Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BBS_Agonistes This is not just good, this is beyond excellent!
TY! For what it's worth, this is Gul+ runes from 2500 LK runs. I planned on doing another pass at 5k runs, so halfway there. I'm particularly pleased with the Lo and Ohm, as those are very useful but a bit more scarce in LK in my experience. I'm going to update my old LK thread with full results once I'm done just to compare 2 sets of 5k runs.

I managed to set up a Berzer barbarian, and i'm finally trying pit runs
It's my first time doing those kind of runs, so I must have a lot of room for speed improvements, but i already got a few nice items

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-09-19 à 17.35.28.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-09-19 à 17.35.28.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • Capture d’écran 2022-09-20 à 18.19.25.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-09-20 à 18.19.25.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • Capture d’écran 2022-09-20 à 18.19.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-09-20 à 18.19.35.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
I was wondering whether they were within a short period of time.
How much time have you spent for those 2,5k runs?!
I had more time to run as of late so those were just my runs for the week, about 19 hrs total. The second 2.5k will probably go slower, but it's the only thing I'm doing in D2 at the moment so I don't get distracted.

Reactions: Zyr and Excalibur
I got my D2R Enigma recently and I decided to start farming keys in D2R. So my keyfarmer was born in 1.07 and he was rushed & leveled to ~75 in 1.07.

Here he is leveling more in D2R with my Auradin gear:
05_Ohm_Rune.jpg
(BO has expired)

And in action a day later as a Hammerdin (lvl 90):
06_Ohm_Rune.jpg
(BO has expired, again)

And some earlier finds.
01_Vex_Rune.jpg
02_Sur_Rune.jpg
03_Sur_Rune.jpg
04_Vex_Rune.jpg

m4ke

With my last post here, I was hinting at my project to finally get Enigma and Infinity after all those years of playing the game. Truth be told I always marveled at the dedication the fine people of the SPF showcased, the thousands of LK runs needed, and to be honest the sometimes-insane luck one has to have in this game.

Earlier in August my wife blessed me with our first child, and the government here allowed me to go on paid leave for two whole months. Anyone having cared for an infant knows that one has to be up in strange times of day and night, on mostly no to very little sleep but there is a lot of scattered free time here and there. I am writing this right now with my sleeping child on the carrier I am wearing on my chest 😃
As this was the first time in my adult life I had “free” time of such a stretch and had to stay home for the most part, I decided to give the goal of Infinity and Enigma a go.
Huge kudos go to maxicek for the inspiration.

As showcased here, I already had a Ber rune from my Trav Barb (at the time Frenzy but respecced to WW) and some spares which would cube up to a Sur.

The best course of action was of course Lower Kurast chesting, so I started doing that in D2R but held out for only for 123 runs what with the absurd loading times on my 8-year-old computer. In that time however I managed to score my first HR, an Ohm

Switch to 1.14 in LoD and we go on!

I got 2 Vex, an Ohm and a Sur in the space of the first 200 runs :D

I though I was on fire! But alas the streak did not continue.

I got bored, got joint pain on my wrist and had to do something else over the next days.

So I thought I’d try some casual Trav runs again. No timing, no counting, just to relax. I did not of course expect anything, just to let go and relax.

You know where this is going…
Jah!.png

A f*****ing Jah rune! I never thought I’d see the day.

So, the first thing was rolling an Enigma: I went with a regular schmuck Light plate. I like the graphics in D2R on every char but the barb. Oh well.

On we go with LK then! according to my calculations I was short the equivalent of 7 Vex runes.

That seemed doable, I was hoping for a Sur rune as this seems to be the most common of the high rune patterns on players 8.

Well, the next 600 runs brought nothing. Which was to be expected. Still I was starting to get bored and distracted again. Plus, I had that sweet sweet Enigma waiting for me.

So what did I do ? More Trav runs! …Aaaaaaand ?

Nothing :p

So on we go… Maybe some CS runs on my Cheese-Hammerdin ? Sure why not, baby is asleep, lets give it a go.

About 20 runs in, this beauty drops.
Ber!.png
Out of nowhere.. I do not know what monster dropped it.

So I was done.

I could not believe it…

And with some leftover runes too!

I pondered for about 5 minutes if Infinity was to be rolled In something non-eth and then I pulled the trigger on the eth-Thresher that was Insight and got Hel’d for Infinity. The base is at least 10 years old. Here is a video (as a bonus, my leftover runes upwards of um and the skillers I got)

All in all it took 1023 LK runs and two VERY lucky drops. I am really happy and pondering what to use these godly items on first.

Or I will just go play the Random tournament :p

Thanks to everyone for the inspiration. I could not have done it without the SPF :D

@Oblivious Congrats on the baby. Enjoy them while they are young. All too soon they start talking back and then think they know more than you do. Our third grandson was born just a few weeks ago and my wife is up helping our daughter while I stay home and play school bus driver for our 6 and 8 year old grandsons.

I have also caught the LK chest bug. Between you and @BBS Agonistes it is no wonder that I haven't found any juicy runes yet. 500 runs and a total of 186 runes with the highest being 2 Gul. I'm also picking up charms, jewels and gems so my times are not exactly great, but it helps me with the boredom. I am also checking the two racks and keeping track. One has a high rate of sabres and out of that 500 runs I've found 3 Angelic Sickles! The other drops Mighty Scepters and so far I've got one Heaven's Light and a nice +3 Vengence with two sockets.

On the negative side I just found one of the most worthless charms. A grand charm of Vita with +40 to life. The probems is with a required level of 69.

It seems that I need to complain more often. 22 minutes and 4 runs after my previous post I find this

1663800945213.png

With my other three Sur runes I now have enough to make two Ber runes. I've got an nice 1.07 Eth Thresher just waiting, but I think I will just collect more runes till I can make several runewords at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High