Hello there, folks! I'm back :)

rafquad

Feb 17, 2012
Hello there, folks! I'm back :)

Good night everyone, how are you? :)

Some of you may remember me. I used to post under the usernames Star_Wizard, StarlightWizard, SWiz, etc. I'm sure that at least Thyiad remembers me - she banned me quite a few times for stubborness on my part in regards to the rules :p

I really do go way back. When I started playing D2 and joined here, the likes of Waimea and Greybeard were active posters. I've made a *lot* of great friends here, including - but definitely not limited to - LoneWolf, DarkChaos, Serdash, Nightfish, etc. I hope you guys remember me :)

And of course, to all of you who don't know me, pleased to meet you. My name is Rafael (Raf, please), I'm a 24-year-old guy from Brazil, and have been in and off D2 since it came out. I just came back to the game about a month ago - got a new computer, started to wonder "mmm what should I play?" and the gool 'ol memories of bashing act bosses and Super Uniques for itamz came back. I learned about the new 1.13 patch with upgraded rune drops and my mind was set, and thus I came back :thumbup:

So far, I have four characters that can handle themselves:

Magicka, clvl87 FO/FB/Meteor Sorceress. The obligatory first MF'er.
Terra, clvl82 Fishyzon (she was actually the first one, untwinked, but found the gear to get the sorc on her feet and the teleporting lady became my main character soon after)
Bastian, clvl86 Trav/Pindleskin basher.
Veridia, clvl85 Pit/CS runner Bowzon (my favorite!)

I still have my old characters on my laptop, all quite nicely geared up (Tal's Armor, Eth Skullder's, HotO, Fortitude, a Windforce that was given to me by - I reckon - DarkChaos, and more), but I decided to start again from zero. It's much more fun this way :)

Currently I'm MFing, and working on Rune, a Zealot, and Astrid, an Aggresin. Thinking on doing a Druid next. No Necromancers, though, as I never really liked them. Oh and about the MFing...

View attachment 822

View attachment 823

Looks like the new rune drops are for real :p I wonder what I should do with those... Chains of Honor and Call to Arms can be made right now, but I am holding back. Would appreciate some input here :)

Well, I guess that's it. It feels good to be back. Just wanted to say hello to you all! I hope I'm not breaking any rules in this indroduction post - no, really, I mean it. Thyiad, you made me completely paranoid, seriously. Haha.

Thanks for reading, everyone :)

Cheers!
- Raf/SWiz

Re: Hello there, folks! I'm back :)

Rule #7 "Thou Shalt Not Spoof"

....If you're banned for some reason, don't keep coming back with "Fred," "Fred the Undead" and "Fred Yet Again." If you were banned, take it like a man… wellll, take it like a reasonable person, and accept your fate. We ban the person not the account so registering under a new nickname will result in that account being banned too.

Oh... well, there was this little bit too..

If you wish, you may appeal the account closure to the staff.

Might want to do the latter, if you haven't already.

Oh... well, there was this little bit too..

Might want to do the latter, if you haven't already.

Hey there Murtaugh :)

I did my time just fine, and even posted for quite a bit of time in that account afterwards. Thing is, I don't use the email in which I registered that account anymore, and don't remember the username/password I had. I hope it's ok that I'm registering under a new one considering that I wasn't banned on the other..

Hey there Murtaugh :)

I did my time just fine, and even posted for quite a bit of time in that account afterwards. Thing is, I don't use the email in which I registered that account anymore, and don't remember the username/password I had. I hope it's ok that I'm registering under a new one considering that I wasn't banned on the other..

Welcome back! Guess your post was confusing then if you weren't really banned in the first place. Anyway as I've said before, it's just amazing that people (old timers and newcomers) play this game after so many years!

Welcome back.

I can tell you what email you registered with on Starlight_Wizard if that would help. PM me or email me (address in the FAQ) if so. Otherwise, I'll ban all your alts as multi-accounting isn't acceptable.
(EDIT: I meant the ones you no longer have access to and leave this one)

It looks like your other bans were for trade rule breaches. If you review the trade rules before trading, then we should get on fine now. :wink:

Last edited:

Hey there , welcome back !
That's one hell of a lucky Ohm drop from countess, thought her normal drop table was just there to mock us with such low chances :crazyeyes:

Enjoy your stay this time around

Oh and...

*shinkickofdeath*
*stealgreenbreastplate*

@EnerSense: I was banned :p but the bans were temp bans (2 days, a week, etc) and they all expired. Then I played for a few months and stopped, and now I'm back after quite a few years and made a new account because I forgot the previous email/account info.

@Thyiad: Hey there, Thy :)) You can ban all the other ones and leave me this one then, how does that sound? And don't worry, I'll review the rules several times and won't be as stubborn as I was back then, I promise. It's good to see you're still around after all this time :)

@Oblivious: You tell me! It was a jaw-dropping moment. I did like 400 countess runs so far, and she coughed me 2x Mal, 2x Ist, 2x Um, and that Ohm. Looks like the new rates are awesome. Yes the Ohm was unlikely, but the fact is that, in a month, I got Ber from AT, Ohm from Countess, and Vex from Travincal, when the highest I ever got before was a Vex from Meph. The new drops are indeed very good and some high runes feel like high TC uniques and sets now.

@Everyone: Like I briefly mentioned in the first post, what should I do with those roonz? Is Heart of the Oak that much better than Spirit and Sorc Orbs, for instance? Is Call to Arms good for anything other than PvP? How about Chains of Honor? I know I'm just a Jah away from Enigma, but if I get Jah I think I'll make Faith, first. Chains looks like one hell of an upgrade over the Black Hades I'm using for Travincal Runs on my MF barb, but it does spend Um, Ist and Ber. Thoughts?

Welcome back. Always nice to see returnees.

Heart of the oak is gg, no competition when it comes to casters. Except maybe death's fathom for blizz sorcs.

Call to arms should be good for safety in mf runs and the like. Don't think I'd ever use it for questing, though.

As for others I can't really say, but keep at it. In about 3 months I've made fortitude, grief, enigma, faith, dual dreams and I'm gonna make an infinity soon, so I say make whatever you wanna make. You'll eventually get some great rune-age.

I don't think HOTO is worth it for a sorc. Until you get fathom, you should be using Tal's set anyway. CoH isn't "ber" better than vipermagi. Both runewords are good for the +all skills though, if you are using o-skills. Both runewords are really secondary to getting an infinity or enigma. Although HOTO is chump change, so no real harm making it.

If you are fine with giving up your weapon switch, CTA is really good for the times where you want to go through the motions, and not lose a lot of experience / gold due to dying / merc dying.

L_E!!! Hello there man :D I guess a LOT of dinosaurs still lurk in this place huh? haha. Lovely! Do you still play often? I hope so! Maybe we can MP sometime. Untwinked perhaps :)

@franklin: I'm missing tal's armour and ammy, unfortunately :( what I have right now is Spirit or Eschuta's Temper. Pretty silly not to have even an Occy yet, I know, but meh what can I do :p roonz are easier to find now than some prized golds and greens, lol!

And yeah I'll hold onto that Ber. Just got Sur today from Trav, which means I'm just another Sur or Ber away from Infinity, and that makes so many builds dominate it's not funny. Much better than CoH. I just want a Lo really badly, I want to retire my Black Hades on my WW barb asap. I feel like such a noobie whirling with 2x Oath and Black Hades, lol.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High