Disconnecting the xbananax bot?

Hp_Sauce

Nov 16, 2004
Disconnecting the xbananax bot?

Currently the D2 banana bot has logged: "1391 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 11 seconds" in channel.

And that is just since the last time the account was left to expire. I think back when Xey had it, it was up around 600-800 days before it was left to expire and had to start back at zero.

This thing is old! I actually still have daily chat logs from back in 2007 (the really old stuff is on an old harddrive in my closet somewhere).

Anyway, I won't be continuing to run it after D3 is released (maybe we will need to run something new? who knows). So what do you guys think? Should we have a "gathering" in channel with all the oldies, have a beer and reminisce before I shut 'er down? Or should I just randomly hi the "disconnect" and "uninstall" buttons one day without warning?

Seems we have reached the end of an era.

-hps

Re: Disconnecting the xbananax bot?

Randomly disconnect it while there is a large gathering. :evil2:

I'm gonna keep the gauss bot running for the funsies...it's not a huge drain on my electric bill and there will be a few gauss members not playing D3 and still playing D2...oh and you might get bored and go back to D2 of course! I still play D2; was doing Ubers last night!

Crap, I voted keep it running forever but that was just a knee jerk. I haven't been in channel for weeks anyway. So when is the party?

Id vote just shut it down sometime. I seriously doubt Ill be doing any more d2 after d3 launches. Thanks for running it so long though...

:thumbup:

You're eighteen now; you can do what you want.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

Seriously, thanks for keeping it going for so long. I wasn't in channel a LOT but I always really appreciated the bot.

Part of me is surprised at the lack of interest in this... but maybe I am the only one who is so nostalgic about it. And the other part of me understands that nobody really cares about this old dead horse anymore.

Anyway, it is done.

I used a good command as the last:
[11:31:30 AM] <Hp_Sauce> .poo
[11:31:30 AM] <xbananax YummMMMM~!>

And the final uptime (on the current account):
[11:31:59 AM] Time Logged: 1400 days, 6 hours, 20 minutes and 36 seconds

Thanks for the fun guys.
Seriously, sometimes stuff that happened in the banana or D2 will pop into my head at random times while I am walking down the street and I can't help but laugh out loud about it... Good memories.

Hopefully I'll see some of you in D3 one day, if my bank account says it's ok.

-hps

Re: Disconnecting the xbananax bot? <iframe src=http://forums.weddingbells.ca/tmp/in

:weep:

Actually think I was in the channel when the bot went down.

Man, think of all the commands we made for that thing. I really hope later down the road the implement something similar we can do in diablo 3.

Clean out your PM box... It is full... And then PM me your BattleTag.

-hps

I haven't decided yet if I want to buy the game.

T'is painful, though. I know that if I don't buy it, I'll be missing out on seeing bananas!

T'is painful, though. I know that if I don't buy it, I'll be missing out on seeing bananas!

If you do not join in on the fun then who will I point and laugh at?

Everybody loves that!

Right?

I have to admit, I was on the fence about it too, until about a week ago when I got excited about it! So I won't judge you... but you will be missed if you decided never to buy it.

Of course, if you buy it and spend the next 3 years in front of your computer... you might be missed by some other people in RL too?

-hps

Perhaps make him say = ADIOS MOFO for anyone else in the channel for a bit !!

LMAO

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High