Hello!

Dredd

Administrator
Jan 3, 2004
Hello!

For months I've been meaning to make this thread and for months I've procrastinated. I don't have much of an excuse other than I hate starting threads and I don't like talking about myself (too much). However, like the many others who make "hello" threads, I'm interested in taking advantage of our SP trading forum and maybe even join in some MP games once in a while (provided a certain somebody doesn't drag me into WoW first). I understand that popping in here first to say hello is a long-standing tradition, so here I am. :)

The name, of course, is Dredd - I can usually be found goofing off next door in our Community Forum, hanging out in the OTF, and giving the rest of Team Green a headache in the Mod Forum. Actually, I also snoop around here in the SP Forum quite a bit - usually late at night. I don't talk much and I'm always invisible - needless to say, I know much more about you folks than you know about me.

In real life I'm a landowner - I run my business from my home and outside of some modest paperwork and phoning, I have a lot of free time for friends, family and my 5000 hobbies. I like woodworking, books, writing and gaming amongst other things. This is now starting to read like a dating thread, so let's move on ... however, if you are reading this, are female, single, and have natural red hair, call me ... please. :lol:

I've been playing SP since April and having a great time. I spent about three years on BNet and enjoyed my time there, but the rune duping situation that has been plaguing the realms since 1.10 was driving me crazy so I decided to quit. I almost gave up on the game entirely, but I decided to give SP + ATMA a try first and ... well, I'm still playing. :D

I'm running four characters at the moment - a Meteorb Sorceress (Matriarch, halfway through level 92), a Fishymancer, Werewolf Druid, and my first LF Javazon since 1.09 (these three are just starting Hell). I was originally going to hold off on trading here until my Sorceress hit level 93 (for high-end crafting), but my nonstop pit running has netted me more goods than I know what to do with - so it's time to start cleaning out my stashes. I may get started before the end of the weekend, or possibly sometime this week.

Hmmm, I can't think of anything else to say about myself. Looking at the above paragraphs, I think I've said more than enough! Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays.

Welcome to the forum, Dredd! :clap:

Gotta' admit that eventhough I ain't no redhead, and certainly not a female, I definitely think that redheads with green eyes is one magical combination :D
Of course, dark hair and crystal clue eyes is just as amazing, and so is blone... and.... yeah, all elite uniques are amazing in their own way :thumbsup:

Hope you will have a good time here, and hope you will join my MP games in the future, just ask around for the Vegameister :D

aka Rushmaster, aka Shanianut, aka that guy who's running for Lo's...

Er... yeah, I like to talk too much ^^

Welcome to the SPF Dredd :wave: I think you're the first mod to make an intro post since I've been around here! I've seen you lurking (not invisible to me :D ) and I'm glad you've officially joined us.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before another mod joined us now who will be next :uhhuh:

Welcome Dredd i have read some of your finds you been bragging about it in the community threads :p you are right about having some nice items.

Im almost scared to do it but you have been asking for it

*runs up and kicks Dredd in the shins and runs as fast as he can"

its nice seeing a mod make an intro thread. leading by example. Welcome to the SPF.

Spludge said:
On a virtual highway
I lean back in my chair
Smell of virtual cookies
Rising up through the air
On a link in the sidebar
I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim
I had to click it tonight
There they stood in the doorway
And most of them could spell
And I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Then they pointed out ATMA
And they showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel Single Player
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely place (background)
Where we can't see your face
Plenty of room at the Hotel Single Player
Any time of year
Any time of year (background)
You can find it here

They've got the Beacon's Billboard
They've got the daily threads
They've got the Etdlahq Memorial Bar
Where they drink their kegs
How they dance in the tournys
Sweet gaming sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
So I called up the Mods and
Said "Please, let me whine"
They said
We haven't had that attitude here since 1999
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel Single Player
Such a lovely Place
Such a lovely Place (background)
Where we can't see your face
Blame it on Durf at the Hotel Single Player
What a nice surprise
What a nice surprise (background)
Bring your alibies

Forum FAQ on the front page
The members are nice
And they said
We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
And when the squid appears
They gather for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I typed an intro thread
The SPF had dragged me in and had got into my head
This game is better ny yourself,
Better than you'd ever believe
You can log out any time you like
But you can never leave

welcome to the spf Dredd
*see a sign on Dredd shin*
*hmm*
ok now whatch out for the squid

Your first day at the SPF and already 2,9k posts, very productive. And how did you get that green name tag? I don't get it. :teeth:

Welcome!

Dredd said:
... however, if you are reading this, are female, single, and have natural red hair, call me ... please. :lol:

I am blessed with a natural red head for a girlfriend :D. Welcome to the SPF!

Welcome to the SPF, Dredd!
Hope you continue enjoying your stay around here.
and yeah, beware the Giant Squid, his voracious appetite fears no bansticks....
have a :drink: on me at the EMB

OT: I want a christmas hat for Jill

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. :)

Lord_Vega said:
Gotta' admit that eventhough I ain't no redhead, and certainly not a female, I definitely think that redheads with green eyes is one magical combination

Don't forget the delicate pale skin and freckles. *sigh*

*snaps out of it*

I beg you not to encourage this topic, or you'll never be able to shut me up. The fewer who know of my obsession, the better.

AlterEgo said:
I think you're the first mod to make an intro post since I've been around here!

:lol: Well, I might be the first, but I think that an intro thread before trading is a fine guideline and it would be rude of me not to follow it.

aman said:
Im almost scared to do it but you have been asking for it

Yeah, you should be! Remember what happened to our friend corax? You could be next! :evil:

Kefir-Tribe said:
And how did you get that green name tag?

Don't take candy from strangers or it could happen to you too. ;)

hmm, as i understood it there were only 2 officially sanctioned mods allowed here on the spf. i always figured that alterego was the rwm and kremtok was the rrm. this being true is there now a change in the spf mod rules?
also, i dont think we should take lightly the odds of a dll conflict with too many mods running in the same forum.. ;) dune

Well, honey, I'm married, but it's always lovely to be appreciated :D

It's nice to see you over here! There's no turning back now, you know. It's true -- you can never leave...

Welcome to the SPF! Anyway are you going to consider using any of the allowed mods here? (RRM/RWM)

TrubbaNot said:
Well, honey, I'm married, but it's always lovely to be appreciated

According to an article I was reading a couple weeks ago, only 4% of the world population is naturally redheaded. That's indeed very special and worthy of appreciation, in my opinion.

And of course you're married, the best women always are ... every ... bloody ... time. :lol:

SeDnA said:
Welcome to the SPF! Anyway are you going to consider using any of the allowed mods here? (RRM/RWM)

Hi SeDnA. :)

I've been mulling over that for many months. Right now I am very content playing the game unmodded and for the forseeable future I am going to stick with it. I've spent the last three+ years dodging Baal-bots, duped runes, tppkers, Pick-it/Maphackers, whites/iths, scammers, trolls and spammers on Battle.net. Right now, I'm just happy that I can still enjoy the game without having to worry about those things anymore.

In spite of choosing to stick with vanilla D2X, I have no objections to trading with members who use either of the aboved-mentioned mods. Thus, I will be "tainted" and there will be many who will not trade with me. This is fine - I completely understand the desire to stay pure.

Speaking of trading, my first list is up. I spent the last hour and a half on one post trying to follow up on offers. Trading in the SPF is much harder than I anticipated. :lol:

If I ever switch over to a mod, it will be the RWM. I'm not paranoid about missing rune drops, so I have no use for the RRM.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High