Help: Pitrunning DS/summonersin

skiffcz

Sep 23, 2007
Help: Pitrunning DS/summonersin

Hello,
for upcomming MF league, I decided to build 9 different chars for each area. Becouse I have 0 vanilla wealth, I picked trapsin as opening char (for pits). But having build one before, I want this one tweak a bit.

Cutting the long intro, my idea is as follows:

1, Cast BoS, run to Pits, create shadow on the run
2, In pits, let both pets (I consider Barb as merc this time) supply some corpses, support them with MB from behind
3, Cast few Death sentries
4, Profit

The build is sketched as follows:
20 DS
20 one shadow
1 MB, claw block, CoS, fade etc.
~5ish BoS (to reach ~11 after skills)
Some kill stuff for shadow here
rest FB to synergize DS

Now the questions:

1, Is this real? I have no experience with shadows nor claw tab whatsoever. Or is this totally stupid idea wchich wont work taking down bosspacks in pits?

2, If yes, which shadow to pick. I understand that master is sturdier and generally more lazy approach, but I like the control over warrior. I can even make her cast few traps in case of low mana (remember this is vanilla). I never used any of them though.

3, If Warrior, what skills should I take for her to utilize?

4, ???

As you can see, Im a bit lost here. The idea is based on my experience with pure trapper, where I ended up casting LS just for first few corpses anyways, the hard work was done with DS. Leaving out like 50 pts of unnecessary synergies for LS and focusing on DS from the beginning would allow me to find another, perhaps better/quicker/more universal solution for feeding DS with corpses.

Thanks all in advance :wink:

Re: Help: Pitrunning DS/summonersin

LS and FB will make corpses at a much higher rate than Shadows and Mercs.

9 different characters for each area?

Wow, I only have 2 chars for the whole league! I wouldn't necessarily advise a trapsin for running the pits, as LI archers can spawn there (I know you're using DS for the CE, but by using it in an area where LIs exist you're losing one of two damage kinds).

Personally, I'd go for a poisonmancer for the pits. It's simple, classic and a bit cheesy, but that's because it works.

edit: I just realised this isn't the most helpful of posts - allow me to correct that.

I'm a big fan of SM, as occasionally she seems to spawn uber-powerful and is a machine o' death. Maybe this is like the lvl17 valk spawning with war pike, etc.

Also, be aware of mana issues if you're not using an Insight-wielding merc. I had major mana issues with my trapsin, and found that even with +mana stuff I was still chugging the blues when my merc wasn't around.

You can simply use Fire Blast on LIs...

I agree though that there are easier builds.

EmperorMoo: Yup, 9 different. I want trapsin over Poimancer becouse I also want all 7 classes participating on this and that PoiMancer can be a bit expensive on gear (and also sin is faster reaching the spot, hopefully slimming down runtimes).

Stephan: Thinking about it, you are right .... seems straight trapper is in the end way to go.

I found FB to be about as effective as tickling enemies with a feather. I take it you need to get it to be lvl25+ for it to have any effect at all?

edit: I know what you mean about poisonmancers being expensive, and I'm also concerned about how long it's going to take mine to reach the Pits (about half the length of my run time is currently taken up getting to the Pits :()

I found FB to be about as effective as tickling enemies with a feather. I take it you need to get it to be lvl25+ for it to have any effect at all?
At higher levels it does the about the same damage as LS per shot. If you leave it at one point it's useless like most other skills yes.

In the end it's just a matter of figuring out that you don't need to max all of LS synergies to be effective.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High