Back at it Sundaily

Jan 29, 2009
RL: was supposed to have dad over for lunch with the wife and me, and to see our new place, but the weather has turned a bit iffy, so it's been postponed, which means...

D2: I cranked up a new character...the first in years. I may say more about it later, but I played through the first two quests... one death already due to sloppy play (I forgot my blood raven strategy, had no antidote pots on hand, and didn't yet have a belt: 4 minor pots go fast...) Yes, my skill level remains low...

Also created an Automator action to sync my save folder to/from Dropbox to allow for playing on multiple computers, and found a bunch of old stashes and toons. I deleted all the toons and just kept my unique/set stash and collection of Steel runewords. I don't plan to use any of these: they're all just for grins.

All in all good times.

Wait a second... Lunch with the wife and me. As in Mrs J6G? If so: congratulations! :) You might have noticed that the forum has slowed down a bit.

RL: babies, babies, work, bla, bla, bla...

D2: My HC singer is halfway through NM and my SC poison-necro is soon at normal Baal.

RL: Up all night doing a research project report. Thankfully this is only the rough draft and I'll receive some feedback on it before submitting the real thing this Friday. I won't be putting it off this long next semester...

I've also been way too into Mega64. I've been following along their videos for years but now I've started enjoying their podcast. Weird, but very hilarious, intelligent guys.

D2: I've been enjoying running pits with my novamancer in spurts over the last few weeks.

OVG: Not in awhile. There are a few I've bought but haven't touched, but I will as soon as D2 gets a bit dry again.

Thank you QueenEM! I'm still just gobsmacked, but yes there is a Mrs. J6G, and she's awesome! I'm so blessed to be a part of her life, and to have her in mine.

/sappy gushing

People still play this game? :whistling: Anyways haven't been on the forums for a looong time. Think I got the itch to play d2 again but this time try out the ladder with the reset. Nice to see this place is still alive :)

I guess I better rear my ugly head too. What better entrance than to post in a Sundaily at 11PM local time on a Tuesday?

I saw your message JayGun, I'm not sure if I'll be returning to D2 any time soon. I was enjoyed progress with a Pally I MP'd with with my room-mate, but he's turned into a massive tool. Fallout New Vegas and a renewed love of badminton also takes up a lot of my time.

FE sighting...

Shame on the roommate.

A coworker caught me surfing the forums, and so we had a nice chat (read: I ranted on) about the merits of D2 vs D3.

All in all good times.

The king of act 1 returns...

Wednesday now, but whatever.

RL: work, wife, children, exercise.

D2: Still in 1.07, just found a Balrog Skin rack so that will be hit hard for a bit. Then I need to find a Shako.

The king of act 1 returns...

It's funny because it's true.

Wednesday indeed, let's see how long we can keep this Sundaily going :)

RL: Day off. Partied until 7, flatmate's party only went on until 5. What a bunch of lightweights :crazyeyes: Woke up at 3, breakfast at 4. Firewall is a bad film. Should be going out to dinner later.

D2: Pfffft.

OVG: Fallout New Vegas, or I could tidy my room I guess...

Is this the thread the nursing home of the SPF? Seems like it by the faces :p

J6G! Great to see you around and congratulations on getting a Mrs. J6G!

@queenEm: Hope the kids are well! How old is the oldest again? Turning 3?

RL: Only browsing the SPF every other day, but no time to read up on what's happening around the SPF, because I'm contaminated with RL. Lots of work and after work taking care of my daughter so that my wife can prepare/learn for her exams for her specialization in paediatrics. And no, there isn't time for games/D2 after I bring my daughter to bed, because she usually goes to bed the same time as me or even later... :whistling:

D2: Well, about 1 hour in the last 2 months? Maybe less? Anyways, if I find the time again and feel like playing D2, I'll probably continue with my Green and Gold tourney and Random tournament characters, both sitting in early NM.

OVG: None...although I will probably be buying RoS when it comes out...

It's funny because it's true.

Wednesday indeed, let's see how long we can keep this Sundaily going...

Indeed... except it's Thursday now, so

[highlight]Happy Thanksgiving (US)!!![/highlight]

RL: woke up an hour before the normal alarm goes off, and about 3 hours before the weekend/holiday alarm goes off. Laid in bed for an hour, then just got up. Going to make some coffee and resist the urge to play (see below).

I made cranberry sauce yesterday (for those of you who care: 12oz cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar, the juice and grated rind of one lemon, 1/2 cup of orange juice (the pulpier the better). Bring to a boil, and add one diced jalapeño (and two shots of tequila (optional)). Reduce heat slightly and cook till most of the cranberries are mush, stirring irregularly (about 15 minutes). Take off the heat, cool, pop into the fridge overnight to let the flavors set up = you'll never settle for canned again.)

And later this morning I'll make some mashed potatoes to take over to the inlaw's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

After that, the wife and I are moving her eldest son in because he's being a right jerk to his grandparents (complicated, but two teenage sons, both living with grandparents at their insistence). The young fellow will now get to deal with the JayGun...

Maybe after a bit of...

D2: two toons moving slowly through A1: a hydraorber that just rescued Cain and a tesla-froster ranger about to embark on the Cain quest. Loads of fun, so far, especially after I dug out my old stashes and twinked them as best I could.

Fun times.

And big hello to Bob, FE, and Gris!

Reminds me why I haven't had kids yet. Best of luck JayGun, that must be hella difficult. And Happy Thanksgiving to all the US forumites.

<waves>

And me too... it's interesting to find oneself suddenly dealing with teenagers. It wasn't very long ago that I was a teenager. In some ways, it's good: I can empathize with them and pull Mrsixgun (pronounced "MissSixgun") back from the edge. In other ways, it's not so good, because I was raised in a much more strict and punitive way, and so when it's time to suggest punishment, I suggest the rack, or maybe public flogging, and she suggests no cookies for 10 minutes... (I exaggerate, of course.)

But it's good times, nonetheless. And if things go well, I might have a LAN buddy, maybe.

Oh! and thank you to everyone for the congratulations! I'm still so gobsmacked!

Edit: and it strikes me that this might be better in the bar... Oh well.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High