Hammerdin/Smiter Hybrid Paladin!

Theio Vrefos

Sep 7, 2008
Hammerdin/Smiter Hybrid Paladin!

So, recent bans have got my accounts. I restarted with a hammerdin and got him to the standard hammerdin equipment. I then started leveling a smiter to transform into a UT bane, but because the process is extremelly boring, i stopped the project after a while.

And then it struct me. What if i could transform my hammerdin into a 1 point smiter? There were however some obvious points:

• Skills: That's a good question. Smiters use fanaticism and smite while hammerdins max out completely different skills. There is a common ground for both of them though. That's holy shield. I was actually a hammerdin, with maxed synergies, too. So there i had it: 20 concentration, 20 blessed hammer, 20 vigor, 20 blessed aim, 9 points into requirements and 1 point wonders (Actually, 10 for me - i was stupid enough to put one point in holy fire :crazyeyes:). A level ~90 (a "realistic" goal) yields 101 skill points (-89 = 12) points for Holy Shield. Yes, i'd like it to be max, but :/
  • IAS: You can easily reach the last smite breakpoint with fanaticism. Now you'll be using concentration for smiting, which should be on par with fanaticism on damage. But it's unfortunately not the same with IAS. Assuming you are using a grief with perfect speed (40 ias is the max iirc), even getting a 15% IAS jewel on your shako will not help you reaching the last smiting breakpoint. So, i'd settle with the second best and shoot for a random grief.
  • Yeah, but, Crushing Blow?: Well, the easiest part to get crushing blow was from getting rid of my sandstorm treks and slapping a pair of gores. I didn't even have a problem with my poison resistance or my strength, thanks to my high attribute annihilus charm.
  • Life Tap: Tried and got an exile. I was too bored of swapping draculs and magefists.

I did tried it out today with Krupa and we managed to kill all ubers easily, although we did stack concentration/fanaticism.

Points? Suggestions?

Re: Hammerdin/Smiter Hybrid Paladin!

There has been a guide/thread about turning a hammerdin into a 1 point smiter. All it requires is basically switching gear. There are several different set ups that you could change to for smiting. You listed out the major things so not bad.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High