Duriel doesn't drop TP scroll for the quest anymore?

krischan

Aug 17, 2003
Duriel doesn't drop TP scroll for the quest anymore?

I had it twice so far that he doesn't drop one. Maybe it only happens if all 6 items are regular drops (which is the case for me all the time because I rush along two mules for HF+Larzuk rewards). However, extra items from quest drops (not to be confused with the first kill drop) don't count with respect to that, Andy drops a couple of gems in addition to the usual items and Baal drops an extra gold pile, even if it leads to 7 drops.

Re: Duriel doesn't drop TP scroll for the quest anymore?

I was rushing someone last week, and he dropped 6 TP scrolls.

He doesn't always drop a TP scroll anymore, but as nj says, it is now possible that he drops more than 1 (although 6 seems extreme - I can't imagine that happens all that often).

I dont know for sure, but I believe that he only *has* to drop a TP scroll when he isn't killed as part of the quest. The scroll was added so that people wouldn't get stuck down there if they forgot to bring a scroll (kinda useless, but still). Tyrael will open a permanent portal when the quest is completed, so there wouldn't be need for a scroll drop.

But is the portal open when you have done the quest in a previous game?

(Btw, you sure are on a roll in this forum tonight :D )

No, it isn't, thus teh tp scroll is OK if you don't have any on you, and Dclone just walked in your duri run game.... pretty unrealistic scenario, but hey, blizz thinks of everything....

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High