How would you play it? (Wolfbarb)

it's the same bug as from chaos RW and bloodletter sword. i got struck too many times with bloodletter that i decided to go with zeal variant and never looked back.
my wolfbarb is pat now. lvl 86. more to level from now on.

That's very true liq. Very, very true, and one of the reasons Strijdje could pump his wolfie's life (and damage for that matter) to obsene levels.

What I would really like to try is running baal with your reaver (and my 07 valor, a la strijdje) and seeing what comes.

And just think if they still allowed life from +vita items (or scaling +life/vita) to be calculated with BO, like in 09! wow).

crg

nebux said:
it's the same bug as from chaos RW and bloodletter sword. i got struck too many times with bloodletter that i decided to go with zeal variant and never looked back.
my wolfbarb is pat now. lvl 86. more to level from now on.
wow u really pat ur chars fast-what was it 2 days when u started him?:shocked:
Mine is in pits and lvl80 , but i need to lvl him to 85 for arkaines and tomby.

personaly i would build your wolfbarb with as much vit as possable, make use of battle orders and werewolfs life bonuses, just go enought str and dex for gear.

for my wolf barb i lvled up to about 30ish just by playing @ p8 (using normal attack and alot of cb) then i mped for a while and got up to using my passion phase blade for the zeal(still with alot of cb :D) did some solo area runs for more exp. then just lvled in pultiplayer again. and dont try the blood letter thing it works ok for a short while but the damage just sucks after a while. (mi

mines a maxblock wolfbarb and ispreticly unkillable pvm (havnt tryed pvp yet)

Naab said:
But i think thanks to it i got wierd bug - every time i got a lvl and was whirlin same time ,my barb couldnt move anymore and i couldnt do anything else then s&e.
That must be because every time you level, or exit from a chat window in MP, you get unequipped and reequipped. That is why you lose item granted summons when you level up. In your case, when you kill a monster and level up, you unequip your helm, so you no longer have WW. But you're supposed to be continuing to whirl. I don't know what happens to an already-started-but-no-longer-possessed attack skill, and I assume neither does the game, so it gives an error and stops all movement. That might actually be the reason combat skills do not spawn any more. I'd still try the weapon switch trick, or try to use a different skill, like a war cry though.

On the other hand, I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a arrested-because-of-unequipped-hat whirlwind and a weapon-broke-in-the-middle-of-whirl whirlwind.

the is no cure from whirlwind attack bug in game. only save and exit.
WW with bloodletther is damn powerfull. barb can dual wield, so bloodletter is used like an off hand weapon. the same is for passion not enoght damage.
try to zeal,WW with an Oath BB like this and you'll see the diference.
P5 pits zealing very easy. and i leveled mine on my own ( no MP cheese)

Oath
Balrog Blade
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 79 to 406
Two-Hand Damage: 297 to 642
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Required Level: 53
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xa26918e4
+10 to Energy
+263% Enhanced Damage
50% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+12 Magic Absorb
Indestructible
30% Chance to cast Level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (20/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3938307&postcount=50 said:
The code hasn't been completely rewritten, everything about the skill, slvl etc selection is the same, but in 1.11 (and I guess 1.10 as well, judging from what I've read) theres now a new factor that can limit skills to spawn on certain item types. In 1.09 the only skill that couldnt spawn on items (iirc) was poison dagger, which was a hardcoded check. Now, as RTB mentioned before, the itypea1 column in skills.txt (ONLY itypea1, not the rest if the itypexx columns or the etype ones) tells what items the specific skill can spawn on. However, this new function seems to have been implented rather poorly.

After it has selected a 'skill tier' (see first post) to choose a skill from, it loops SIX TIMES (for each skill) to see if it can find a valid skill (a valid skill must have matching itypea1 to the items type and it must not have already been selected). Each loop it randomly selects a new skill from the chosen tier, and checks if it is ok. If, however, it fails all 6 times to find a valid skill, it will STILL go on and select the skill that it tried last. And, it will not add that skill to the selected skills list, so it could select the same skill twice (not sure if it would simply add the skill levels together, or overwrite the first one).

Hopefully this will shed some light on things.

I am 100% sure it was 1.11 , this post may shed some light on it , if not i can do some more searching

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High