Discussion Grintildas Journey! Finally a Guardian. :D

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
Wow, you know after 20x years of playing Diablo 2 and having found every item at some point or another and playing all kinds of characters, the Guardian title eluded me, I think I may have done it once or twice before but died shortly after.

Screenshot006.png

I honestly don't even know where to start.... I got home on Thursday (Can't believe it's only been a few days of playing even) and decided to start another HC journey, I love playing as you can see, all these heroes in the list are from D2R, I basically re-started. But now that I have my Enigma, Infinity and basically every item I "could" want (not grail) complete, I wanted a new challenge.

So I loaded up my first Assassin in some time. The last time I made one, I couldn't get past Act 2 Hell, I think I just didn't understand the mechanics of her, because this time I tell ya it was a BREEZE.

I guess it really started in Nightmare... Obviously We did Act 1-5 + Act 1-3 with Fire Traps because it doesn't make sense to do anything else, however I wanted to make sure I was prepared and had all the right stats to progress at the proper speed and not worry about dying, I've come to terms that I usually play WAY too aggressive and that's why I die in HC.

So once I got to Nightmare, I had already farmed a 2OS Shield from our portal seller in Act 2 Norm and I know how important CBF is so I had decided I was at least going to farm a Sheal + Eth (I didn't have either), during my runs which took me from I believe 60-65, I also found a 4OS war scythe a 4OS broadsword, so I decided while I was going for the Shael + Eth, if I found the runes for Insight + Spirit I'd do that, well I found all the runes for everything before I found an ETH run.... I almost had given up and BOOM we got our beautiful Eth hah.

Onward we went! Fully kitted out, Lore, Spirit, Stealth, Rhyme, found some nice F/L/C tripple res boots while farming, a couple junk 10-15% magic fire res rings, a life amulet and away we went.

The rest of NM was fairly uneventful, I think we finished NM around level 71, and decided to keep pushing through to Hell, see where we were sitting.

Once in hell, checking the resists, I wasn't happy... I had found a 2OS Serpentskin armor near the end of NM so I held on to it, I ended up farming Hell Countess for probably 3~ hours, just found junk runes until finally a Lum dropped, and I made smoke.

Now with that and fade I wasn't max res but I was close enough to be happy.

Onward we went, it was slow and steady, I was using CoS like a madman, then I remembered the last time I had troubles someone had said you need to use MB more, I honestly have never used it.... On my online days I never really made a trapsin until I had Infinity so never needed it. Well I started using MB and the whole game just became a joke, doesn't even make sense how broken MB is lol, needless to say the rest of the game was kind of breezy.

The game did give me a bit of a scare at the end, finished ancients with ZERO potions left basically... This is one of few screenshots I took, the excitement was building LOL, usually I create a whole story and just die, this time it's come to LIFE!

Screenshot005.png

Once I had rescued Anya in Hell, I had also decided to try and farm two +3-6 MA claws to buff my SM, I found none of those but I did find a +3 & +2 Trap claw so went that route for swap instead, I'm glad I did, I didn't realize how much of a damage buff +4 trap skills would be, kind of wild. I think farming +5-6 trap claws now that I'm done would be the way to go but I don't like to spend time farming NPCs so I doubt I'll do that.

The game also threw me a joke, I've yet to find one of these on SC....

Screenshot004.png

And now we will do what we need to in order to get to level 99! I'm not sure what's the best way to go at the moment.... I need a lot of gear upgrades, should I farm LK or Terror Zones or Hell Meph, completely unsure at this moment. I think if the goal is 99 + gear, Terror Zones probably make the most sense?

This is also a no-mule, no shared stash character, trying the 1 inventory game. See how we go.

Oh, also found the grove shovel in act 2 NM, only used it a couple of times but it was a nice find.

Boots are Aldurs, the Mageplate is 3OS, need to find a lem and going to socket the Ornate, see if I can get some rolls for the mercs first treach.

the polearm is a 5OS GPA, lucky socket roll, trying to make Obedience, see if I can use that instead of insight and still manage mana but kill faster, holding on to magfists for the one day enigma maybe?

Screenshot007.png

Reactions: little birdy
Nice work on the Guardian!

Did you spend any time in Normal or NM Terror Zones before advancing difficulties? They can be a great way to level up a bit and maybe find a few items before making the jump to a new difficulty.

Nice work on the Guardian!

Did you spend any time in Normal or NM Terror Zones before advancing difficulties? They can be a great way to level up a bit and maybe find a few items before making the jump to a new difficulty.

I thought about it but ultimately did Norm for 1 level I think and got bored, would rather make it to end game LOL!

So inventory was a mess, but I have a 4OS Flail, a 3OS Armor, I need a Fal for Obedience, I need a Lem for my Treach, I need Vex + Pul for Hoto, I need Runes to socket armors, basically I'm in a position where I think the best option is to run LK, I told myself no LK on this character but I find myself in a position where the best upgrades I do in fact need runes at the moment so decided to roll for Maps, to my surprise I found my mercenarys required rune while looking O.O

Screenshot008.png

Wasn't the map I decided to keep but is what it is.

Now we found this map and have been running it for about 4-5 hours, no finds worth noting ;

Screenshot009.png

One of the racks has Cryptic Axes periodically, had two in my inveotry (you can see one on ground) got an amazing first roll 4OS, so I have a 4OS CA and a 5OS GPA, I'm good on merc weapons until I find an Eth version.

Screenshot011.png

Decided to do some house cleaning, got rid of a pile of stuff, basically looking for ;

Fal to finish obedience still
Lem to finish Treach
Ral for a new insight
Tal Thul for Spirit Monarch (Don't have the monarch yet) Got rid of everything else.

The GC in stash is Gheeds, just don't need it while farming LK

I'd like to finish Obedience and Treach before grinding Pits/Terror zones. I have all the runes for my Elite Eth Armor when I find it.

Grind is going good so far.

Screenshot012.png

Congratulations, that title is one I've never seen myself yet and one day I want to give it a decent go! The fact you have to play so differently is worth celebrating

Congratulations, that title is one I've never seen myself yet and one day I want to give it a decent go! The fact you have to play so differently is worth celebrating

Thanks! What do you mean I play different?

Side note ; I made a massive mistake that I realized while I was at the gym.... I threw away all my KO's and Lum's when I could have waited to see if I found a Fal first... Ugh. Oh well, we keep farming anyways!

So I've come to terms that terror zones with lightning immune monsters are a no-go until I have infinity, so now it's the question of do I farm the runes for it or just play normally.... I need a lot of upgrades if I have to be honest....

Shako, Maras, Gold Wrap, Travs, Nagels, Hoto, Spirit Monarch (or SS) would all be upgrades to what I have now.

I can't farm meph either really unless I re-roll my map and get something close, I just don't like dolls but then I lose my LK.

Been playing yesterday and today quite a bit, almost level 86 ~ Haven't found any true upgrades, however I decided I will offload class specific items for future fun if I want to play twinked, skillers are hard enough to come by, found a BnP GC!

Finally found the Ral I needed to make another insight, rolled absolutely beautiful +17 Medi O.O

Finfs of note ; (Nothing Special)

20 Life SC
2 OS 13% ED Dusk (Maybe make a new Smoke for now?)
16 Life / 2 Mana SC
4 OS Dusk Shroud (467 Def), Been pondering if maybe it's worth it to just make Fortitude in this as E-Bug doesn't exist anymore, I'll play a bit longer yet and see, I think Fort would help kill stuff a lot faster.

Found a Crack of Heavens GC, however without Infinity, it doesn't really change my damage enough to excite me and having to make up the light res, I'm just going to take if off I think.

10% Light Res SC

4OS Giant Thresher but dropped it as I'm good on Elite Polearms until Eth (Crazy how many of these I've found, usually I find none forever...)

Found a Magic Sacred armor in Terrorized Durance Level 2! O.O

Also found Mav's Belt, going to use it when I do LK runs.

Screenshot001.pngScreenshot002.png

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Stayed up a bit to run TZ Andy for a bit, found this nice claw and IST! Nothing really valuable however....

Side note, what should I make a crescent moon in, I have an Um rune, I think that would beat my claw setups.... I know BP is the best but I don't think I need it in a BP, we aren't going Elite, just much better kill time, then I could wear the -Lit Immune GC which would increase my overall kill time!

Found a Widowmaker too off Andy but no use obviously! LOL

Screenshot002.pngScreenshot003.png

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Been playing a bit more, I went to go do cows and found this in my cube, no idea where I picked it up, I assume LK but a damn beautiful find!

Screenshot001.png

I also found Angelic Wing, holding on to it, not sure if I'll need it once I'm switching to Mosaiks but it could be useful to have the set maybe.

Found my first Unique ring farming Counted for an Eld rune to make Hustle!

Screenshot003.png

Screenshot004.png

Definitely wearing this badboy, huge upgrade from my dual res ring that I don't need because of Fade!

Finally found a Fal run from countess instead of LK, able to finish Obedience now, can't believe it took so long.

Screenshot005.png

Found a Duriels to replce my random Rare merc armor that I have, still looking for an Eth Elite 4OS Armor, finally found my Eld and made Hustle!

Screenshot008.png

Directly after this I found a 3OS Long sword, making Crescent moon now, still need a 4OS Monarch for Spirit but damn, this was an amazing upgrade! Can't believe how much easier everything seems, between the mercenary Obedience and my -Lightning Crack Charm + Crescent Moon, I'm farming on P3 fairly breezy now and doing Terror zones, was really struggling here before.

Screenshot010.png

I found this wild Barb tiara, if I was trying to SSF a barb this would be a great find for the early stages!

Screenshot011.png

Also found a Gris armor and Set Spired Helm while farming / Pindle/Halls during a terror zone!

Found this Beauty during the same time..... Can never find these when I need, I offloaded it just incase I want to play somethign twinked one day or take a chance at a roll.

Screenshot015.png

Next two good finds were a wolfhowl and this beauty, don't think I'll find something better so holding on to it, not sure what for!

Screenshot017.png

I'm away at work (home for the night) so haven't really played in some time but I'm here now! Ha, saw a post about River of Flame Super chests, looked up the stats and decided that it would be more fun to kill some mobs + get 2 chests than it would to be just aimlessly running around in LK, going to start streaming this when I get home next week but going to be farming RoF for Jah + Ber, I think it makes the most sense.

Rolled the map below, other than that I found ;

+1 Def Aura GC
Vampgaze (from council member while farming meph, gave to merc)
Lem from cows
11% Res Poison SC
5 OS Flail
4 OS GH, but waiting for Eth...
7/7 Mf SC
Gambled a +3 Trap Amulet

Screenshot001.pngScreenshot003.pngScreenshot013.pngScreenshot011.pngScreenshot010.pngScreenshot009.pngScreenshot007.pngScreenshot006.pngScreenshot004.png

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High