Cold Sorc+ Infinity- how much to invest into CM?

Tumbleweed

Mar 7, 2010
Cold Sorc+ Infinity- how much to invest into CM?

I am considering respec-ing my Lightning Sorc into a Blizzard sorc for MFing (it seems to me that Blizzies are more MF-friendly as they're less FCR-demanding and you can sacrifice more gear). My merc is carrying an Infinity polearm which lowers enemy resists, and I'm fairly sure there's a cap on how much enemy resists can be lowered, although I'm not sure about the specifics. Which makes me wonder: how high should I pump Cold Mastery for it to be effective but not wasteful?

Re: Cold Sorc+ Infinity- how much to invest into CM?

Using infinity on blizz sorc is waste. Minium possible cod resist is -100 and it can be obtained easily with cold mastery (I'd suggest to hit -150), and infy barely breaks any cold immunes as most of em have over 117 cold res (Infinity can break enemy res only if enemy has less than 117 resistances afaik).

1 point in CM. Even with a modest +10 skills, you are reducing all monster resist by 155, which make most thing at -100 resist already.

Anyways, as said above, it is a waste.

Survivability > Killing Speed > MF%.

Never sacrifice speed for MF, it's highly counterproductive.

If you're looking for specific stuff (eg, you NEED that self-found perf CoA or Griff's), use a MF packed Fishy.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High