Fridaily the 13th

Jan 29, 2009
Fridaily the 13th

I hope you're not superstitious.

Also, where have all the dailies gone? No Tuesday, so I made a Tuesday/Wednesday, no Thursday, no Friday at 1200GMT. Should we switch to a weekly or something? Meh.

RL: It's Friday! That normally doesn't mean much to me, other than 'Woo. Now I get to sit around and do nothing for two days. I wish I could go to work.' But I have a couple of projects that I'm (not) looking forward to working on and maybe busting some part of out. So gogo. But not until tomorrow morning. And that's for a supposed Saturdaily, so...

Usual, except for today being Friday the 13th, which means I'll expect heaping spoonfulls of crazy on the drive in (and home) today, but that's also fairly usual for a Friday. After usual, there will be more usual, as usual. The only unusual thing? I did it...

D2: I cranked up a Golden Trapper (actually on Wednesday evening), but never got around to starting her, and last night I started GoldWing, who can't decide whether he wants to be Zealot variant or an Avenger. Seeing as I've never played an avenger, that's probably where I'll go, but who knows. Does Might (from a merc) boost Vengeance damage?

RB: I found a group that is working to solve my current RB crazy, so I'll put a note in, and go on to the next bit, whatever that bit is. But I've been getting down with some hot RBing lately: 2 A4 pages every day this week (well, 1 page front and back), in my tiny handwriting (actually, I guess they're more like A5, but still: that's a lot for scribbling in the moments between computer action or while getting my XFiles on). Anyway. Gogo!

Have a safe and happy Friday, everyone! :wave:

Re: Fridaily the 13th

RL: Trash day today so I tooked out the garbage after the morning walk with the ole canine. No further RL scheduled until later this afternoon @ work. I've been getting moved around a lot recently, which hasn't been too bad I suppose, except on Wednesday I got hit on the head and kinda felt :dizzy: for a tick. Pretty much recovered now, but my arms are still kinda sore since I'm basically a wuss. :grin:

D2: I'm tempted to enter bassano's cow run rune hunt, even though 1) I don't know if I can get in the full 20 hours, and 2) I don't have a lite sorc and my LF Zon isn't Mat yet so she can't cow run. If I do enter it would have to be with a 1.11 (iirc) formerly untwinked Fishymancer, but after I twink him up he should be able to handle (low /players settings) the runs just fine.

Hey....Howz every one....I haven't been posting since many days partly due to my busy school schedule. I also tried other games fable, DA, Oblivion and finally came back to D2 again.

RL : Just came back from classes. I'll prolly study for sometime and may be some D2 iff I get time.

D2 : As I lost all my characters, I had to start from scratch. Playing with an orb sorc. Currently in act 2, with real bad resists. I'll try to get her to meph today so that I can farm some items for her.

I've only just had my internet connected! Stupid install guy! That's why there's been no dailies!

RL: New house is great. Samantha and I are really happy. Although there may be some money trouble as it's still a long while before her first paycheck, and we agreed I wouldn't start looking for a job until the house is sorted. Finally get to kick back and talk to the online comrades again.

D2: Got my Fishymancer to the Chaos Sanctuary, scared about Norm Diablo though. My planned-MF Sorc is still parked in A2 as I can't deal with her addiction to the blue stuff.

OVG: I'll see if any of the crew are around, if not, a couple of games got updated while I was offline - Plants vs Zombies and Nation Red finally has online co-op.

RL: Been a busy week for me... my wife's b-day. We're done with that and moving on to "clean the house" which could take weeks but has to be mostly done by the 23rd when company arrives for an overnighter.

D2: Druid has paused his exploration of his map when he discovered that AT was right next to the way point. After 10 or so runs of AT (Ist, Um and not much else) he explored the corners of the serpent temple and Lost City. Palace and AS are likely to be done today.

RL: Can't post in any of the daily threads during the week, since I'm locked inside the army barracks :p Well, it's not that hard being a conscript in the Finnish defence forces. It's not like I have to spend 2 years here, like my fellow gamers in Korea, for example. At least we get official leave on every weekend. And when that happens....

D2: I'll fire up D2. Hmm. More drunken cow runs, perhaps. Having a major dry spell in the farm. But that's expected after two Chams dropping.

ninja edit: the forum lurker in me forces me to post: yay, 100 posts.

Last edited:

I've freshly installed D2 again after an unscheduled RL absence of ~2 months!

Woo and yay! I'm going for a pretty much total HC restart, and GoMule looks pretty weird and tragic with no stashes in it, as does the D2 chars screen.

Hopefully the next busy period in my life will be a while off, so I can get some serious D2 in.

Glad to see some familiar names round here!

Cheers,

EM

Hey all! Like EmperorMoo, I also just reinstalled D2. Laptop had some issues back in September of last year and haven't played since. Got to do some readin' on the forums to catch myself up with what's going on (i.e. figure out if ATMA plays well with 1.13 or should I just go with GoMule)

RL: Wrapping up another week of work. Will be mowing the lawn and doing other sorts of outdoor activities tonight so that my weekend will be free of such tasks. Next week is the father-in-law's 70th birthday bash, so lots of prep work ahead.

D2: I installed base version without the expansion, as I have not found the disc (uh oh...). Hopefully that will happen tonight, else it may be a while before I play again. Current debate is to start over in 1.13, or convert all my 1.11 stuff. I'd hate to loose all them goodies.

15 mins to go, did not even realize it was Fri 13th does that make me not supersticious or what. Drambuie fuelled rambling. 11 years playing the game, found my 2nd green vortex(Honour) shield within 3 weeks. Isn't this why we keep playing this game. HUZZAH

It's already 14th the saturday here in Finland.

I'm starting up LoD as I thought I join the golden tourney with a windy.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High