Board Crashed!!

edit: it's going to be a bit because of pesky formatting issues. regardless, it's very unfortunate that the forums were lost, but it was a relatively minor catastrophe, when the whole scope of catastrophes is available. i mean, we could have had a giant dinosaur come out of the middle of the earth and begin dancing in the gulf of mexico. but then again, that would be less of a catastrophe and more along the lines of an oddity...

Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Heh .. 3rd Great Forum Crash (TM)

And maybe someone could come along and compile the Great History of the SPF? That'll be some interesting article, though

Blame it on the new guy

I think the only sensible thing to do at times like this is to blame the new guys (e.g. me). It would be so different if this were a battle.net forum, everyone would be blaming the Koreans heehee :)
But yes, a moment of silence for the lost threads...sniff.

Falcon4eva said:
And maybe someone could come along and compile the Great History of the SPF? That'll be some interesting article, though

Heh, not a bad idea but it would take some time to collate everything. I joined dii.net about 6 months after the SPF was founded several years ago so I've been around to see it all. ;)

--T

im glad i have a short memory :xmad: otherwise i would be struck in the memories of this place.

and all that has changed.

tires to remember the time when there had been no flame war at all and all seemed fine with that*sigh*

atleast i have alot of fun memories :xsmile3: like darkness attack on the wf mansion in search of the wf baton

lone_wolf said:
im glad i have a short memory :xmad: otherwise i would be struck in the memories of this place.

and all that has changed.

tires to remember the time when there had been no flame war at all and all seemed fine with that*sigh*

atleast i have alot of fun memories :xsmile3: like darkness attack on the wf mansion in search of the wf baton

Heh heh .. I still remember that one. I seem to remember Confessor24 being on Waimea's side and Mad Godji leading the charge by Darkness and co :D

--T

Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Heh, not a bad idea but it would take some time to collate everything. I joined dii.net about 6 months after the SPF was founded several years ago so I've been around to see it all. ;)

--T

I was member of the SPF back to the 1.07 time (around the patch first release I think), there were some great things, I'm looking forward for your book of SPF. I missed some time between 1.09 and 1.10 (after 1.09 was played to "death", and 1.10 was long over due), so I'd like to know what happened at that time.

Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Heh heh .. I still remember that one. I seem to remember Confessor24 being on Waimea's side and Mad Godji leading the charge by Darkness and co :D

--T
yeah i have a faint memory of that too and it fits too as waims is their guardian :xsmile3: we should plot a new attack :xmad:

Just when things had settled down a bit too :D

I'm at work right now - just "discovered" what happened here - and can't do too much detail-wise for a while. Borlag, Shade crg and others are working to post up contents from the FAQs. I'll restart a few stickies pretty quick here.

Thanks all for your patience.

AE

ith happens. Hope those guides and FAQ's aren't lost. That would be bad :( Luckily Borlag seems to have lots of guides stored and writers of the guides might also have them.

Nothing too catastropfic tough. Lots of new threads already posted and the community is still the same.

History of SPF would be awsome if someone had time to write on.

The guides that I've reposted so far seem to be the only ones I have. My work computer keeps everything saved up to 2Gb before deleting any of the internet cache files, my home computer was set to delete everything upon closing the program...

Basically this means that the guides that I reposted are the only ones I could restore, now it's time for the rest of you to help us rebuild this place, or atleast recover the guides to somewhere safe.

The guides I reposted:
m0nk's CL/FO sorceress guide - in the sorceress forum
lone_wolf's sniperzon guide - in the SPF
strijdje's windmaster guide - in the SPF
AbbaZabba's Vindicator/Templar guide - in the paladin forum
Wurmer's Tesladin guide addon - in the paladin forum
The Pit Guide - in the community forum
Borlag's SPF Trading FAQ - in the SPF
Shade's 1.10 FAQ - in the SPF
Repusz's 1.07 Guide - in the SPF

If any of you have any of the lost guides in your internet cache files, repost them for us all.

If I can do anything at all to help get this place back up and running, I'll do it. I doubt I have any guides in my cache files, but just tell me something I can do and I'll do it.

I just thought of something, too...with the crash, we've lost Grand Tour, Pt. 7!

*twitch* Darken_Rahl's story.... gone.... all that work.... didn't back it up.... *twitch twitch spasm*

Well, serves me right, I guess. Can't say a lot of people didn't prompt me to put it in a compiled downloadable version, so... oh well.

Maybe I'll still continue his adventures, but I'm NOT rewriting what's already been done, especially since a lot of it was Spur-of-the-Moment (tm) stuff.

~K_P

Kung Poo said:
*twitch* Darken_Rahl's story.... gone.... all that work.... didn't back it up.... *twitch twitch spasm*

Really bad news. I have always enjoyed his adventures :(

Ah, and BTW, I have a version of Nightfishs Fishymancer 2 guide, converted into a .doc file. If anyone needs it, pm or email me. [email protected].

Kung Poo said:

Well, serves me right, I guess. Can't say a lot of people didn't prompt me to put it in a compiled downloadable version, so... oh well.

Maybe I'll still continue his adventures, but I'm NOT rewriting what's already been done, especially since a lot of it was Spur-of-the-Moment (tm) stuff.

~K_P
we will carry whats lost within ourselfs just dont stop write the story K_P that would be more harsh.

Before long... history will repeat itself. Fresh start for all. Now even the Noobs can also get up to speed.

Glad to see it wasn't worse.

Kung Poo said:

Aw, man! Let this be a lesson: always make back ups! Computers make it as easy to do as it is easy to lose things. Darken_Rahl's depraved feats will live on in our memories, and THIS IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO FINISH! Hie thy hieney to the computer and pound that next puppy out, we're waiting! :)

Stony

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High