HR in wrong socketable - dump it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peytron

Jun 9, 2008
Hi Everyone,

So my necro found a vex rune in the halls of pain.
View attachment 11132
Being super excited to make a HOTO for my sorc, I fired up Gomule and moved the rune and what I thought was a 4os flail to my sorc. What I didn't realise was that it was an eth flail.
View attachment 11133
So in a panic I rolled back the character and remade the runeword in a 4os non-eth flail.

At the time I just called it a Gomule error and motored on, but now I feel like I tainted the character.

Looking for advice. Do I:
1. Throw it away because I screwed up and dropped the eth HOTO. So roll back the character to before the Vex was found, and the Vex is gone for good.
2. Go back and restore the eth HOTO
3. Keep the non-eth HOTO because it was a lower roll than the eth HOTO anyway.

Obviously looking back I should have just kept the eth HOTO, but now I'm leaning towards option 1.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm aware that it says reloading characters is not permitted for trading items (hopefully just for trading items), which I'm not planning to do.

Last edited:
Honestly, it's a sorc... Using Hoto, I would just keep the eth hoto for style points and make a different one the next timeI found another Vex.. You're never using the durability up anyways lol

@peytron

Unfortunately its not 'just' for trading items. Its not allowed for any reason other than file corruption iirc.

Message both mods; should be the first thing you do. They will tell you exactly how to proceed, but im sure the hoto will be lost at the very least.

Thanks for coming out and being honest though. Let karma drop you bunch more hrs in the future. =)

If the SPF mod's approve, and you clean up things on your end, I can spot you a Vex. I'm not playing that much these days (although still some), and can spare it.

I really appreciate the offer, but I want to stick with self found items (at least for now).

I think I already know the answer to my question. If I keep the HOTO I'm going to feel like I've cheated so I'm going to dump it and rollback. Lesson learned.

Thanks everyone.

For reference, many people on Bnet actually prefer an eth HOTO since it has lower requirements. For a sorc, this will work just fine for you.

@peytron

Unfortunately its not 'just' for trading items. Its not allowed for any reason other than file corruption iirc.

Message both mods; should be the first thing you do. They will tell you exactly how to proceed, but im sure the hoto will be lost at the very least.

Thanks for coming out and being honest though. Let karma drop you bunch more hrs in the future. =)

Correct answer here.
You have mail. I’m locking this for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High