Diablo 2 Accomplishments/Challenges/Achievements

Serdash

Jun 24, 2003
Diablo 2 Accomplishments/Challenges/Achievements

Hey guys. So I figured this would be the best place to ask this kind of thing since we have people like you guys here doing crazy stuff on the regular in this game.

What are some of the most challenging or hard to accomplish things in Diablo 2?

We know of getting to level 99, getting guardians, getting a guardian to level 99. There are Septs, SeptSepts, The Grail, and the occasional IronMan or Naked Character roaming around these forums.

I want to try and compile a list of these challenges and achievements for... another place. Yes, thats right, I'm taking this information elsewhere, but I feel it can be compiled into a nice little section for the forums here.

So what are the coolest challenges you guys have seen? I know something that brought me heavier into this forum was back when jiansonz did his run with Isolde in v1.09. Oh, and Mike was there, too. That necromancer guy, I guess. He was kind of cool too.

Then we have people like InsaneWayne that take it a step further. This doesn't have to be SPF in general, but Diablo 2 itself.

So help me out guys. Where is the challenge and difficulty in this game?

Re: Diablo 2 Accomplishments/Challenges/Achievements

I suppose its an obvious answer but trying different chars and builds and for me its melee builds sins,druids and babas.The GRAIL (-10 atm) good to see you back btw.Before I retired I always enjoyed your posts (grovel grovel)

Hard question is hard. More often than not, these accomplishments only test how patient one is, and that is not that big of an accomplishment in my book.

From all the stuff I did, the hardest things were coming up with enough builds that were fun to play for my septsept. Which doesn't really say anything.

Other than that, I'd say the 3:20 guardian sorc was pretty good.

One thing I never managed, but would consider a great accomplishment, is writing a guide that does not get questions asked that are covered in the guide. If anyone knows how to do that, let me know. :badteeth: ("zomg, how r my skelliemancer can haz keel diabloz plox?!ß!!?")

One thing I never managed, but would consider a great accomplishment, is writing a guide that does not get questions asked that are covered in the guide. If anyone knows how to do that, let me know. :badteeth: ("zomg, how r my skelliemancer can haz keel diabloz plox?!ß!!?")

Maybe if you ever wrote the "Nightfishes guide to magic find whos title is longer than the guide itself guide" that you promised so many years ago, you might succeed at this.

Ha. If anything, that would raise even more questions and arguments. For pete's sake, recently, people were *****ing at me for not including andariel in the "good targets to MF" section in my necromancer guide. Andariel. For a necro. I rest my case.

Also, I think in various threads I said all I have to say about MF. :)

So what are the coolest challenges you guys have seen? I know something that brought me heavier into this forum was back when jiansonz did his run with Isolde in v1.09. Oh, and Mike was there, too. That necromancer guy, I guess. He was kind of cool too.

Stupid Extra Strong Korlic hopping at Mike when he was Amped. I´ve hated him ever since...

(Yeah, I really enjoyed that run. Too bad the squid ate the thread.
Mike´s follower, Mark, died to Mephisto´s Lightning. I really thought that duo would make it, seeing as the combo of Decep, General´s Tan Do slowing and cold damage made even the nastiest melee bosses quite tame, and DV shut up the archers.)

As for the original topic, I think Insane Wayne´s run in the Money Hating Barb´s tourney is an extraordinary achievement. A Guardian rogue merc, how about that...

Ohhh I forgot a/b the chicken chasing! Did it work?

Don't cover anything useful in the guide and you should be fine.

finding it is the easy part.

hardest thing for me: trying to play whilst a child is nearby.

Achievement Unlocked! - Blood Raven Is Hungry (20 Points)

Description: Chased a chicken all the way to Blood Raven.

I think you need an extra zero or two on that point score. Plus a really cool and rare small charm.

To be one of the few players out there who has played D2 since its release untill it's replacement with D3.

If my memory serves myself correctly, my initial copy of D2 was purchased around the 23rd of july 2000, 2-3 weeks after its worldwide release, took that long for my on order copy to arrive in australia.

Still plugging along here and there nearly 11 years later. That's got to count as some sort of achievement, or evidence of insanity, one or the other.

Oh, along the way I hoped to complete the v1.13 holy grail to accompany my dual v1.09 grails, get a character to level 99 and have the most expensive character on the forums. Level 99 is coming along nicely, remains to be seen if he actually finds anything I don't have, not likely with 0% MF, and most expensive items? Well see.

Last edited:

@Asmodeous - you completed a 1.09 grail??? I wanna see that Gris set!

Time traveling opens up a lot of opportunity for crazy goals. I think you can always come up with something more challenging after you complete a goal. For instance, a 1.10+ grail is one thing, but a 1.09 grail is even more challenging due to the insane rarity of the TC90 items and the lower global drop rate, even though the total item count is much lower for the elites. But if you do have that, then a 1.07 grail is a completely different animal due to the differences in the items and the vagaries of MFing in 1.07 (and absolute impossibility of getting a WF or Stormspire).

Then you have the runeword grail, which really only became really attainable with 1.13. Again, if you want an insane challenge, you can go back and try making those oddball 1.07 runewords.

Even not considering time travel, some folks here find new grails, like the staffmod grail, and the item level grail. Point is, the challenges you can get out of the game are limited only by your imagination.

For me, I think I'll be happy once I complete a Sept in 1.13 (I already have a 1.09 Sept).

Achievement Unlocked! - Nothing Better To Do (10 points)

Description: Defeat a Physical Immune, Stone Skin monster with a melee-using character.

Charged Strike, Berserk, Vengeance and Enchant said "Hi". Also a few other's I probably forgot. But those are the ones that do it without breaking stride.

What are some of the most challenging or hard to accomplish things in Diablo 2?

Finally getting away from this frakin game. It's a mission impossible.:coffee:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High