Family Tournament Begins

Re: Family Tournament Begins

Good thing you bumped this, OneFromBeyond. I am also slowly making progress, but as I am currently doing a million other projects in D2 it`s not going to be fast progress.

Since my last update two of my chars have made it throught to the RoF WP and the Assassin is still waiting in Travincal. I might push all of them through to Diablo or deeds during the next week.

Edit: Oh, a Wolron sighting. I like that:)

Last edited:

Nice to see that a couple of the families are still making progress. I signed in with the thought that I should declare an end to the tournament, but that is not appropriate. Who knows, I might even take my family a bit further.:thumbsup:

Another bump...I play this character about once every several weeks, even if this tournament ends, I will continue to play and update. I have just beaten Mephisto with my Druid which has:

- evenly distributed attributes
- no skills above 18
- only uses crafts/sockets/rune words
- uses a melee merc

My skills are rabies and lots of summons to kill things.

Well, I guess I was wrong. I have not tried my family again in 9 months, so I probably will not continue. Nonetheless, I will check in occasionally to see if anyone actually finishes this. Good luck!

Last spring I threatened to take this old tournament's characters a bit farther, and sure enough, I have taken them to the next trading point in the Kurast Bazaar.

Alexis (Amazon 32123) has made a couple of stealth armors so that she and her merc have decent armor. She has crafted her first item (belt), but perfect gems are still hard to come by. She is at level 31 and has finished 15 quests and hit 24 way points for a score of (39-31 x 11 = 88).

Bradley (Necromancer 21312) is struggling to find some good ethereal gear, but he takes very little damage, so what he finds does last. He is at level 26 and has finished 15 quests and hit 24 way points for a score of (39-26 x 9 = 117).

Arrielle (Sorceress 13231) has found a couple set/unique items but nothing that will be used for long (Isenhart's case, nagelring, Blood Cresent, Infernal Sign heavy belt, Civerbs shield and amulet). She is at level 26 and has finished 15 quests and hit 24 way points for a score of (39-26 x 10 = 130).

TOTAL SCORE: 335

Code:
[b][U][I]Family's Score[/I][/U][/b]
Family Name	Score	Last Trading Point Achieved
Wolron          335     Act 3 Kurast Bazaar Trading Point
Nahasapeema...  249     Act 3 Everywhere
Tanner          215     Act 3 Start
Cunningham      41      Act 2 Staff Complete
Kennedy         17      Act 2 Staff "Complete"*
Theban          0       Act 1 Rogue Camp
Broflovski      0       Act 1 Rogue Camp
Cius            0       Act 1 Rogue Camp
Hill            0       Act 1 Rogue Camp
Hoop            0       Act 1 Rogue Camp 
Addams          -30     Act 1 OC
Pumpkins        -54     Act 1 Rogue Camp
Summers         -57     Act 1 OC
Phailstone      -178    Act 1 OC

If anyone is interested in putting together a family and trying this old tournament (it was not too popular when it began, so ...:whistling:), look closely at the rules. From my experience, it is a challenge that few will have either the time or the stomach for. I have the time and don't get sick too easily, so I intend to keep my family on the move. I figure that act 5 normal will be the time when equipment becomes a bit more plentiful for all three of the family members so it may get a bit easier then.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High