Guide to the Pvm psn javazon

Re: Guide to the Pvm psn javazon

thx for the idea :D

my psn javazon just became my first untwinked solo played queen ever :thumbup:

also in my experience is 'city of the damned' and 'river of flame' the best place to exp and mf with her

So I've got a poison amazon on UsWest Ladder as of now, just waiting for ladder reset so I figured I would make an odd character to pass the time.

I've got a few questions about this build, how much poison damage is plauge suppose to do? When is the valk suppose to be a tank? I am just getting to maxing valk and shes not a tank, I suppose it's after decoy is maxed.

A level 20 Valk :
Mana cost: 44
Cast Delay: 6 Seconds
Attack Rating: +800%
Resist lightning/cold/fire: 42%
Strenght: 500
Dexterity: 240
Defense: +190%
Dodge: 1
Avoid: 1
Evade: 1
Critical Strike: 0
Hit Points: 2000 - 2400 (ø2200)
Item lvl: 82
[Synergy] Decoy: +2% All Resistances (2% / Lvl)
[Synergy] Decoy: +20% Hit Points (20% / Lvl)
[Synergy] Penetrate: +0% Attack Rating (40% / Lvl)
[Synergy] Dodge: +1 Dodge (1 / Lvl)
[Synergy] Avoid: +1 Avoid (1 / Lvl)
[Synergy] Evade: +1 Evade (1 / Lvl)
[Synergy] Critical Strike: +0 Critical Strike (1 / Lvl)

With 20% extra life and 2% res all per point in decoy, that does help.
I guess her tank ability depends on where you use her.
If you use her in CS, she will be killing herself due to Iron Maiden.
Think about using impale, with a random magical( anybody know if this can be rare?) lance, with 500 Str. Then try that with Iron Maiden on you. That's the Valk in CS.

The maximum damage you can get from Plague Javalin without +skills is :
Mana cost: 16.5
Cast Delay: 4 Seconds
Poison duration: 10.6 Seconds
Attack Rating: +201%
Poison damage: 5664 - 5813 (ø5738.5)
[Synergy] Poison Javelin: +200% Poison damage (10% / Lvl)

Any tips on this character for Act4 NM, specifically dealing with the Venom Lords? I've invested most of my points into the Poison Skills atm. My Valk is only level 5 and is unable to take them out. Which means, A4 is treacherous.

/reviveoldthread

:)

You could respec to have a more powerfull valk. With Iron Maiden gone from CS, there's nearly nothing that can stop a zon with a tankyre.
Other options are knockback (howltusk great helm or cleglaws gloves), monster flee, cold slow, preferably combined with open wounds(boneflesh armor).
And there's always the sniping option. Don't use a valk, but lure the Venom Lords to you one at a time. You won't be able to do this with a valk, because a valk will walk towards the enemies, causing more of them to run at her(and you).

You could respec to have a more powerfull valk. With Iron Maiden gone from CS, there's nearly nothing that can stop a zon with a tankyre.
Other options are knockback (howltusk great helm or cleglaws gloves), monster flee, cold slow, preferably combined with open wounds(boneflesh armor).
And there's always the sniping option. Don't use a valk, but lure the Venom Lords to you one at a time. You won't be able to do this with a valk, because a valk will walk towards the enemies, causing more of them to run at her(and you).

wow, I TOTALLY forgot about the respeccing :crazyeyes: That just might work :thumbup:

I'm gonna hunt for a poison damage calc then when I get home from work. Wanna maximize my skill points.

Well, I finally had time to hop on and respec my HC Amazon. She's level 41, so I respec'd and after +skills have a level 13 Valk, and still over 5k poison damage. I will say life is a LOT easier now that I have a Valk that can tank more, and yes she can kill those Venom Lords now too!

Thanks for reminding me about that respec Warlock, after playing this game for so many years without it, I completely forgot that it was in this update!

At level 13, I think a Valk gets a weapon upgrade to lance, so that was a good choice. :)
With every level she'll get 25 more str. A valk with 500 str(level 20) can really whoop some monsters.

Unlike to Light zon pierce is not really of any use especially with no attack rating. id say dont bother with penetrate pierce.

Hmm.. I wonder why not? Also, no attack rating? This confuses me, PJ does come with a large bonus to AR if I'm not mistaken?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High