Gore Rider Progress Thread

snickersnack

Dec 23, 2007
Almost a year ago, I started a character with the plan to use an ethereal Ravenlore I'd found with the intended challenge being that I'd finish the pat without breaking the unique helm.

Well.

I made a Beast runeword recently and one of my planned characters was a fuzzy dodger. The levelling process was pretty interesting (more on that in an upcoming mat thread), but at some point I accidentally muled on an ethereal pair of Gore Rider boots in late NM. When I noticed it, I decided that a new challenge was on!

ethGR1.jpg

That first lost point of durability occurred somewhere in the Tamoe Highlands or the Outer Cloister in Hell difficulty. The new challenge is whether I can finish the mat with those eth boots intact!

Please feel free to speculate on how soon they'll break. :)

That’s a lot of durability. I think she can make it, especially with all the dodging!

Reactions: snickersnack
I agree with PhineasB. She will make it. Now if the character was an Assassin using Dragon Talon or Dragon Tail, I say that they would be gone by the end of Act 3.

Reactions: snickersnack
I'm currently at 65% block as well as about 6k defense, so we'll see. Maybe I should be doing full-clears as well...

Act 2 is down with a few new dings:
ethGR3.jpg
I started doing full-clears but I didn't do that for the AS. I didn't have the patience for that.

I'm maintaining 67% block, so maybe the flayers won't hit me too much.

Reactions: PhineasB
Act 3 is down.
ethGR4.jpg
I was so sure that Act 3 would do better. :( I did full clears as much as possible, including The Great Marsh and The Sewers, but I did forget to do the side areas in the Causeway.

BTW, I switched from Upped Moser's to a Sanctuary Troll Nest, which made it a bit easier to keep 67% block by letting me put more points in vit. Blocks are 1 frame slower (3->4), but hits are 3 frames faster (11->8). Then again, due to high life and damage mitigation, how often will FHR matter? In any case, the MDR and slightly higher defense are mainly why I wanted to switch.

Act 4 is down with no new dents. :(
ethGR5.jpg
As you can probably tell from the screenshot, I'm using Andariel's Visage, and I don't recall seeing PN go off even once. I have seen some mobs get poisoned, but that could be Venom.

Weeeeeeeeelp. That's it, I guess?
ethGR6.jpg

Hmmm. There was a day or so where I thought "oh, I could turn this into seeing if I could get to 99 before it breaks," but that seems like a lot and something that I'd never complete. Oh well. Also, I did start noticing PN procs right after my last post.

Act 5 was at /p8 the whole time, which was mostly fine, but there were some problem areas.

Mat thread to follow, "soon."

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High