Area 85 MF tournament 2009

bassano

May 17, 2007
Area 85 MF tournament 2009

Description :
OK it is again time for some fun. Another autumn came I think it is time to do somethink with grail status table for several players.
Still without tyreal I am looking around for some good places how to find somethink.
So all of you you can join the fun and keep your MF quality on top level with another strong MFer playing vs stopwatch.

here is link for last year tournament :
results

Rules
1) Running lvl 85 areas . Difference between other tournament is that you are not restricted by number of runs but by running time which is 20 hours.
2) You must run all the time with single char. (you can have more chars in tournament but you have 20 hours for every char).
3) SC/HC is allowed and the same with RRM/RWM mods.
4) You can use every players setting.
5) Drops counted to final score can be only from monsters in area. Drops from chests are not counted.
6) Start of the tournament will be 28th september 0:00 CET and end of the tournament will be 18th october 23:59 CET
7) Score will be based on MFO scoring system from area lvl 85 lvl 85 Areas (I used score sheet from jjscud thread).
8) End of sign up will be on tournament start but players which just have some char signed in tourney, can enter with another chars even during tournament. (But if you will send me PM that you want sign in even after tournament will start I probably will say "OK no problem" but not do it without send me PM )
9) Winner will be runner with best score of his top 5 items.
10) I will try make some prizes for top 3 runners but I prefer system without pick up of items because some players are selfound and some players have fear from loosing their grailers.
11) Each player after he will finish with his runs must send me his top5 scorelist and after end of the tournament I will post result table.
My email is mario(dot)babunek(at)seznam(dot)cz
12) If I forgot some rules let me know and I can edit it.

Here is a list of lvl 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves))

Here you can find some stopwatch programs for better system of time running whitch I used from jjscud MF pentathlon
Super Simple Stopwatch (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (shareware).

Or you can use classic SIlo´s run counter whitch you can probybly found in stickies and is very good choice.

I want to thank again jjscud for some references which I used here from his tournaments.

Last edited:
Re: Area 85 MF tournament 2009

Code:
Player     Character       Class         MF  Time(h) Qualifier  Area    HC?    /p?     Run#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bassano    Blizzardmaster  Sorceress     640    0       0        AT             p1      0

Code:
Player     Character       Class         MF  Time(h) Qualifier  Area    HC?    /p?     Run#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bassano    Blizzardmaster  Sorceress     640    0       0        AT             p1      0
Drizzy     Aerie           Sorceress     466    0       0        AT             p7      0

Meh, here we go.

Code:
Drizzy     Aerie           Sorceress     466    0       0        AT             p7      0
RIP        Ariadna         Sorceress     450    0       0        AT             p1      0
RIP        Grom            Barbarian 400/550    0       0        Pit            p1      0

I've been waiting for this one, Bass, thanks :thumbup:

Well, before one week i could be in with three characters, now they are just two (my hammerdin died)...

Anyway, its chance for Grom to reach lvl 95 in Pits and at the same time chance for Ariadna to try out AT runs finally!And hopefully chance to find some grailers aswell :scratchchin:

GL to all runners, especially to all czech competitors :thumbup:

Last edited:

Code:
RIP        Ariadna         Sorceress     450    0       0        AT             p1      0
RIP        Grom            Barbarian 400/550    0       0        Pit            p1      0
LD50       Lumi            Sorceress     500?   0       0        AT     no      p3?     0

That's like an hour a day? I guess I can do that.

Hmm, it's been a while since I've been to the Ancient Tunnels... :scratchchin:

Code:
LD50       Lumi            Sorceress     500?   0       0        AT     no      p3?     0
krovak     Hylinda         Sorceress     411    0       0        AT     yes     p1      0

Bassano, you just forced one lurker to crawl out of his lair:wink:

I am currently working on a new area runner - maybe I'll add him, if I have enough time for two chars.

Code:
krovak     Hylinda         Sorceress     411    0       0        AT     yes     p1      0
Kimppi     Salamamuija     Sorceress     391    0       0        Pit    no      p3      0
Kimppi     Kylmyys         Sorceress     TBA    0       0        AT     no      p1      0

I'm in. Trying to go with two chars if I have the time, I just have to think what to throw on for the blizzy.

Hell yes. I had a pretty awesome run last year, so I gotta see if I can defend my #2 position. I've got about the same amount of MF as before but a lot more safety, so I should get at least 50% more runs in.

Look out, world: TheReadMenace is here! :crazyeyes:

Same here as most in that I'm going to be working on a new area runner between now and then. If I progress enough, it might get added.

Code:
Kimppi     Salamamuija     Sorceress     391    0       0        Pit    no      p3      0
Kimppi     Kylmyys         Sorceress     TBA    0       0        AT     no      p1      0
TRM        SclerosesReigns Sorceress     509    0       0        AT     no      p1      0

Sounds like fun.

Code:
TRM        SclerosesReigns Sorceress     509    0       0        AT     no      p1      0
Tubba      LookAboveYouMephSorceress     490    0       0        AT     No      p1

Code:
Tubba      LookAboveYouMephSorceress     490    0       0        AT     No      p1
poops      Athena          Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1

I never did enough runs with my FN sorc to really get a good feel for her yet - this is a good excuse. I might also get into it with a Pit runner later, but we'll see how the AT running goes first.

Also, I volunteer to contribute something to the prize-pool. PM me if interested.

Code:
sequana    Orion           Sorceress     321    0       0        AT             p5/p7   0
poops      Athena          Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0

I need to level new pvp sorc and this can be good occasion. She can't carry much MF, but still I believe she can be decent. Let's see.

And yes, I need some update in Grail status table :yes:.

I'm up for it :)

Code:
sequana    Orion           Sorceress     321    0       0        AT             p5/p7   0
poops      Athena          Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
frozzzen   CoTa            Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0

This should not take too much time and it's always nice to have some competition kicking you in the back :)
Dweb here i come :whistling:

@sirpoops: I will let you know first that tournament will start. I will think about it :)

@all: thanks for sign up for now is not few when it is only first day of sign up :)

Count me in too. It's been a long while since I've done any mindless mfing, so it's time to get back into it.

Code:
frozzzen   CoTa            Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
pwangsta   Andrea          Sorceress     604    0       0        AT     No      p1      0

Code:
pwangsta   Andrea          Sorceress     604    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Pyrohemia  Maud-Dib        Paladin       254+   0       0        Pit    No      p8      0

I am entering with the first of my new pit runners. I may swap out for another, but that character is only going to be started tomorrow :thumbsup:.

This sound fun :)

Code:
Pyrohemia  Maud-Dib        Paladin       254+   0       0        Pit    No      p8      0
Chairnick  Chairnick	   Sorceress     386    0       0        AT     No      p1      0

A couple of questions though:

Do I need to have a trader profile for this tournament (in case I actually win something I give up the prize to the next one below me)?
May I change the amount of MF on my character during the tournament (I get a better pair of wartravs for example) or only until the beginning of the tournament? Same for player settings.

That'll be all I think.

Good luck everyone. :)

Code:
Chairnick  Chairnick	   Sorceress     386    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Low Key    Erandis         Sorceress     524    0       0        AT     No      p?      0

Maybe I oughta do some sort of running this fall, just so that I'll have a giveaway stash of unid items for christmas.

A couple of questions though:

Do I need to have a trader profile for this tournament (in case I actually win something I give up the prize to the next one below me)?
May I change the amount of MF on my character during the tournament (I get a better pair of wartravs for example) or only until the beginning of the tournament? Same for player settings.

It's hard to avoid changing your MF during the course of running sometimes, especially if you're using a lower level character and have a Skullder's equipped.

Basically, this kind of tournament is only about the items that you can obtain; the details are pretty minimal. There were some people last year that changed their /p settings freely. It might be best for you to decide early by doing a few test runs before the tournament begins, but I believe you're free to do as you wish. Maybe you could read the '08 tourney that was linked in the original post just to get a feel for how it all played out.

...bassano will have to rule on it, though, since he's the director. :wink:

Code:
Low Key    Erandis         Sorceress     524    0       0        AT     No      p?      0
San        Cheyenne        Sorceress     400?   0       0        AT     No      p1      0

Count me in. Just built a new sorc the other day, Blizzard + Fire Wall, and she's seemed pretty great so far, level 77 now I think. Pretty sure I'll have her near 90 before the start of the tournament.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High