Howdy SPF!

hairsuit

Nov 7, 2021
Howdy SPF!

I stopped playing D2 in 2006 (I think) and was pumped to jump back into it for D2R as I have had a hankering to collect some loot :) I have always played D2 on BNet but after the server issues I started a SP character to avoid the queues. I really started to prefer the fact that I could just play when I wanted, had more control over the game (Stable maps, /playersX) and there are no bots or dupes :D The thing I was missing though was a community, as most are only BNet players, and a place to trade items.

I then started looking into single player deeper and found the old incarnation of this forum this summer. I creeped for a couple months until I understood the rules and got a feel for how active it is. And now we are here.

As for what I am doing/looking to do in D2R:

1. I am leveling a self-found SC Javazon. She is currently level 43 ( I think 🤔) and is progressing through NM. I intend on making her a TF Javazon but I intended to try out other builds along the way. The goal is to have fun and get an Infinity :p. I also plan to start a thread for her to document progress and ask questions.

2. I am working on a SC Holy Grail. I basically am just recording what I find :)

3. I would like to get into HC but I want to get more experience in SC first

In RL I am a Software Engineer working at a rapidly growing tech company. I live in Canada and have a wife and 2 kids. I collect retro video games, am into MTG (Legacy specifically) and ride road bikes (petal, not motor).

👋

Welcome Hairsuit. What a nice introduction thread. Thank you for painting us a picture of yourself.

Nice to see a fellow Amazon enthusiast here. (I am not biased at all...)

If you haven't already, get gomule. It it amazing, and the flavie report will help keeping track of the grail.

Looking forward to see your future postings.

Oh, before I forget:
*kicks shin*

Reactions: hairsuit and Rush
Thank you for the nice introduction! Great to see so many people join after all those years!

And another MTG player! :) Do you play Legacy IRL or on MTGO? If I hadn't traded away my dual lands 25 years ago for Balduvian Hordes, maybe I'd still be able to play Legacy 😜 But I do like drafts way more anyways, so not much harm done (other than some hundred to thousand dollars of lost profit...)

Good luck on finding the grail and maybe join a tournament once in a while to try HC! A good idea might be to join one of the tournaments that allow SC participants (it has been an addition to recent tournaments) but treat the character as if it was HC and go single pass. I think that you learn the safe way of playing the game best that way. Without single pass, I (and probably lots of other players) tend to rush too much and are too reckless, resulting in more deaths than SP, where you usually don't skip mobs. Thus you have always a safe zone to retreat to.

Have fun!

Hey @Grisu , I played MTG Legacy IRL. I have not gotten into MTGO yet but I am considering it :unsure: I have also looked into playing on the MTG Legacy Discord, which has tournaments via webcam.

I just started to get back into it and the Pandemic started. I hope to go back to IRL play again.

If I hadn't traded away my dual lands 25 years ago for Balduvian Hordes, maybe I'd still be able to play Legacy 😜 But I do like drafts way more anyways, so not much harm done (other than some hundred to thousand dollars of lost profit...)
Ya, luckily I held on to my cards :). I remember when Balduvian Horde was like $25 each back in the day. I have not not done too much drafting but I have been considering it.
join a tournament once in a while to try HC! A good idea might be to join one of the tournaments that allow SC participants (it has been an addition to recent tournaments) but treat the character as if it was HC and go single pass.
Good idea! I'll have to peruse the tournaments!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High