Finally I beat Hell Single Player (First Time)

fearedbliss

Jun 29, 2011
youtube.com
Well I'm extremely happy today. After playing D2 for like 11-12 years, I finally beat Hell Single Player (Give me credit though, I use to play BNET from 2003-2007 so it's easy to beat hell when people help you :D).

I definitely couldn't do it with a single character, but using a combination of my Summoning Necro and Blizz Sorc, I was able to beat hell ancients, minions, and baal. Once I beat the minions though, was like .. that's it.. I got this LOL.

What a journey. I can definitely feel the difficulty increase. I still haven't beaten 1.09 Hell, but my Sorc was able to get to A4 Hell 1.09 with no problems while a similarly built sorc had problems very early on in 1.10+.

At least this is finally off my bucket list. Btw, that song playing in the background was the song I decided to play to beat baal.. so the minutes played in that song is basically how long it took me to kill baal.

View attachment 4997

Congratz!

By the way, how do you keep both D2 Windows on top instead of only one?

I think you might have invented a new single player category (double SP??? lol).

I think most players who switch to SP initially have trouble building characters who are hell viable because they've never had to before. Keep playing, and you'll start to figure out that what you need isn't necessarily what is the most powerful for that character. For me, that's what keeps the game interesting.

If you really just want to beat the game, play as a necro summoner. Javazons are also pretty user friendly. You can do it, take the plunge!

Good job! Keep it up and you'll soon figure out how to beat it with one char as well. I hope for your next through hell to be a guardian ;). Join the hc players, we have more fun!
"Restarting is easy and losing is fun!" -Dwarf Fortress community saying

Congratz!

By the way, how do you keep both D2 Windows on top instead of only one?

I am curious about this as well.

I just run Diablo with the '-w' tag and can keep them both on top, nothing special.

schaap, Jcakes, it's one of the new things in 1.13 where they added some addition window features like the window not minimizing when putting the cursor outside of the window, or the music not restarting as well. The window will minimize in previous versions unfortunately :(.

srrw, -w works all the way from 1.00, but the -not losing focus- was introduced in 1.13 :)

Code:
1.13c
[FONT=Arial]
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]window loses and then regains focus. 
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]windowed mode when it lost focus. 
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]- Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn't center properly when it [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]was created. [/FONT]

khuzgan, I played HC for many years in D2 and I also played HC from hour 1 when D3 was released, got my Wizard to level 60 in HC and stopped. HC is a wonderful experience but I learned that I didn't need the extra challenge, and I don't like to be thinking of death all the time and trying to make a defensive character. I just want to be rich and powerful and don't really care if I have to die many times for it :). It's just a personal preference, but I would never trade the time I spent playing HC, it was well worth it and made me a better player.

japanzaman, khuzgan, haha "Double SP". I'll definitely beat the game with 1 char only one day but for now I'm very happy beating the game at all LOL. I know I can definitely beat the game in 1.09 since Hell was way easier (I've never done it before but it's on my list). 1.10 changed a lot of things that I like and don't like. I know for a fact that if I could beat 1.13 in Hell, that I can beat 1.09 :). I'm actually also playing 1.09b atm.

Last edited:
Congratulations, fearedbliss. I did this recently as well with my Wind Druid. I can't beat Hell Ancients with my blizz sorc right now because one of them has cold immunity.

I just run Diablo with the '-w' tag and can keep them both on top, nothing special.

I guess I've been spending too much time in 1.00 and 1.07 ;)

I do not understand how you have time to control two characters at once. Seems to me like it would be significantly harder and more complicated than playing just one character.
??

Congrats! You beat the game with two characters - one after the other. The first time I beat it, I had a sense of accomplishment. I took a break and then started working on another project. Good luck with 1.09!

Wait, wut? It's still possible for people to finish the game for the first time? At least now you know how it's done. Now do it another 4K times. :wink:

And congrats on finishing the game.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High