how to back-up customised keyboard controls?

saracen85

Oct 1, 2006
how to back-up customised keyboard controls?

as mentioned, any specific file that stores all the customised keyboard controls? it's a bit irritating that i've to reset them every time i install the game..

thx in advance=)

Doesn't each character have a .key file? I could be talking complete rubbish. Try giving one character another one's key (after renaming it) and see. I don't recall redoing keys after I recovered a backup after a dead HD.

@Huriel - I have 60+ chars, it would be a *real* pain to redo those keys. And you never know when your HD will die. How many "I've lost all my stuff because I didn't back up" threads have you seen. :rolleyes:

@thyiad
thx. the renaming works. i'll be backing that up =)

@huriel
my comp doesn't have that much hdd space left. so when installing another game, i usually uninstall d2 first =)

@thyiad
thx. the renaming works. i'll be backing that up =)

@huriel
my comp doesn't have that much hdd space left. so when installing another game, i usually uninstall d2 first =)

Have you tried just deleting the six biggest .mpq files in your DiabloII folder?? These make up 1.6 Gb of the total 1.8 Gb that the game takes up.

You could just burn these 6 files on 2 data CDs. And then "re-installing" just means copying the 6 files back, will be so much quicker and easier than proper re-installing.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High