Chicken hack is currently possible in D3 beta

MoUsE_WiZ

Nov 19, 2003
Chicken hack is currently possible in D3 beta

Just thought you'd all like to know.
The article on the front page mentions 'instant exit'. The thread where the hack is posted confirms that said feature doesn't leave you dangling in game.

As much as chicken was game breaking in D2, it'll completely destroy the spirit of HC in D3 due to the lack of spike damage and the fact that legit players *can't* exit quickly.

Re: Chicken hack is currently possible in D3 beta

There's a few more things than just chicken hack available... MH and bot software is only a click away.

I'm hoping that Blizzard doesn't take their D2 stance of "Hacks? Nobody can hack our game!" this time around. I mean, the whole reason for online only is to keep stuff like this to a minimum, right? Right?!

Patiently watching...

There's a few more things than just chicken hack available... MH and bot software is only a click away.

I'm hoping that Blizzard doesn't take their D2 stance of "Hacks? Nobody can hack our game!" this time around. I mean, the whole reason for online only is to keep stuff like this to a minimum, right? Right?!

Bots and MH aren't surprising and are pretty much unstoppable. Plus I saw the MH prototype several months ago. The fact that the timer for game exit is client side, though, is completely unnecessary, surprising, and game breaking.

As for online only stopping hacks; there's probably a few dupes & rollbacks that will go undiscovered because of it, but anyone drinking that cool-aid deserves the shock.

Thats pretty sad but maybe Blizzard is letting them think they can exploit the beta servers to reaveal their coding and then block it once the real game releases ?? MAYBE ??? :scratchchin:

Well in many games hackers are always one step ahead of the game developers, anywhere, anytime. Here's to hoping that Blizzard is able to change my perception. I believe Blizzard has learned a lot about how to improve from D2. After all, they took a long, long time to do the finishing touches on D3. :thumbup:

I've actually heard last month that there's already a known bot method. Really makes me sad.

But seeing you in good health makes me happy Félipe!

But seeing you in good health makes me happy Félipe!
Seeing you still cant spell my name correctly makes me want to murd- *ahem* congratulate you (are you stalking me now?) anyway, better not to spam so much this is not gauss. (Ill miss klep spamming).

With that aside I hope Blizz puts some effort in protecting the game, are players really supposed to already know every single drop possible for each monster in beta? that sounds so wrong.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High