I got Rust Stormed.... :(

Re: I got Rust Stormed.... :(

That even possible for a rust storm to claim an entire gear for a char? I really do think you got robbed.

It is very much possible that a rust storm can miss a dupe item once but claim it some time later on.

I remember the real rust storm that killed all the pure 1.07 or 8 uniques on the switch.

The Elites were bad, but man what the old low level ones had was sick for the level.

They just took all that legitimate drop stuff, Still pisses me off...

I lost a few items once. had me a bit confused as to why such random and low level junk was lost...

turns out the culprit was a 4 year old child gaining access to my computer left online while I was AFK taking a bathroom break.

"Stay away from daddy's computer while he is away!"

It was my bad, usually I turn off the monitor. Little rascal was just too curious.

Adding my own, long time ago placed into oblivion by this forum, 10 cents to the case.

From my own experience, your computer may posses anti-viruses, spyware hunters, and other "security" junk and a relatively knowledged script kiddie or a programmer with any idea of what he/she (you'd be surprised how many women programmers there are) is doing, will tap into your pc without much hassle. Of course it will be a lot harder for the script kiddie since those kind of people use programs made by other people which means that an antivirus or something of the sort probably has something against it already. A programmer that knows what he/she's doing can actually make custom tools that might be hard to detect by the anti-virus, and because everything on computers is done in an orderly fashion, the keylogger could be of use before the antivirus even finds it and has time to act. I don't use any anti-virus, spycrap and my firewall is turned off and my computer is healthy like a Border Collie =]

There are many choices of possible options that could have had occurred:

1. (this one is my personal opinion as to what actually happened) You lost the items. You'd be surprised how easy it is for your char to glitch in the game and cause a weirdo bug that not so many people have experienced, and you lose all your stuff.

2. Your account DID in fact get broken into and the attacker decided to create an illusion of a "robbery-does-not-make-sense" scenario, where people would ask questions such as "why did he/she leave the hrs intact?"

-although if he/she decided to do that, I'm sure they asked themselves "what would I achieve by creating that kind of illusion?" and realized that it is quite pointless, which would result in you getting your accounts cleaned up completely.

3. You were so wasted that night that you took 2 of your chars and gave your stuff away, and now you only remember that you played last night. (unless you're under 21 [or 18 in some countries], I will include that in my list of options :D)

Those are the options that I believe were within range of actually happening. I don't think Blizzard decided to modify Rust Storm to delete self found items (since you said self found items were among those that disappeared) and decided to test it out on you.

Also, last but not least (and I don't really believe you'd do that because that again, doesn't really accomplish anything for you besides maybe making you feel good I guess... lol quite sad though if that's the case) you could be, as someone said, lying about this whole thing.

If you want a clean computer, use your own best judgment. If you feel a file is a virus, or if someone in the comments under the download says "VIRUS DO NOT DOWNLOAD", the obviousness in the case is, don't open it. Anti-viruses are great tools and so are firewalls and other things of the sort, but don't expect those to protect you by themselves, you have to help out as well, since you are the one who has dominant control over the computer. Because even though those protective programs are warning you against files, most of us simply dismiss the window and get infected anyways (think Vista =D).

Now, that's enough for my difficult to follow wording. :] btw guys... If someone actually decides to read over this, I'd appreciate if you could tell me if my "opinions" are difficult to understand... I always have a feeling that my thoughts are completely out of line when I read my own posts, but don't seem so much off when I write them. Thanks a bunch :]

Now, that's enough for my difficult to follow wording. :] btw guys... If someone actually decides to read over this, I'd appreciate if you could tell me if my "opinions" are difficult to understand... I always have a feeling that my thoughts are completely out of line when I read my own posts, but don't seem so much off when I write them. Thanks a bunch :]

Your wall of text hit me perfectly clear m8 :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High