Fade question

Mattamore

Jun 22, 2003
Fade question

How many %DR fade provide per lvl?
Is Spirit Ward can be a good shield for an avenger or is it better to use HoZ?

Fade provides 1% damage reduction per level. As for the second question, it's your choice, but I'd prefer the Hoz.

Note that the hidden bonus is applied even for non-hard points in Fade e.g. you have 20 Fade and +10 to skills, you'll have 30% DR! :)

HoZ anytime...

EDIT: typos etc.

Vorbiss said:
Note that the hidden bonus applies iven for non-hard points in Fade e.g. you have 20 Fade and +10 to skills, you'll have 30% DR! :)

HoZ anytime...
does that mean that fade works differently than, for example, the palladin resist auras? because for those, only hard points work... unfortunately.
/hijack

HoZ = best pally shield in almost every circumstance you can imagine. :D

whomhead said:
does that mean that fade works differently than, for example, the palladin resist auras? because for those, only hard points work... unfortunately.
/hijack

Correct. slvl 30 Fade with Vampire Gaze works quite nicely on my sin =)

whomhead said:
HoZ = best pally shield in almost every circumstance you can imagine. :D

DragonScales cant be better in the case of an avenger? (huge fire damage / %fire damage)

Mattamore said:
DragonScales cant be better in the case of an avenger? (huge fire damage / %fire damage)
theoretically it would increase your damage output. however, with maxed conviction you will almost always be fighting monsters with negative resistances and with almost no defense - so you will almost always hit and you will already be doing massive amounts of elemental damage. given this impressive offensive power, you will be better off looking for a shield that gives max blocking, resistances, defense, and plus to skills. HoZ has all of these things. in addition, i think that the plus to skills from HoZ will have a larger overall effect on your damage output (+2 to conviction, and + 4 to both vengeance and holy shield) than the boost to fire damage from Dragon Scales. it really is the ultimate pally shield. the only thing it lacks is DR, so if you are going PvP, stormshield might be the better choice. otherwise, HoZ all the way!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High