Fickle Fridaily

John Remedy

Jul 17, 2007
Fickle Fridaily

@RAK: I would have written this in story prose, but I just need to rant today.

RL:
My JSA benefit has been suspended for two months because I didn't apply for a couple of jobs they told me about (I didn't know jobs they tell me about must be applied for). I was going to do it, but apparently I didn't do it within an unspoken two week deadline. My advisor made me fill out a form and now they've done me out of £240. Pardon me for having the same job for nearly ten years and not knowing how the benefits system worked. Too bad for me that ignorance is no defence, especially when free money is involved. I saw my advisor again today, and she told me to phone a number, who then said that I needed to talk to the advisor team back at my local Job Centre branch. ******* circles. Going to do that in a bit. Haven't told the GF. I bet she flips, she always does when my laziness gets me into trouble. I'm also now having to apply for a Hardship thingy, where I may get up to 40% of my benefits for that period. Made an enquiry about getting a formal standardised IT qualification for free (subsidised), as I'm unemployed, but because I'm so intelligent (grade C or above in English and Maths at GCSE) I may have to pay £200 for the first two levels. Still, I know more about that than I did this morning. Going to see if I'm eligible for other benefits while I'm here. Also registering for some job search sites I didn't know about, and making the GF a mini-present for Valentine's Day. Diet seems to be going well, my three-day-headache has gone, which I'm attributing to the detox. No caffeine in seven days, but I'm still able to stay up until 4AM somehow. I just wish my scales would arrive so I could measure the benefits. I hope everyone has a good day.

D2: Merged my restart stash with my leftover stashes. I also stripped all my chars and deleted them. My psychology behind it was that my attention span is so spasmodically finicky these days that I wanted to make the game as fun as possible equipment-wise, but still force myself to re-earn the progress. Now my highest rune is a Gul, I have an Insight, and several other awesomes that will make Nightmare much easier. I respecced my Paladin from a HF Zealot to a 2H FanaZealot using my (only) 212ED Ribcracker.

OVG: Working on my Minecraft server. My friend has finished his pyramid-within-a-pyramid and now wants to build a pyramid-within-a-pyramid-within-a-pyramid. I completed work on the tunnel system linking our houses, but now have no diamonds, and very little iron and arrows. Haven't played GTA4 in weeks, so much for aiming to complete that...

Re: Fickle Fridaily

@FE: Ow man that sucks! I think it's a lousy defense on their side to not tell you and still expect you to know how things work. If that happened to me i'd be very :xxx::censored:
As far as the GF goes if i were you i'd stress that this time it had nothing to do with you being lazy, but them not informing you. That should at least take the edge of her (possible) anger towards you.

RL: Work flew by today. Lots to do and little time to do it in. Also had to quickly put together an overview of what is done and what has yet to be done for my manager and my collegue since i won't be there next week.

My back is killing me lately. Can't even normally sit in a chair without it hurting. Playing some sports yesterday certainly didn't improve it either.

On the upside: my 1 week holiday started :jig:. Still quite the list of chores to do, but i should have some more time to relax than normal.

D2: Yep, i think i'll stick to the present for today instead of going 1.07 again.

OVG: Maybe continue my CivIII game, but that depends on how D2 goes.

@FE: Goddamn bureaucracy!

RL: I went to the gym on Tuesday, I was sore on Wednesday, and I was in agony yesterday. Most of the muscle pains seem to have subsided today. This is apparently what happens when you work out for the first time in years. I do not mean that I have not exercised in years, but I generally prefer engaging in sports to attending the gym. Hopefully the next visit will have less painful consequences.

I applied for a few summer student positions yesterday. I am a little worried that I came across as too pretentious in my cover letters, although that tends to be an issue with all my written works. Still, I am confident that I will be able to procure a few interviews.

D2: Applications deadlines have prevented me from playing as much as I would prefer. I anticipate a lot of Trav runs in my very near future. I am currently halfway to a Lo, so I hope to be able to respec my WW Barb by this evening.

RL: Ghonna go down to the city and watch some cinema with a date :)

D2: Farming Mephisto in Hell. Some nice results, will come in, in some day. Will also try to focus on my 1.09b-character, but it's abit hard to sit with the other computer. I like my sofa better than my computer-chair.

OVG: I decided to play some Diablo on my PSX with swedish as a language. Always a smile to go to Griswold the smith and Cain in the village.

@FastE: I'm hoping that things get much better before they get any worse. I don't envy the tough times you're going through. Stay strong, bruv.

@Cyrax: Like I said, I don't know much about cars. But if I'm reading your description correctly, I had a similar issue with my first ancient vehicle. I'd guess you have a problem that has to do with the movement and transference of fuel. A blocked/clogged fuel line is possible, as would be a dying fuel pump. I brought my car to three places over the course of five years, and none of them could find an issue... until my car simply wouldn't start any more. Try doing a little Internet research and see if the issues you're having sound like fuel problems. It's hard to tell mechanics what to do or to suggest you know better than them, but if you can give them a clear picture of what's going wrong and an idea as to what it might take to fix it... well, you might get lucky and have them listen. Best of luck on Monday.

RL: Work was kind of a joke today, but more in the "let's mess around" instead of the usual "I'm a supervisor AND an idiot" kind of way. Heating up some food to eat, gonna find a background distraction, and then --

D2: -- MFO my pants off. Literally. I'm glad I live alone, otherwise it could have gotten awkward.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High