Cant Keep a SORC ALIVE !!!!

TheDarkSide

Sep 23, 2021
SO Ive been playing D2R HC since it dropped and I cannot for the life of me keep a sorc alive in Hell. I think the lack of BO is the issue as I never had issues in original D2 and leveled many sorcs to low 90s. They seem so Squishy now without BO its not even fair. I lost my last one yesterday in Hell act 2, lvl 73, some Zombie exploded on the way to Radament and blew me the F away. I was having a good time - had +7 to skills and pretty much destroyed NM ... I was using dual spirits and Enlightment mage plate and a +1 sorc skills amulet.. Im debating leveling ANOTHER sorc but GD its a pain in the arse and will probably take me a week to get back to hell again ...

Yea I know the deal - the problem is - I cant get to end game.. I never remember having isuues and would regulalry lvl to 60 and rush a sorc to get to Hell Meph runs.

Seems like DOlls are a lot stronger now, I can killl stuff pretty easy, or maybe its because I havent found any decent life charms and I have way too low life.

Back to NM as of last night .....

you need to have quick spellcasting to run away from the dolls, at least 63, preferably 105.

I'm using this build not even full yet and I'm fine.

rubber banding issue still present, server lagging on map generation when teleporting across maps at 105fcr+ most noticeably in travincal, character engaging with enemies while you're in load screen, mana burn is still mana poof bug, things are very ropey for HC chars right now

Yea I respecced to a BLizzard build but I F'ed up and maxxed TK and 5 -6 in ES so Im gonna have to redo at Hell act 1 again. I think I will go Blizzard with Firewall this time and NO ES / TK .. Im trying to add as much PDR to the build as I can and currently have like 14 Pdr .. I was thinking with Tk / ES it would be good but Mana Burners are way too many and makes it not worth it so I dont even use it atm ...

And made it to lvl 74 - made a HOTO and Ripped trying to get the book in act 3 hell .. oHH well IM done with Sorcs - SO Squish without BO ...

I never had problems with sorcs in HC (back in 1.13 classic)
Always leveled as FO + Fireball/Meteor
105% FCR
A2 merc with freezing aura

So i really wonder why it's not working for you?

@TheDarkSide Just curious - what have your resistances been in Hell when you ripped these last couple of times? Life from BO is always nice, but it won't do all that much for you if your resistances are in the 20's or 30's or lower. And you said the one time some zombie exploded killing you - if that zombie was dual enchanted, and your resistances were in the area I ballparked, the damage adds up in an awful hurry.

I've played HC since forever, and my rule #1 for jumping to Hell is to have maxed (or as close to maxed as possible) fire/cold/lightning resistances. There are so many dual enchanted uniques out there that can make things hairy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CosmicgirlAC
Well I always have max or really close all resists when IM in Hell. I fixxed the problem finally - completed the Tals set when I found my 2nd tals amulet in cows and traded it for a tals armor.. Blizzard is KIng period , IM Blizz/ FW and having no issues any longer. Got the merc an Insight thresher, tals hat, and treachery armor and he kills any immunes along with a few statics.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High