Choosing Between Patch 1.09a, b, c, d?

HanShotFirst

Jan 24, 2008
I’m preparing to advance some stuff from 1.07 to 1.09 (and then to 1.10s) but I’ve been having some trouble finding complete patch notes on 1.09b, 1.09c, and 1.09d so I’m not sure which 1.09 would be best to install . . .

At first I thought that all 1.09 patches were the same except for changes to battle.net but then I came across some things that seemed to suggest that 1.09d was not preferred (perhaps no players 64?) and that 1.09b was the patch to use . . . though I never came across a reason for 1.09b being better than 1.09a . . . but it did seem that if people were mentioning a patch other than ‘1.09’ it was 1.09b . . .

So which version does the SPF use?

Thanks!

I'd go with 1.09b. I recall 1.09d had some things that were broken, including the players command... but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Robbyd plays d.

Not that that is the reason to play that patch. I think b would be more fun looking at the patch notes (they're on the wiki). Players 64 is fun. I'm starting a SC Java zon myself actually. Level 9 inn the dark woods.

I always played 1.09b, starting a character untwinked on players64 was a buzz. I've got a Blender parked in Act 1 Normal that I stopped to play the MFO, must get back to her soon.

I must be looking for 1.09b patch notes in all the wrong places . . .

The only 1.09b patch notes I can find are these and these (and neither differentiates between 1.09a and 1.09b for non-bnet users). The same problem stands for 1.09c and 1.09d . . .

Could someone point, . . er, um, . . hold me by the hand and lead me to the right place. I seem to be lost . . .

EDIT: Well, if everyone says 'B' I guess I don't really need to know why. I guess 1.09b it shall be.

Either b or d has the chance to cast stuff broken in some way iirc. I'm sure RobbyD will pop in and throw a ravenclaw at you, or something?
b does have the p-settings that are awesome. I started a zon in this I never got around to playing again because of other distractions, and did p20 for the Den of Evil, I think. Zombies take forever to kill, and you'll break many weapons, too. At least I did.

Yeah, I 64rd a quill rat: 152 XP. Turned it down to 32, but too late for the next zombie which took forever. 7 monsters two levels. I didn't really level much past what in normally at in the den, but could really tell a difference. 20d the den also. over leveling ftw.

Via the Sticky:

1.09b has players 64, and working CtC. [...]
1.09d has players 8 and broken CtC graphic, You will see the graphics, but they are nothing more then fancy fireworks, because they don't do anything.

What jdkerr said. I play 1.09d because I didn't know the differences until I was too invested to restart on 1.09b. One thing to note, the XP returns over P8 are reportedly very diminished, so the hassle to XP ratio ramps on those super high settings. One other thing, the broken CtC is a good thing if you plan in using a Sorc with an Occy, as she won't auto-port.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High