Are we(zons) better off w/o Torches ?

Re: Are we(zons) better off w/o Torches ?

Blush is probably right though, we've got no idea what the real cause is.
Actually, we do. If everyone in the same game gets disconnected, then chances are it must be at the source (or at least some common junction). Just think of the probabilities of 8 independent unlucky events happening at the same time, unlikely, isn't it. Glide wrapper has nothing to do with it as I run DirectDraw. Another thing is, poison creeper disconnects, everytime, even when most of the mats are not anywhere on my screen, so that's not a graphics problem. My guess it's probably the dupe fix as well, as I never had it before then. Also, if it is any real lag, then you must see effects on the screen, as the game tries to recover as much as possible. A sudden and adrupt disconnect cannot be due to lag itself.

Anyways, the best way to test this is to have someone sits in town for a Baal game, while some strafers strafe like mad in Throne. If the player in town gets dropped as well, then it is Blizz's fault.

Synx:

Join a full baal game with your zon that can make cows. Put on torch, make cow game, herd the biggest pack you have ever seen and start throwing lf's. Game crashed.

hmm. yea. my laptop is ****ty.. running on 512ram and some pretty weak grahpic card.. but i can guarantee the multiple hellfire and all the fanciful spells like LF and CE will crash the game if casted simulatenously... not the computer.. it wont lag or hang. it juz crashes that very game. you cant find and join back the game even it was up like for <5mins.

so. i think we are better off with torches in private games den in 8player games. in 8 player games, most probably a few more players would have torches on themselves..we juz have to not shoot/throw too many bow/jav.. and give each other charc a chance.

I has nothing to do with hardware

My new comp is a quad core with 8gb ddr3 ram, and i still get CI

Right, back to the topic (I think CI has been discussed sufficiently!) I think Amazons can survive far better than other classes can without a Torch, as they seem to be far less skill dependant.

The key to building a decent Amazon has always seemed to me to be a healthy balance between stat placement (sorry, this should read dumping all my points into Dex for my Bowazons) and reasonable gear. I honestly can't think of an Ama I've built who actually needed a Torch particularly.

I'd rather leave the torch off and save annoying people in public games - life is too short. That said, the stat and res boosts are useful, but an Anni can make up for some of the loss.

Anyways, the best way to test this is to have someone sits in town for a Baal game, while some strafers strafe like mad in Throne. If the player in town gets dropped as well, then it is Blizz's fault.
Not that it needs confirming (it's pretty clear from my own experience that certain spells/attacks, especially firestorm, cause CI), but I've crashed while in town in baalrun games at least a couple of times (joining late and needing to shop). If you're trying to tell me that's a client-side issue then I'd have to question your logic. I also had uber trist games crash on me semi-regularly, until I stopped using the pala torch. Circumstantial evidence? Certainly. It's compelling enough for me, though.

Apologies for more CI discussion, lukefojut, I felt it was relevant.

Are you guys saying that torches doesn't crash games playing on bnet? I even crashed private games with my bowa using torch, on bnet, procing firestorms.

I rarely see spell effects cause game crashes to be honest.

That said, I don't like the effect of the firestorm on physical characters anyway. Especially because it isn't really functional either.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High