double unique drops

Yea i have had 2 Breastplates drop b4, and also many times have i gotten 2 same set items drop same time...

2 of the same set items can drop.
2 of the same unique CANNOT drop, but if they have the same item type it can drop unique of those. For example those rings, one could be manald, then the other one must be something else, eg nagel.

aah.. thanks for clearing that up. hmm..
*wonders if anybody lucky enough to get bk ring & soj drop together*

2 of the same unique CANNOT drop, but if they have the same item type it can drop unique of those. For example those rings, one could be manald, then the other one must be something else, eg nagel.

ain't true. You can get two times the same unique item drop in the same game as long as they are dropped by the same monsters.

Or do you think all those people crying about two key drops are fakers?

ain't true. You can get two times the same unique item drop in the same game as long as they are dropped by the same monsters.

Keys aren't unique, and to my understanding (i play sp, so i never really looked for them) up to 3 (4?) keys can drop at once..

that being said, it is indeed possible to get two times the same unique item in a game, when they are being dropped by one monster, because the unique hasn't dropped yet when the second is rolled, after both have rolled, they drop, and so you could get, say two nagels in one drop afaik...

Keys aren't unique, and to my understanding (i play sp, so i never really looked for them) up to 3 (4?) keys can drop at once..
Up to 5.

that being said, it is indeed possible to get two times the same unique item in a game, when they are being dropped by one monster, because the unique hasn't dropped yet when the second is rolled, after both have rolled, they drop, and so you could get, say two nagels in one drop afaik...
Nope. Once a unique has been determined to spawn, any subsequent items in the item drop will take into account that the unique has spawned. I have two screenies of Baal attempting to drop the same unique twice, and the second was always a failed unique.

Nope. Once a unique has been determined to spawn, any subsequent items in the item drop will take into account that the unique has spawned. I have two screenies of Baal attempting to drop the same unique twice, and the second was always a failed unique.

I can confirm that from first hand experience. Hell Meph dropped a Crainte Vomir and a failed unique espanodon for me.

Now, I'm thinking, if there 3 unique's of one type (like ring in classic), and 2 of them have allready dropped (nagel and soj) , but you really need a manald, so you kill every monster you come across. Now, if another unique ring is supposed to drop, will it allways be a manald, or can it be a failed unique one (can a ring be a failed unique?). This could give me a new mf strategy :D.

Also, when you kill for example andy with a sorceress, get a nagel, perm the game, and re enter with a barbarian, will that barb have a chance of finding a nagel himself?

Greetings

That won't work. The game will still roll up for all of the rings available and if it has already been dropped, a failed unique will be produced, even if you reenter the game with a different character.

The double-drop issue came up in another thread recently. An instance was discussed in which a player (1.10 or 1.11) killed 2 council members at the exact same time (presumably an AoE spell), both dropping unique rings, both Manalds, with exact same stats (both were perfect). ATMA readouts were posted, which were identical except for fingerprints.

It's the only example of double unique drop I've seen.

I've had meph attempt 3 suicide branches in the same drop, two of which failed.

However, 1n 1.09 I've had baal attempt 2 "Threads of Chton" and succeed. Yes, 2 of the same unique, in the same game, in the same drop. Only happened once. Or once that I can remember, that is.

...Now that I think about it, I don't think I bothered to ID them. So that might have been a bugged item, and I missed it! :shocked:

NASE said:

Since when are Keys unique items? :rolleyes:

The double-drop issue came up in another thread recently. An instance was discussed in which a player (1.10 or 1.11) killed 2 council members at the exact same time (presumably an AoE spell), both dropping unique rings, both Manalds, with exact same stats (both were perfect). ATMA readouts were posted, which were identical except for fingerprints.

It's the only example of double unique drop I've seen.
That's still odd, because everything the game does is sequential, even the drop functions of two or more monsters killed in the same frame.

Hmm, i'm interested about the failed uniques, what exactly are they and what are the possibilities?

Failed uniques are simply standard Rare items that have triple the normal durability for that item type (assuming that the item has durability). The possibilities for mods are as for any other Rare item.

For interest, a failed Set Item takes the form of a Magical (blue) item with double durability (if appropriate).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High