Guardian ColdAsIce - Riftassin

DaveW

Nov 27, 2006
Picked up a character I had started back in D2 Legacy and had taken to Act 5 Hell. I decided to bring her forward to D2R to finish her Guardian apprenticeship. Introducing ColdAsIce, the Rift wielding assassin.

She had some pretty powerful gear: Nightwings Veil, Headhunters Glory, both socketed with cold facets. Highlords Wrath (although the DS doesn't count with kicks it does have plus skills, lightning resist and IAS) Ravens and Dwarf Star for rings, Dracs Gloves for the hand, Goblin Toes upped once to Battle Boots and ThunderGods for the waist. On switch was a Hel'd Demon Limb and Lidless Wall for buffing Enchant. The majority of Hell she wore a Prudence Armour but I changed it out in Act 5 Hell for a Treachery. Resists were not good enough imho so I would stand in a fire to Proc Fade or otherwise run my own meagre Fade until the armours higher level Fade procced.

Skills maxed were LS and DS on the traps, Dragon Talon for the MA side, Shadow Master for the confusion and the normal one point wonders: BoS, CoS, Fade, Mind Blast. The main weapon was this:

Rift
War Scepter
HelKoLemGul
One Hand Damage: 10 - 17
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 44
Fingerprint: 0x22cf9e71
Item Level: 85
Version: Resurrected
20% Chance to cast level 16 Tornado on striking
16% Chance to cast level 21 Frozen Orb on attack
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 160 - 250 Magic Damage
Adds 60 - 180 Fire Damage
All Stats +10
+10 to Dexterity
38% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Level 15 Iron Maiden (40/40 Charges)
Requirements --20%

But on the Baal fight I used Crushflange for the added 33% CB. Yep you heard right, Crushflange. And I found it in the Bloody Foothills.

Mercenary was Might wearing Duriel's Shell, Crown of Thieves and wielding an eth Thresher Obedience.

Hell Ancients were rolled twice until they didn't have nasty mods. Frenzytaurs in Baal's Throne Room were a handful, as was Listers mob. But she just put her head down and soldiered on.

Now down to the nitty gritty. The gear didn't really boost things in my opinion. Tals mask would have been a better option with the Life and Mana steal. As it was, she had zero mana leech and relied on pots to keep pumping sentries and kicks. Don't ask why I didn't put an Insight on the merc, I really don't remeber. Her resists were not great and thats one thing I pride my Guardians on: their overall preparedness for Hell. The Dracs was not the best item in slot. Life Tap would over ride CoS and so monsters were blinded only momentarily and then would focus on me. LoH may have been better perhaps? Thank Goodness for the Shadow Master and her MB casting. As for the merc I should have gone with HF, a much safer option.

However I believe with some slight adjustments to gear and skills she could be a good TZ MF runner. 3 piece Tals, Rhyme (CBF, MF and resists) Max Venom instead of Lightning Sentry, use Dragon Flight to bring the team together. I'll work on it over Xmas. As for my next Character I have a Spearazon in Hell Act 3 D2 Legacy that I may bring forward as well. Heck I've got alot of unfinished chars in D2 Legacy. I'll have to think about that. Anyone know if the D/A/E bug has been fixed in D2R? Anyways guys Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Guardian_ColdAsIce.jpg

Nice one @DaveW Riftasins are lots of fun so I hope you enjoy the TZ running with yours.

On the Zon, I’ve seen notes that d/a/e bug was fixed in a recent patch, so hope that works out!

Thx Phineas. As for the bug I really want the Valkrye on that Spearazon as a meat shield and trusty sidekick but was hesitant to place points in D/A/E to get her. I may put points in and run NM Chaos and WSK to see if it affects gameplay.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High