Best socket for eth rare Warfist for Bladefury Assa?

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
Code:
Blood Bite
War Fist
One Hand Damage: 302 - 364
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 98
Required Dexterity: 98
Fingerprint: 0xa86a416b
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
359% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Maximum Damage
+99 to Attack Rating
+1 to Shadow Warrior (Assassin Only)
+5 to Strength
Cold Resist +19%
Level 3 Stun (7/27 Charges) Ethereal

36%/14 max jool or Ohm?

Reactions: Miron
+1 on jewel too. Don't know why, but 395 ed looks nicer than 409🤷‍♂️

Before you go crazy with the war fist, consider a 1.07 eDeath ettin axe. I think its infinetly easier to find than the dream affixes which a war fist would have to roll to beat it.

After accidently stumbling on an ettin axe rack, i tried a blade fury sin based on the info in the blade fury analysis thread. Note that the ranking here puts eDeath in 2nd place without even accounting for the 1.07 ethereal damage bonus.

While i learned more than i could have ever hoped, ultimately i gave up on the sin because of how incredibly slow the initial casting animation is :( didnt feel very ninja-like...or safe for hell...

Last edited:
Reactions: d2lover
Before you go crazy with the war fist, consider a 1.07 eDeath ettin axe. I think its infinetly easier to find than the dream affixes which a war fist would have to roll to beat it.

After accidently stumbling on an ettin axe rack, i tried a blade fury sin based on the info in the blade fury analysis thread. Note that the ranking here puts eDeath in 2nd place without even accounting for the 1.07 ethereal damage bonus.

While i learned more than i could have ever hoped, ultimately i gave up on the sin because of how incredibly slow the initial casting animation is :( didnt feel very ninja-like...or safe for hell...
For that build, is an ettin axe preferable to a berserker axe due to break points, or is the ease of getting 5os the reason? (I guess I could just read the linked thread...)

Well, I find the additional AR from clawmastery better than the raw damage from death

also I read in a German forum that clawmastery boosts Bladefuries added damage when wielding a claw, so it's close enough

also you can overstat dex and yet have more AR and damage at the same time.

Demonlimb is no option, because I'm too lazy to switch my cta

the analysis thread is indeed nice

I will make two builds then, one with the claw and one with a 1.07 death :)

I have infinity already, but I don't think I will make Pride ever (except when I made every other runeword)

For that build, is an ettin axe preferable to a berserker axe due to break points, or is the ease of getting 5os the reason? (I guess I could just read the linked thread...)
Not sure...maybe cause ettin axe has highest avg dmg?

Well, I find the additional AR from clawmastery better than the raw damage from death

also I read in a German forum that clawmastery boosts Bladefuries added damage when wielding a claw, so it's close enough

also you can overstat dex and yet have more AR and damage at the same time.

Demonlimb is no option, because I'm too lazy to switch my cta
Claw Mastery AR bonus does not work with BF. :(

It's my understanding that Blade Fury gets Claw Mastery's damage bonuses, but does not get claw mastery's AR bonus. Nevertheless, with the 98 dex you'll need to hold that "Blood Bite" war fist, plus its extra 99AR, you should be in pretty good shape to have a decent BF hit ratio for a good portion of the game.
[edit: looks like @Miron beat my post by less than a minute!]

Not sure...maybe cause ettin axe has highest avg dmg?
I couldn't find it explicitly stated in the guide, but it seems like the base weapon speed doesn't matter (IAS explicitly so), so yeah, the higher average damage is probably it.

Edit: I think, though, that if we're talking 1.07 eth bases, the BA will have a higher average since the range is larger, but I haven't actually worked out the details to be sure.

More thread jacking (sorry!): I don't recall how rounding is handled, but here's what I have:

axes.PNG

So, unless I'm mishandling rounding, a 1.07 eth ettin axe still has better average damage, though the gap is smaller. For non-1.07, which is what the guide assumes, the gap is larger. When a Vex rune is small potatos, that small difference may be worth it.

Last edited:

ettinaxe ethereal: 49 min, 99 max (not 50% max included)

385% min= 237, 435% max = 529
average= 383

berserker axe ethereal: 36 min, 106 (not 50% max included)

385% min= 174, 435% max = 567

average= 370

Warfist 1.14d:

36%/14 max vs Ohm

14 max is 7 average, so in order that the jool beats Ohm, it must beat 14% ed with 7 average damage

66 min
79 max

14% ed= 9 min, 11 max

so Ohm wins
Yeah, if you're rune-rich, go with Ohm, but I'd use the jool and just hel it later if it's underwhelming.
Edit: that's what I meant earlier when I said I wouldn't use the jewel in a non-weapon. If that jewel isn't useful now, then when?

Warfist 1.14d:

36%/14 max vs Ohm

14 max is 7 average, so in order that the jool beats Ohm, it must beat 14% ed with 7 average damage

66 min
79 max

14% ed= 9 min, 11 max

so Ohm wins
I tend to generalize that ohms work better in eth weapons, ed/max work better in non-eths..

Reactions: d2lover
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High