Build Idea. Would appreciate some input (Redeemer Paladin)

Feb 3, 2011
I have a fun build idea. A Paladin that sacrifices the chance at an easy life. He goes out to rid, and redeem the undead of this land. Obviously PVM, and twinked. I still have yet to make my mf sorc again...ugh. Maybe next time I stop playing d2 I'll save my items somewhere rather than deleting them.

Skill layout:

20 Sacrifice
20 Holy Bolt
20 Fist of the Heavens
1 Holy Shield
1 Salvation
10 Fanatacism
10 Redemption
1 point in all pre-requisites

Gear:

Weapon: The Redeemer (duh)
Shield: Hoz (duh)
Weapon swap: 'Spirit' FoH stick (most likely just a regular Spirit, finding a +1, 2, or 3 FoH scepter will prove annoying)
Shield swap: 'Spirit' 45@res paladin shield
Helm: Top choice: CoA, Second: Gaze (old school! I miss when everyone online was wearing one)
Amulet: Seraphs Hymn, or Blood amulet
Ring: Ravenfrost
Ring: Blood Ring
Gloves: Frostburn? LoH?
Boots: Blood boots with resistances (hopefully)
Belt: Blood belt with life/fhr (hopefully)
Body: Tyrael's Might (lol) Realistically an upped Guardian Angel

Mercenary:

I like the idea of using a Barbarian from Act 5, but if I start having AR issues I'll have to swap to a Blessed Aim mercenary.

I've always wanted to use FoH in PVM, blasting away undead and smacking demons and anything else to death with Sacrifice. It seems like it could work. And by work I don't mean it in the untwinked sense where you were able to kill that run-of-the-mill super-unique monster after 30 minutes of hard work. I'm not looking for a build that'll quickly and easily run bosses or areas, just one that will be able to handle itself pretty well in all areas of hell.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
FoH with max holy bolt is great in undead areas like AT or mausoleum (or anywhere in A2) and for enemies like pindle. The holy bolts coming out of the FoH will hit the target if it is moving, so it is actually very important for high dps against single targets (undead).

fanat + melee skill should work fine for the rest

I made a FoHer for Pindle running and a fully synergiesed level 29 FoH was only doing about 2800 Lightning damage and 2000 Magic damage. Even with a maxed Conviction going it was still not as good as I'd hoped. And the 1 second casting delay is a pain

Spirit can't be made in scepters, as it is sword/shield only. 25/-25 with facets in 3FoH/3conviction (and 3HS for a truly priceless item) would be my choice, although I don't have the base and not even 5 perfect lightning facets....

Did anybody mention FoH sticks?

Code:
Rose Branded War Scepter of the Apprentice
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 49
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x474e4eb5
Adds 4-296 lightning damage
10% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Conviction (Paladin Only)
+3 to Fist of the Heavens (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead
+3 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
100% Chance to cast Level 41 Nova When You Level Up
+20% to Lightning Skill Damage
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Socketed (4: 4 used)

All blue jewels :D

ATMA shows it correctly I think, too lazy to open it ingame.
GoMule messes up on that part, it even changes the skill when "adding" the facets.

Best would be adding the skill level ^^

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High