Idea for MF Competition

My personal estimate is that Pit is between 20% and 25% better than AT. Reason? I compared best Pit berserkers with AT sorcs assuming MFO tier of effort (say 30-40 hours) which does influence zerkers more than sorcs in the end. But it is fair to say zerkers are not easy to play, and probably average player can't get most out of him, but nor can he do that for sorc as well, but difference could be a bit less then.

Singers seem to be more popular than zerkers, and they are slightly worse too, but still keeping like ~15% distance between Pit and AT, even for average players. But, AT barbs can be almost comparable to Pit barbs, but are 1. harder to play and 2. no one plays those.

That is the reason why Pit is considered better than AT. Cuz barbs OP.

Also that difference is very small if compared over 20 hours. It is almost not there at all. Almost. Pit barb doing 20 hours is similar to AT sorc doing ~24 hours to give a better idea of comparison. Now how much can 4 hours mean...

EDIT
note that this comparison is between most popular characters in both areas. Comparison is not valid between say Pit javazon and AT fire druid or other builds in general. It depends on the build and on the player accordingly.

Last edited:
If it can be up to 20~% better in MFO standarts, it would be alot better longterm like 1-2 months.

Thinking of ditching my AT sorc for a pit character. Any suggestions what besides barb could be used as an efficient pit runner?
Or just what you guys use to run pit?

As far as looking for tc87 s/u items there is no comparison to a barb in the pits. It's mainly because of his hork; but good fcr, not needing CtA, and ability to stack high MF are also factors.

Now if you're looking for other stuff as well a javazon or poison necro are probably going to be much better.

@dOOmas

We talk about additional 5% difference at most when comparing MFO tier and casual tier playing. It's not like they differ that much in the end.

As for other pit runner, I'd guess some kind of sorc would be second best Pitrunner, or maybe hammerdin. Not sure what else can perform great. Unless some p7/8 build to farm other stuff as well.

I wouldn't ditch AT sorc for non-barb pit runner anyway. I'm not sure can any other pit runner beat AT sorc other than barb. That has to be tested, or someone did test and we need info about that.

I don't get why people don't complain about that in the MFO...

We had six people actually wanting to run and running Pindle and members wanted to merge both categories. And we always had people running AT.

And MFO always had several people joining without the goal of winning because they knew they couldn't run as much time or could be as efficient. This tourney would mitigate at least the first part of the problem, I don't see how it will make everybody running Pits, unless they want to. And if it does, at least will make next MFO an even more tight race.

Anyway, my ideia for this tournament was having an MFO divided in time to give a chance for all the non crazies to participate somehow in a MFO event, and to allow every member to see what kind of result they can have in 100h of such running. To help I'd make sheets to encourage it and to allow amazing posts with lots of numbers and analysis.

If people don't really like the base concept of this idea, I guess we should discuss instead MFL and who would organize that, not trying to turn this into a MFL.

Last edited:
I dont mind the fact that i wont be as effective as others running AT instead of pits, im just curious.

Ive been playing my main sorc from 1.10,rarely i touch my other characters at all so i thought if this event happens, i might try something new and compare to my At runs.

I dont think i could be competitive unless i have like a week off, but i still want to join because i find it fun to be involved in community stuff

@pharphis I saw this cartoon, loved it! and thought it was time for a change, at least for a while.

I guess this avatar also needs a song:

I wondered if this was going to happen or not. It may affect what characters I plan to work on in October.

From most comments it seems players prefer something like MFLeague and not a MFO stretched in time. So I guess this idea is discarded.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High