Blova Sorceress Guide (v1.0) by Liquid Circus

Re: Blova Sorceress Guide (v1.0) by Liquid Circus

Slows target on arachnids does nothing for a sorc unless you are attacking (I.E hitting things) with your weapon

OK, that's what I figured, slows target only helps melee fighting.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but this was the information I was looking for. Thanks much. I had read that LM had been changed in 1.12 and Nova power had been diminished. I was worried that it might be to dangerous a build to use these days without very high +skills and damage. I still lack a Griffon Eye, but using full Tal's and about to switch to a Infinity Merc weapon, I'm hoping it should be sufficient.

IIRC the light skills were nerfed in one of the 1.13 beta patches but was changed back before or with the final patch. So nothing to worry about there.

With Infinity you don't really have to worry about Nova damage too much, even more so since it makes static field absolutely devastating. Just be sure to get a 35% FCR Spirit so you can reach 105 FCR with full Tal's :)

I recently made a Blova sorc. I used a Shako on the head, as a griffon's has eluded me. It was a fun build, but on players8, the Nova was very underwhelming. My damage for Nova was around 1783. I wish I would have found this guide when I done my Blova, as it is excellent, especially the images of damage and the YouTube videos.

I do have a +3 Nova Ormus that I thought about using, but I used an upped SoVM with a 15 resist all jewel. I have considered doing a Nova/Fireball build using the Ormus I mentioned and an Eschuta's, both with pretty good additional damage in both trees. With so many fire immunes, I just don't know how fun a players8 game would be trying to widdle them down with a weakass Nova. If I could find a Griffons and socket it with a lightning facet I might try that build. After playing a Barb for the first time, I am not going to make another character that can't handle everything at P8.

Don't forget that +% damage gets added to lightning (and fire) mastery, rendering the extra % on Exchuta's and Ormus meaningless for Nova (and only slightly better for fire skills). Do you have full Tals? That would be the way to go until you have Griffons AND Fathom. Save the Ormus for a low-budget fishy zon:) Eschuta's can be tossed aside.

Bumping because it's awesome and I like :)

I'll throw together a blova sometime (for AT) and eventually post about it. No SoJs or Fathom here, going to have to try full tal's

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High