Question GoMule Shared stash corrupted?

Ryan Andrews

Mar 10, 2024
en using GoMule for the last month and love it, but I did something stupid today while barely awake and need some help. I had d2r loading and stupidly copy/pasted my saved games folder to another backup location that I use and it corrupted my game! I was able to restore everything after an hour or so, but now I cannot use my shared stash with GoMule. I can load it and look at it, but if I change anything via GoMule i can no longer get into a game (I get to the character select screen). I can move items from my GoMule stashes to my characters and items from my characters to the GoMule stashes. I can also use the shared stash in the game, but any time I interact with the shared stash via GoMule it corrupts. Any help would be appreciated

Definitely NOT my area of expertise, but several ideas and hopefully one should solve your problem. As someone who lost a character due to a game crash I'm fairly certain that the second will work.

1. delete and reinstall GoMule. I don't think this will solve the problem, but at least you will know that the problem is not with GoMule.

2. Go into the D2R saved game file and rename the Shared stash folder and then go into the GoMule backup folder and copy a Shared stash folder from before your mistake and paste in into the saved game folder. You also need to change the name back to the original. Note: all backup folders do not necessarily have the shared stash folder, so you may have to go back in time a while. The game should now recognize the back up as the current Shared Stash and you should be back to normal. If you have lost any items you can still open the original in GoMule and move those to another stash.

Reactions: RobertCrumley
Thanks for the suggestions! I was actually able to find a solution after a few hours of trial and error. Ultimately the solution was simple... Clear all items and gold from shared stash in the game then save and exit with empty stash. GoMule no longer corrupted the file after doing that - I could even move the items from the characters back to shared stash without issues

Definitely NOT my area of expertise, but several ideas and hopefully one should solve your problem. As someone who lost a character due to a game crash I'm fairly certain that the second will work.

1. delete and reinstall GoMule. I don't think this will solve the problem, but at least you will know that the problem is not with GoMule.

2. Go into the D2R saved game file and rename the Shared stash folder and then go into the GoMule backup folder and copy a Shared stash folder from before your mistake and paste in into the saved game folder. You also need to change the name back to the original. Note: all backup folders do not necessarily have the shared stash folder, so you may have to go back in time a while. The game should now recognize the back up as the current Shared Stash and you should be back to normal. If you have lost any items you can still open the original in GoMule and move those to another stash.
Thanks for answering, I will try it and I hope it works for me too. If it is not, then I will ask by starting my own thread.

I have had a few times when GoMule won't open the shared stash but I can open it in game.

If this happens:
  1. Backup all your save files into a zip just in case
  2. Move all the items on to a character (the non-shared stash tab) in game. You can make mules for this if you have to.
  3. Exit the game completely
  4. Delete the EMPTY shared stash file
  5. Re-launch the game. It will automatically create a new shared stash file.
  6. You can now put the items back in an re-open it in GoMule.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High