Has Anybody Tried This Holy Fire Variant?

saracen85

Oct 1, 2006
Has Anybody Tried This Holy Fire Variant?

Holy Fire, as we know it, is the weakest elemental aura the Paladin has in his arsenal but I just want to try one out=) Not everybody has the resources to make Hand of Justice + Dual Dragon runewords, so I was thinking of one that utilizes the +% fire skill damage mod on the equipment. Such mod will give "double mastery" bonus upon melee attack right?

Has it been tried out yet? Possibly a link for gear selection recommendations?

Basically, it's a Zealot with Holy Fire aura and geared with a possible selection of the following equipment;

Griswold Armor with 3x Fire Facets
Ormus Robes (15% Fire Damage)
War Scepter class weapon with +3 Holy Fire (socketed with Fire Facets)
Djinn Slayer (250-500 Fire Damage + 2 Sockets for Fire Facets)
Paladin Shield with 4x Fire Facets
Dragonscale Shield (15% Fire Damage and 211-371 Fire Damage)
and not forgetting the each Fire Facet has 17-45 Fire Damage

Any help or suggestion is certainly welcome. Thanks=)

Holy Fire, as we know it, is the weakest elemental aura the Paladin has in his arsenal but I just want to try one out=) Not everybody has the resources to make Hand of Justice + Dual Dragon runewords, so I was thinking of one that utilizes the +% fire skill damage mod on the equipment. Such mod will give "double mastery" bonus upon melee attack right?

Has it been tried out yet? Possibly a link for gear selection recommendations?

Basically, it's a Zealot with Holy Fire aura and geared with a possible selection of the following equipment;

Griswold Armor with 3x Fire Facets
Ormus Robes (15% Fire Damage)
War Scepter class weapon with +3 Holy Fire (socketed with Fire Facets)
Djinn Slayer (250-500 Fire Damage + 2 Sockets for Fire Facets)
Paladin Shield with 4x Fire Facets
Dragonscale Shield (15% Fire Damage and 211-371 Fire Damage)
and not forgetting the each Fire Facet has 17-45 Fire Damage

Any help or suggestion is certainly welcome. Thanks=)
IMHO this idea is begging for a full Griswold's set all stuffed with fire facets! :laugh:

@heskla
CG's HF build leans more towards the physical side.. I'm trying to concentrate more on the Fire side, just like those Tesladins or Frosties=)

@taiga
Hmm.. Good call. That did not come across my mind at all.

*off to Skill Calc to play with potential dmg numbers=)

Maybe you would be better off with the same fire damage gear and conviction for an aura?

- Demon Limb switch for enchant.

@heskla
CG's HF build leans more towards the physical side.. I'm trying to concentrate more on the Fire side, just like those Tesladins or Frosties=)

The fact that the majority of my damage was physical (though not by much - I estimate at most 60/40 phys/fire split after considering -res% and hell global physical resist) was just because that's how weak holy fire is. The skill placement of the build is built to maximize holy fire damage (maxed both RF and salvation). The weapon choice was for the -res% (which is something you should seriously consider - if you're worried about doing too much physical damage, make the obedience in a excep or normal polearm. I have an excep obedience lying around that I use for merc twinking, so it wouldn't wind up being a waste in the long run). The -res% will be far, far more useful to you than an extra few +skills to holy fire, also, but it would cost you use of a shield.

If you're trying to maximize +fire% then I agree about the gris' set socketed with facets - they'll be your best bet.

Best of luck, I hope you can get your HF damage numbers up higher than I did.

-CG

with the gris set thats a possible +60/-60 fire not bad

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High