Between a rock and a hard place?

same with attract - level 1 attract lasts for 12 seconds that should be more then enough to get your army engaged even with trangs gloves on thats level three
Attract Duration: 19.2 seconds at level three

Level one Attract deffinetly does not last for 12 seconds in Hell difficulty. At least it certianly doesn't in the Diablo I play. My Attract is at level 9 and it only lasts for 10.2 seconds.

Edit: I agree with what he said about Decrip though. No point in having more then 1 hard point in that either.

-hps

hmmm, i never use attract i just got that info from the skill calc from the german site. I don't use attract but regardless how long to you need the enemy engaged before your mob hits? even 10 seconds is a long time and you should be able to get to +8 to curses easy

Well I defiantly dont want mages. They are just a hassle and I dont like them. I figured I would throw spare points into clay golem , mastery , a couple in summon resist , some curses , and c/e. My gear is going to be all MF so I cant rely on to many plus skills there. Decrep I was going to throw a few more hard points into becuase although boss's are easy and go down they go down slow and casting decrep 4,000 times a boss battle will give me some serious wrist damage :rolleyes: Besides like I said there are so many spare points a couple into decrep wont break me. I like how the build is going and I take back saying revives suck. I put 5 hard points into them and with my gear I get a slvl 9 revive. I dont use them all the time but in places like tal rasha's tomb they are great. When there are a bunch of enemies or some really tuff ones it always helps to fight them with there own kind. Also earlier some one said that I should upgrade the lenymo and I tried to find the recipe. Could some one clarify it? Also are there any cheap runewords I should keep my eyes open for? I defiantly need some new armor and a new helmet. I am so tired of wearing a mask its horrible to look at. Also sparking chain mail is the armor lol. Found it in act3 normal and it just hasnt been needed to be replaced yet. One last question before I hit post button, With clay golem will life increase faster by adding a few points into the golem or faster by a few points into mastery ?

Thanks - Dbl

Here's the page with the Cube stuff.

Tal+Shael+PDia

I'll also take the all-around aproach with the spare skill points. My Fishy is waiting in A1 Hell at the moment for some equipment from other chars. I don't want to MF with him, so I'll have a lot of +skills. His sole purpose of existence is so that I can say that I have built one now that I play on a comp that can handle it. :grin:

Thanks for confirming the recipe for me. I thought that was it but knowing me I would screw it up. Now to find a shael.. I just made it to act3 Nm with mine and so far he is alot of fun. Very easy ( slow ) pace. Before I played him just casting amp and watching things die. Now I see what makes it fun. To have 10 skeletons and a bunch of revives while amping and c/e'ing away. Loads of fun and alot of splating. I took a screen shot of some c/e's in the arcane sanctuary that was pretty funny. Alot of blood. Im not sure how to post it though. If any one can help me out with that ill drop a link.

With my necro I only put one point into CE. 1 in all the right hand side curses. 20 in RS and SM 1 in the rest of the summoning skill except fire golem.
Then I maxed bone spirt, bone spear, and putting the rest into teeth.
This is while I was twikned. I personally think 1 is good enough for me when I have plus skills and its at 11.

From observing the posts. I would say if your tanks are good enough, max CE. If not, put some into summon resist, and golem mastery. maybe one or two into clay golem. I agree with HP-sauce, about 10 revives is perfect. And like Sintniklos, I like a bigger amp myself :)

All depends what you think I suppose.

Don't forget there is nothing to stop you having a summoning gear (wand and head) for summoning and a MF gear on switch. MY Summoner summons using a plus skill head and wand and then switches to a Gull Dagger and Rhyme shield whilst he is standing around cursing and CEing. if something dies a quick switch and re-summon before back to MF gear.

IMHO, add point in summon resists is insignificant. 1 point will do well. My skelies can survive from 2 packs of gloams frying them.

As for revive, maybe now you have not much + skill item, that why you might think to invest more point into summon, but if you play fishy long enough, you should be able to get lots of +skill, and you might regret for putting extra points in it.

Maybe you think you gonna wear full MF gear, thus less +skill. Why dont you start to plan your final MF gear, from there you can have an idea how much MF, +skill you can get.... Thus better to allocate your skill point.

For hosting pictures, imageshack is quite popular, but I'm very happy with photobucket as well...

For RWs... All my characters get a Stealth armor (breast plate) as soon as they can, in A2 or A3 Normal, which they wear until they need resists or find another excellent armor. If you're looking to improve your resists, Smoke is the way to go. Wealth might seem nice for MFing, but I don't think it's worth the runes. Speaking of MFing, a 4 ptopaz armor is the easiest and most effective way to pump your MF up.

As ugly as it looks, unfortunately, it's hard to beat a Harley in the helm slot. If you can sacrifice some stats, Tarnhelm can do the job with a much better look (and a lot easier to find). Stealskull, although having 45% MF, is a more melee oriented helm so I don't suggest it. The very best pieces of headgear are rare circlets though, which you can obtain by gambling, imbuing and pskull rerolling (do this to only tiaras/diadems to keep the alvl high). In the RWs department, your options are very few, and Lore is the only useful one among them. Rhyme, which I had suggested earlier, is a great (and very popular) RW for shields.

For quick reference (from the Arreat Summit RW page):

Stealth
2 Socket Body Armor (Tal + Eth)
Magic Damage Reduced By 3
+6 To Dexterity
+15 To Maximum Stamina
Poison Resist +30%
Regenerate Mana 15%
25% Faster Run/Walk
25% Faster Cast Rate
25% Faster Hit Recovery

Smoke
2 Socket Body Armor (Nef + Lum)
+75% Enhanced Defense
+280 Defense Vs. Missile
All Resistances +50
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 6 Weaken (18 Charges)
+10 To Energy
-1 To Light Radius

Lore
2 Socket Helms (Ort + Sol)
+1 To All Skill Levels
+10 To Energy
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Lightning Resist +30%
Damage Reduced By 7
+2 To Light Radius

Rhyme
2 Socket Shields (Shael + Eth)
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
40% Faster Block Rate
All Resistances +25
Regenerate Mana 15%
Cannot Be Frozen
50% Extra Gold From Monsters
25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items

ps. Obviously, only easily attainable RWs (that're useful for a fishy) were suggested. It'd be pointless to even compare CoH or Enigma with these.

Smoke would be helpfull but as of now I cant even find a shael to upgrade my belt lol. Runes have been scarce. I decided not to ask any more questions on skills since most every one seems to play by preference. I think the build im going to decide to do will be fine. Now to find a 2os wyrmhide and some r00nz.
Thanks for all the help guys.
also...
My merc kills kind of slow and im not sure how to help him being untwinked. His armor is a 4 pruby ancient armor. A sigon helmet and a rare polearm. He was using a razortine with a ED j00l in it. There probably isnt much help you can offer here since it is a matter of finding the gear. I just figured I would throw it out any ways.

I found a good armor for smoke now I just need to find a lum. Im looking up how hard it is to cube one now. My necro is just now getting to great marsh so meph still is a bit further.

Well my necro is now clvl73 in act1 hell. Things are sorta (really) hard now. I find my merc getting "shafted" quite often. I still need sol for my helmet and a lum for my smoke. So I was wondering if I should run countess untill I get the lum. Then do /p1 pit runs to level up for a while. After that maybe up the player settings and do some more. What do you think is a good strategy?

Well my necro is now clvl73 in act1 hell. Things are sorta (really) hard now. I find my merc getting "shafted" quite often. I still need sol for my helmet and a lum for my smoke. So I was wondering if I should run countess untill I get the lum. Then do /p1 pit runs to level up for a while. After that maybe up the player settings and do some more. What do you think is a good strategy?

I can provide a Lum. They're useless to me, but the hellforge just keeps on spitting them out. Joy.

Just post or PM me your email address, and It'll be on it's way shortly.

I appreciate the offer but no thanks. I rather just produce one up myself some day hehe. I just finished countess. Very tedius leveling pretty hard. But it all paid off I picked up a windhammer and a nice orb. +3 fire skills +1 fire mastery , 2 mdr , 23 mana. Very cool for my meteorb im making. As for the rune drop hehe it was a nef , el. Ill end up running pits here soon for experience and maybe some more countess. Any tips for running pits with a fishmiester?

For running pits with a fishy, all you do is run there, amp and CE. It really is that simple. The only part that gets tricky is where the path narrows, but if you have a source of teleport, i.e. staff or ammy, ou should have no problems. One thing to watch out for is the archer ladies. It seems like they aim for me 9/10 of the time instead of my army of the undead that is in front.

EJB

edit: Also, try to get the entrance to the pits as close to the Outer Cloister WP as possible, It will make your intransit time much faster. And try to get a Pits map that is in a pretty much straight line, that way you have much less back tracking.
Edit 2: If you can't get a tele source, Try just back tracking from the bottle necks...On the merc killing speed issue...What is he currently using? and also until you can get him a good stick, any more than /p3 is too much. Look more at the time it takes a run than the items you get in your first few runs. It always seems for me that when I run a target, the shinies don't come out untill about the 300th or so run.
-E-

Thanks EJB for the input. I will most likely run pits untill level 80 something. Also going to start my meteorb soon maybe tomorow. The problem I have most with the necro is poor merc killing speed and also no source of teleport. I really need to get some more resists then I might stand a chance. Instead of running WSK I decided pits might suit me better. I might even just stay at the pits for a while before pat'ing ... not sure...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High