Discussion Big equipped items art inventory concept (Mockup and personal feedback)

kr22

Mar 22, 2023
Greetings, I've made a quick mockup of the inventory that I would like.

In my opinion item art and showing equipped items as big as possible its a thing that Diablo IV devs should care more about. There is no reason for having that side box with stats occupying so much space. Just put a button that swaps between the equipped items layout and character view + stats/details. It doesn't make much sense to make your main attraction (items) so small and uninteresting. I understand the urge to promote the cosmetic side of the game, but you could just put a button that swaps between equipped items and character appearance.

I would like items to be memorable. Not only through powers and numbers, but visually impactful as well. I wish they get rid of all the trivial things in the inventory and make equipped items as big as possible, allowing us to enjoy all the amazing designs of the talented Blizzard artists.

ZVfXwNi.gif

Ideally, I would like to be able to recognize a unique item without having to refer to its item description box or rely on the item being colored as unique.

Full sized images
Blizzard inventory:
f9KzgHM.png

Concept inventory:
XUA7olQ.png

What are your thoughts? ;)

Last edited:
I do tend to agree somewhat on the item designs. The details are fantastic and need to be shown off.

However, there are so many different interfaces all over the place, adding more and more options could just confuse things even further. The toggle idea is not bad though and could be workable.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High