Best Fury/Rabies Weapon?

Re: Best Fury/Rabies Weapon?

Allright, so I got a 3 socket 261% ed non eth tomb. Should I begin buying the 40/15 jewels, or should I sell the reaver and keep looking for an etomb?

perhaps you should just shael shael it and keep it as a practice weapon so you can see how fast 4 frames would look like, and just imagine if it had 2x more damage or whatever. My etomb is sick and does 204-940 damage 90% ias +47 res all 68% magic find with a zod ;)

Funny thing happened the other day when my friend (amazon) needed help in uber trist. I was like, "Oh crap I need to switch out my cerebus and tombreaver to my up'd ribcracker and Jalal's." I started getting my butt kicked because I am not set-up for those.

Then I realized I actually had more resist if I just kept my etombreaver and put on my mercinary's guillame's face (for crushing blow). I attacked so much faster and it was much easier to keep lifetap on mephisto and not die. Not saying jalal+ribby isn't great vs uber, I am just saying etombreaver +guillame's is just as good if not better.

So I guess it sounds like I'll have to keep looking for that etomb. By practice wep, did you mean that it was actually duel-viable until I can replace it with the etomb? If so, you said shael shael it, which would make it have max attack speed. Any suggestions for the third socket, or should I just leave it empty? You also make jalals sound like a pvm-only helm. Is cerebus better for duels in general, or only against high def characters?

Use it for a pvm weapon for now. That 4fps fury is sweet. My old etomb had 2 40/15 ias zoded. And did over 1k max damage.....

Well now I feel like a total idiot for getting this weapon. Apparently I'm wasting my resources on pvm/practice weapons. Awesome. Should I sell it to fund the etomb, or just keep it if I ever remake my fury wolf?

Wait wait wait

Shael Shael Lo it and it is indeed Duel viable. It won't have the damage output but it'll be 6/4 instead of 7/4 and still does pack a punch.

Alrighty then. I'll do as you suggested and shael shael lo it while I look for the etomb. Thanks for all of the feedback guys.

heck if you going to put a Lo in that, make a doom thresher or giant thresher, and that will work great pvp until you can get that etomb for 10hr's. Plus the requirements are very similar, just that you will be 5 frame, but the play-style will be very similar.

I doubt that cerebus could ever match a jalals at really anything, but I happen to have a nice one and it's kind of cool white looking. PvM a guillame's is probably better than either anyway unless you are using a ribcracker.

I just happened to get a 2soc non eth tomb today for really cheap. My question is, which one should I use for my "practice wep" until I get the etomb? Should I just shael shael the 2soc and use it, or should i go with the shael shael Lo in the 3 soc? I guess it would be easier to use the 2 soc one because I wouldn't have to put a Lo in the other one, but if the damage is drastically different...

By the way, if you think that I should use the 2 soc, should I sell the other one? What do you think it's worth? I think stats on the 3 soc were 261 ed, 44 res. Thanks.

Edit: How is the Doom you mentioned? Would that be a better choice than the choices that I listed above?

Edit2: The only reason that I could see using cerebus is for the big ar bonus in high-defense duels, but it would have to be perfect. But if you are constantly switching between the two you can't stat around the jalals. Hmmmmm...

Doom effeciveness is like in between having a regular tombreaver and an ethy tombreaver. A doom giant thresher (range5) hits hard and fast 5fpa has +2 skill, holy freeze ect, to really bad manner people in duels. Giant threshers have very steep requirements but you get -20% from the hel rune in doom (ends up very close to requirements of an etomb). Other option is regular thresher for lower requirements but you lose a lot of range. It's going to cost half as much just to make a doom as it will to trade for an ethereal tomb reaver. Getting good resistance is even harder with doom, as opposed to a tombreaver. Eventually my druid will have both on weapon switches. Again keep in mind that an up'd ribcracker is cheap in the extreme, and is end game pvm viable.

The hardest part about trading for a 3 socket ethereal tombreaver is actually finding someone who has one for trade. Also keep in mind that you will need a zod rune and some nice ed/ias jewels which can get very expensive.

I would definitely take the 2 socket one and shael shael it, and practice it. It will give you an idea of the speed.

If you max the werewolf skill, there really isn't much reason to use a cerebus except coolness factor. I could see a hybrid build such as rabies needing the attack rate bonus more. I use a cerebus simply because mine is perfect except 3% defence and only 7% life leech.

Thanks for explaining Doom Damric. Sounds pretty good, but unfortunately I have recently lost all of my auradin's gear, my mf sorc, and the two tombreavers. Don't ask how. :xxx::xxx::weep::banghead: So yeah I now have no wealth at all and no way of obtaining anything. It will take me a very long time to get all of my stuff back, so this build will be put on hold for a few months. Thanks for all the feedback guys, all really helpful.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High