con/berzerk barb with ik set

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
con/berzerk barb with ik set

well well the barb forum dont apply to me as a place where i can discuss and brainstorm this so i post it here.

what would you think is the best way of putting your points for a concentrate/berzerk build wearing the full ik set???
note must have maxed mace mastery

lets say we want the build to be mostly done at level 81

so how should you people put your skill points???

i want to see if people come near what im planning myself

lone_wolf said:
well well the barb forum dont apply to me as a place where i can discuss and brainstorm this so i post it here.

what would you think is the best way of putting your points for a concentrate/berzerk build wearing the full ik set???
note must have maxed mace mastery

lets say we want the build to be mostly done at level 81

so how should you people put your skill points???

i want to see if people come near what im planning myself

20 BO, 1 BC, 20 mastery, 20 concentrate, 1 zerk, 1 LA, 1 find item, 1 increase speed, 1 nature resist, and what ever the rest goes warcry, + all pre-req

DeathMaster said:
20 BO, 1 BC, 20 mastery, 20 concentrate, 1 zerk, 1 LA, 1 find item, 1 increase speed, 1 nature resist, and what ever the rest goes warcry, + all pre-req
i see a few things that are unlike what i plan.

now im curious but why put a point in increase speed??? i never done it for a barb as i see it as a waste. mayby you can solve that mystery for me.....

lone_wolf said:
i see a few things that are unlike what i plan.

now im curious but why put a point in increase speed??? i never done it for a barb as i see it as a waste. mayby you can solve that mystery for me.....

maybe I always walk (for barb and assassin build), so increase speed is a must, the faster the better. running barb with shield (not your case, but for most build), will greatly reduce the chance to block, so walk faster seems to be a good idea.

how about this:

Mace Mastery - 20
Conc - 20
BO - 20
LA, NR, BCommand - 1 each
prereqs - 5
and the rest either in shout or berserk whatever you prefer (more defense or more damage)

btw, i'd rather make a WW-Barb with the full IK-Set but let us know how this one turns out. :)

bobwilder said:
how about this:

Mace Mastery - 20
Conc - 20
BO - 20
LA, NR, BCommand - 1 each
prereqs - 5
and the rest either in shout or berserk whatever you prefer (more defense or more damage)

btw, i'd rather make a WW-Barb with the full IK-Set but let us know how this one turns out. :)
@deathmaster so its because its slow to walk aha well that never bother me anyway so that explain it.

sounds alot like my plan he he well its basicly like my plan. and just so you know i hate ww i had hoped it would be nicer in this patch but i couldnt stand it. so i remade the barb into con/berzerk

and as a matter of fact more points into shout gives both def and damage :xcool:

lone_wolf said:
and as a matter of fact more points into shout gives both def and damage :xcool:

Only 3 problems:
1) your warcry is weak, not good for berserk.
2) once you berserk, defence is 0, so shout is "gone"
3) points in berserk itself gives more damage & AR, plus, it add magic damage to concentrate too. Shout only helps on defence when you concentrate, but your defence will be pretty high with concentrate alone. Seems like there is better option than shout. ever consider Howl?

just my $0.02

@DeathMaster

1) you did notice that i didn't include warcry? ;) not enough points around.
2) well, depends if you're going to use berserk constantly or just for PIs. If it's just for PIs I'd still suggest pumping Shout. If you berserk pretty often... hmm... maybe put those points into WarCry instead?
3) ;P

this is all theoretical from my point. I didn't play a barb in 1.10 yet.

the plan is main skill concentrate and berzerk for PI and when under IM.

simple plan thats why shout is gonna get pumped and besides at high level the 0 def lasts for mayby a sec and after that im back to full defence again.

lone_wolf said:

A point in Increased Speed augments a Barbarian's base Run/Walk
speed making them fast before magic items increase run speed. To
me it is exceedingly useful for barb MFing. I believe 1 point is
a worthwhile investment.

Your build at level 81 calls for 92 skill points:

20 Mace Mastery
20 Shout
20 Concentrate
20 Battle Orders
1 Battle Command
1 Natural Resists
1 Whirlwind
1 Berserk
1 Increased Speed
Prerequisites

This gives you Howl for crowd control, high defense, plenty of life, and
Leap Attack and Whirlwind for escapes/convenience.

well as i hate ww i can stuff that into berzerk instead and the same with increase speed as i dont need it. (no mf runs with barb i have a sorc for that)

Starlight_Wizard said:
Shout could be nice as well, it would raise your defense a lot and also your BO duration :D
sw alredy thinking of that as it would benifit my merc alot too :xsmile3:

Not to mention it would be a standard conc barb build, what means no need for the IK set to achieve success. You can try a one hand weapon with shield, plus insane defense on items like self repairable ethereal uniques.It fun! :xgrin:

nope alredy tried a onehanded con barb now i want a 2 handed and then i have a use for the ik set:)

lone_wolf said:
well as i hate ww i can stuff that into berzerk instead and the same with increase speed as i dont need it. (no mf runs with barb i have a sorc for that)

Better yet, how about some Find Item to keep things a little interesting. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High