Identifying 30 Torches

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Sooooo the project to acquire the 30 Torches was finished much sooner than I expected.
This is mostly because @d2lover managed to get me 82 Keys of Destruction!
I farmed the Ubers today and below you can see the identified the Torches!

P.S. I am extremely surprised that I ended up with 10 of each Hellfire Charm design.
It started completely random and near the end it was such a perfect fit.

Part 2!

Part 3!

Last edited:
Must have taken lots of balls not to ID them before project was completed.

Curious, how many hours did this take you total for this batch?

I was thinking about recording it and this is how I kept myself from IDing them!

Not quite sure how accurate I can be for the keys but it must have been something like this:
For two days I was farming Summoner. I assume I spent something close to 8-10 hours.
For 1 week I was farming Countess. That must have been literally more than 20 hours. ( my last 17 keys were acquired within 6 hours)
And about 3 hours for getting 8 Keys of Destruction. Rest were farmed by d2lover.
That was basically the hardest part.

The organs were something close to 2 hours and the torches were also close to 2 hours ( I had to constantly move to town, leave my own torch, go back and pick the new one).

Now quite sure I will ever do such a thing again since it's a huge gamble.
Out of the 30 Torches only 3 were close to perfect.

Good stuff!
So roughly 1 in 10 chance to get a good one, I kind of like those odds.
Inspiration to keep running them myself!

Reactions: Excalibur
We can do Ubers and DClone in SP now? Wanting to get to see those fights was one of the reasons I tried bnet when D2R released in the first place., and then never got there.

What are the triggers? I assume just the keys for Ubers, is SoJ involved for DClone like it was on bnet?

We can do Ubers and DClone in SP now? Wanting to get to see those fights was one of the reasons I tried bnet when D2R released in the first place., and then never got there.

What are the triggers? I assume just the keys for Ubers, is SoJ involved for DClone like it was on bnet?
You sell a SoJ and Dclone spawns. Ubers is the same as Bnet.

Reactions: snickersnack
It's Frozzen's fault for trading me overall more than 60 keys and got me motivated again.
But I am going to say it, I don't think I will do this again! It's very time consuming and barely rewarding with the results I get! :mad:

Part 2!

Last edited:
I was surprised at how many times you got a 20 for one of the modifiers on either resist or stats. I know everyone wants a 20/20 but I would guess the 20 stat points are a bigger deal as resist you can cover?

After 60 Torches I barely got 5 high end ones. The chances to get either a good or a low roll are pretty much the same so I am very frustrated for the time invested.

I was mostly rooting for the resistances but yeah, the stats seem more important since the resistances can be covered.

It's Frozzen's fault for trading me overall more than 60 keys and got me motivated again.
But I am going to say it, I don't think I will do this again! It's very time consuming and barely rewarding with the results I get! :mad:

Part 2!

still pretty cool - I always liked doing the ubers, got a ways to go before I can tackle 1 though

I was surprised at how many times you got a 20 for one of the modifiers on either resist or stats. I know everyone wants a 20/20 but I would guess the 20 stat points are a bigger deal as resist you can cover?
I think it depends on what your other charms are like. If you're loaded with all res charms, then you really want 20 stat points, but if you're loaded with +life charms, you'll probably prefer resists. I haven't started farming torches yet*, but as I recall from playing bnet long, long ago, if res+stat>30, I'm a happy guy.

* My zealot is about to finish Hell, and he can double as a smiter. I have some points saved, so I can put more points into Smite/HS or some into Fanaticism. I also have already farmed 6 dkeys with my kick/trapper. I have 14 tkeys between LoD and D2R. I don't seem to have any hkeys, but that'll be easy/fast with my light sorc. I can probably run those on /p7, whereas I run for dkeys on /p3, iirc.

I'll try to also record farming and iding. I'm not sure if I'll id all at once or as I go.

After 60 Torches I barely got 5 high end ones. The chances to get either a good or a low roll are pretty much the same so I am very frustrated for the time invested.

I was mostly rooting for the resistances but yeah, the stats seem more important since the resistances can be covered.
You say 5 high end ones, but a good chunk of them were fairly decent. Its the problem of RNG just like everything else in this game, two independent rolls for the stats and res, so chances of both being on the high end is rare. There are definitely a lot of usable charms in the bunch though if you don't like switching gear around a lot like I do.

Reactions: snickersnack
I didn't check, but I'd imagine that the number of torches with both stats <12 is probably the same as the number with both stats >18.

Maybe I should design an online stats course where everything is done in terms of min/maxing some classic game. :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High