Guardian DoubleTrouble and the Journey to Ubers

Kstil3227

Jun 22, 2019
DoubleTrouble is a barbarian who made the journey to Guardian by using Double Throw. Damage was never a real issue with him, but the mana cost/mana issues were a pain the entire way. There was a point in NM where it was bareable for a short time with a Dual Leech crafted weapon but it was only a matter of time before the damage wouldn't be sufficient moving forward.

Double's first unique was found really early on, it was a nice find too. Found in the Dark Wood.
Screenshot537.png
Up next was a nice cap to have early on for any character, especially HC.
Screenshot538.png
These drops just kept on coming in Act 2 with
Screenshot539.png
Then it took awhile for anything else to come along until the Frigid Highlands when a nice circlet dropped.
Screenshot541.png
I didn't bother with screenshots of Baal, it was a very easy fight from afar, just long. Up next was nightmare. Nothing to note but a screenshot with NM Andariel.
Screenshot542.png
A Ko rune dropped in the Rocky Waste, a nice SC for early leveling dropped in the Lost City
Screenshot544.png
I finally made a weapon for the Merc in Act 3 NM
Screenshot545.png
Then came a time where there was enough materials to craft a couple Blood Weapons. Got a nice craft with one of them.
Screenshot546.png
NM Meph was up next and down he went. Dropped an upgrade for gloves. Nice fire enchant on strike. 2% chance but with double throw it doesn't take much to proc that.
Screenshot547.png
Dwarf Star dropped in the River of Flame which was nice for the Diablo fight with the 15% Fire Absorb & 40Life. Diablo went down after a 4 minute fight and nothing to note of drops there either. After diablo went down, I decided to head back to NM Meph for some gear upgrades. After about 50-60 runs I found a few upgrades and was satisfied. Found Razortail and IK Helm.
Screenshot553.png
Screenshot554.png
Act 5 had nothing good for drops until the Throne room. The first 7%MF SC was found. Baal went down without trouble. It was here where I decided to give up the NM act 2 merc for a Frenzy Barb Merc. I equipped him with a Smoke Armor, 2 Hustle Weapons, and Bulwark Helm.

Up next was hell. The drops started in the Pits, first time in the Pits to make this ever crazier.
Screenshot559.png
Too bad Double doesn't use shields. This was put in the stash for something or someone else later maybe. Hell Andy dropped next
Screenshot560.png
Act 2 up next and the Stony Tombs did not disappoint either with a ViperMagi drop.
Screenshot561.png
Druiel fight was next and down Duriel went.
Screenshot057.png
Nothing to note til Hell Meph, a unique barb helm!
Screenshot058.png
But it wasn't the one that would have been the most helpful. Still it was put in the stash for later or just to keep as a Trophy. At this point I decided to run LK for some runes, charms and whatever else I could find from pop-ables. 500 Runs were complete before Double moved onto Act 4. In those 500 runs a Gheed's (122/11/36), Laying of Hands, String of Ears, Demon's Arch, MARA's, and a Sur Rune (run 301). The other runes that dropped were 2 Pul and 2 Um.
Screenshot061.png
Screenshot064.png
Screenshot066.png
I also crafted a nice blood ring with all res while running LK.
Screenshot065.png
After the 500 runs, it was time to get Double to finish Hell and become a Guardian. Hell Forge dropped an Ist Rune. Diablo went down without much fight, but he was all about those Bone Cages this time.
Screenshot069.png
Act 5 was quested at a reasonable pace with no big worries. Baal went down nice and easy. Another unique Barb Helm!
Screenshot070.png
Again, another nice helm but not the one that Double would like to have. Halaberd's Reign is still a decent find though. Guardian DoubleTrouble Screenshot071.png

Then it was time to go back to LK for more runes, crafting materials and whatever else that decided to drop. 500 more runs down, for a total of 1,000 runs. Another Gheeds dropped, this time it was (140/10/39) a decent upgrade to the first one. Another 7MF SC, and Ist Rune on run 552, Gimmershred! According to Maxroll drop calcs on LK pop-ables (Plain Chests) that's a 1 in 107,555 chance! Insane drop and a huge damage upgrade! A 2/14/4 mf SC dropped, Sur #2 dropped on run 854. Total of runes in Double's stash are 3 Pul, 1 Um, 2 Mal, 2 Ist. Still looking for a Lo to make Fortitude for the Merc.
Screenshot088.png
Screenshot091.png
After this Sur rune drop, I decided to make a Chains of Honor for Double to help with resist, added +2 skills, PDR, +massive damage increase.
Screenshot096.png
Screenshot097.png

After this Double will be running Terror Zones for levels and drops. Next items to be on the lookout for will be Lacerator, Warshrike, Gores, Arreat's and a Lo rune to name a few.

Double Trouble's gear and skills as of now at Level 87 are as follows:

Helm: IK helm w/2 Perfect Topazes
Amulet: Mara's (25 All res)
Armor: Chains of Honor (used Hustle in a Full Plate Mail for questing/Guardian)
Weapons: Gimmershred + Demon's Arch Swap: +2 Warcry/+3 Warcry BO Sticks
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Belt: Up'd Goldwrap or Razortail
Boots: Sander's
Ring 1: Crafted Dual Leech (60AR, 5 ML, 3 LL, 4 STR, 12 life, 2 Light Radius)
Ring 2: Raven Frost (171AR/15 Dex)

Damage reads: 826-3419 (gimmer) 1364-2703 (demon)
Attack Rating: 9773
Defense:2006
Life:2584 with BO
Resists: Maxed Fire, Light, Cold and 74 poison

Charms: Gheeds, assorted 7MF, Resist, life and AR/Damage charms

Skills: Warcry tree--1 Howl, 1 Shout, 1 Find Potion, 4 Find Item, 18 BO, 1 Battle Command
Combat Masteries--20 Throw Mastery, 1 Stamina, 1 Speed, 1 Iron Skin, 5 Natural Res
Combat Skills--1 Bash, 1 Leap, 1 Leap Attack, 20 Double Swing, 20 Double Throw, 1 Frenzy

Merc is an Act 5 Frenzy Barb with an ETH Dimensional Blade (Hustle), Lawbringer (Phase Blade), Smoke (Dusk Shroud), Bulwark Helm (plain barb helm)

Plans for Double Trouble is to find the rest of the gear I feel is needed to take on the Ubers as a HC throw barb. Take down the Ubers and acquire a barb torch! Also plan on farming NM Andy for an SOJ and getting an Anni! Possible long-term goal would be to take this character to 99 as a possible 3rd entry for Untwinked 99er. He would join Hurricane-Syd (Druid) and still leveling Amazon Sydney (Currently at 96.2)

Attachments

• Screenshot069.png
    Screenshot069.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot547.png
    Screenshot547.png
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 1
ITS OVER! ITS OVER! 3rd Untwinked HC character to complete the Ubers for me. (First was Hurricane-Syd (Druid), 2nd was Sydney (Amazon))

DoubleTrouble (Double Throw Barb) has completed his journey in conquering Uber Diablo for his ANNI, and also taking down Uber Trist for his Barb Torch....but how many runs?? Before doing that he had to farm TZs and Hell Meph for 3 levels, RNG was definitely insane and on his side.

Act 2 Stony Tombs TZScreenshot001.png

Act 1 Jail Level 2 TZScreenshot003.png

Both of these next 2 dropped 37 minutes apart from the same group of boss packs. The Far Oasis WP is just on the other side of these ruins. This area always spawn with 3 unique mobs and Beeteburst was near by as well. So when Far Oasis is a Terror Zone I just re-ran these packs as fast as I could with DoubleTrouble on P1. Dinged level 89 here.
Far Oasis TZScreenshot007.png
Act 2 Far Oasis TZScreenshot008.png

Nothing good came from 88-89 in TZs so I decided to switch to Hell Meph for level 89 or until certain items dropped.

Screenshot024.png

Screenshot025.png

Then Arreat Plateau became a TZ the next night, I knew DoubleTrouble had a great map to farm Thresh Socket really fast on P1. 38 minutes later and the final piece was dropped.
Screenshot027.pngScreenshot028.png

Time to farm keysets til level 90, however many key sets came from 89.2 til then is what he would start with. I set the players setting to 3 and just went. Sufficient drop rate for all 3 key + speed of the runs. I ran all 3 spots in each game, rinse and repeat. Finished with 7 full keysets, with 1 extra Terror and 2 extra Destruction keys. Once level 90 dinged, it was off to NM Andy for however long (732 runs) on P7 with 250ish MF.

Screenshot015.pngScreenshot016.pngScreenshot017.pngScreenshot018.pngScreenshot019.pngScreenshot020.png

Mini Ubers up next. Experience not bad apparently, gained 20% of a level running 21 mini uber areas.

Screenshot033.pngScreenshot034.pngScreenshot035.pngScreenshot036.pngScreenshot037.pngScreenshot038.png

After 1 evening and finishing up in the morning with the Mini Ubers, came the time to attempt Uber Trist. I felt really confident going in after watching MrLlama do it with very budget gear. He was also on SC which is totally different than HC, but seeing how he did the 3 fights, gave me a great game plan to attack.

Screenshot029.pngScreenshot030.pngScreenshot032.pngScreenshot039.pngScreenshot040.pngScreenshot041.pngScreenshot042.png

Screenshot044.png

The other 5 torches not pictured were:
16/11 Zon
11/16 Pally
15/20 Assassin
10/16 Sorc
15/14 Zon

Game Plan for Ubers--

Proc Fade from the fire in River of Flame WP and BO. Head into Tristram and run around the top side to pull Mephisto out. Spawn all his summons at the top wall. They would kill the merc but stay crowded on him enough even with Lawbringer pulsing the undead. Then I would leap attack down the wall to the wooden poles and run over to the red portal. Creep up til Mephisto came down. Sometimes a few summons would aggro down but that was fine. Then it was just a throw fest til Mephisto dropped. Once Amplify Damage proc'd and the open wounds proc'd it didn't take long. Once Mephisto was done, I went and got the Merc back. Killed off all of Mephisto's skellies and head to the bottom to pull out Baal. Baal tele'd over/thru the house and then I would pull Baal to the top right where Mephisto was. Let Baal spawn his minions in the top and corral them in the little wall section with the merc. Then stand next them and have Baal tele out. Head back to town and swap the Amulet and boots. Come back and just start chucking again. Amp proc's, open wounds and the poison proc's kept his life regeneration in check and down he went. The chilling armor really sucks but with the right potion distribution Baal went down. Kill off all his spawns and all that's left is Diablo. Came in through the top again and he came running up. Merc goes in a takes most of the minions while DoubleTrouble just threw at Diablo and killed any minion spawns that got in the throw path. Diablo went down the fastest of out the 3 and that's all it took....7 times. It really would have sucked if a Barb Torch didn't drop inside of 7 runs because then that meant back to farming keys and killing mini ubers all over again...but RnG was on his side with the 7th and final run!

Gear Used for Ubers:

Damage--227-2197 (Lacerator) 792-1662 (Warshrike)
Attack Rating--11,349
Defense--6292 with Shout
Life: 2903 (BO+Mara's)//2812 (BO+Atma's)
Resists--Maxed with 320% Light Res. with Fade+Chains of Honor (over capped for sure)

Helm--G Face
Armor--Chains of Honor (Treachery for Fade Proc)
Amulet--Mara's
Weapon--Lacerator + Warshrike
Weapon Swap--+2 and +3 War Cry sticks
Gloves--Laying of Hands
Belt--Dungo's (13% DR)
Boots--FRW/Dual Res (30 FRW/35 Light/34 PsN) Rare Boots
Ring #1--Crafted Ring (60AR/5 ML/3LL/4 STR/12 Life/2 Light Radius)
Ring #2--Raven Frost (171AR/15 DEX)

Charms--Anni (11/15/6), Physical Sunder (12%), Max Damage, AR, Life, Resists, and PsN damage Grand charms, Large Charms and Small Charms
I did leave the cube and TP tome in the inv. (Could have made room for a few more charms...oh well)

Skills:
Warcry Tree--1 Howl, 1 Shout, 20 Battle Orders, 1 Battle Command, 1 Find Potion, 5 Find Item
Combat Masteries--20 Throw Mastery, 1 Stamina, 1 Speed, 1 Iron Skin, 5 Natural Res.
Combat Skills--1 Bash, 1 Leap, 1 Leap Attack, 20 Double Swing, 20 Double Throw, 1 Frenzy

Merc--Act 5 Frenzy
Weapon #1--Cresect Moon (Mythical Sword)
Weapon #2--Lawbring (Phase Blade)
Helm--Bulwark
Armor--Gladiator's Bane

LAST THING: This is a very fun and strong build for bosses/elites. Damage is great with Amplify Damage proc'd. Players 8 Terror Zones are pretty easy to run, all be it slow running around without Enigma but I don't feel like Enigma is needed with this character.

Final Step? LEVEL 99? I think so...It would be pretty awesome to have a level 99 Double Throw Barb on that Untwinked 99 table. Currently level 91...

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High