Another returnee

moiselvus

Oct 5, 2006
Hi all,

It's been quite a while, but I've picked up D2 again, and with that, also went to look for the good old spf. Happy I found it too :D

I used to be active between 2006 and the release of d3, but with periods on and off, i suppose. I've already seen a couple of familliar names, so wondering if you guys remember me?

I actually never picked up d2 again, because I abandoned my old PC, and started gameing on a switch. With d2r a switch version became available, so I finaly had a way to play again.

It's not all perfect though, as the lack of /players x, /nopickup and gomule really hurt. But I'm having a blast playing a bone necro (who's in act 3 NM) and frost zealot (act 2 normal).

So hi all, looking forward to being part of the community once again!

Woohoo! Welcome back, moiselvus! I do remember you and it is so great to see so many people from the SPF returning :)

How does the game play with a gamepad? Maybe I should plug in my gamepad and try it on PC? Not sure if I will get along with it after 21 years playing with keyboard and mouse... :unsure:

See you around! 🙋‍♂️

Hi Grisu! You're definitely one of the familliar names I mentioned!

The gamepad definitely has both pros and cons. The biggest advantage is that movement and skill use are completely decoupled. No longer will I walk up to an enemy instead of using a skill because I forgot press shift. Or attack instead of moving when I really needed to.

Downsides are that it's much more difficult to target a specific enemy or pick up a specific item (interaction is on one of the skill buttons. When I had an attack on it, my inventory was filled after every battle)

In the inventory menu, actions tend to be much slower to perform than I remember from keyboard also. Also I don't know if it's controller related, or just a console thing, but it won't allow me to open up the Inv screen to pickup an item with full inventory, as inventory screen is full screen for me. Those two things have actually resulted in me not carrying my cube anymore, but putting it in stash. The hassle of using the extra space is just not worth it anymore for me.

For me, gamipad feels good, but I don't imagine being as efficient as keyboard/mouse. So I guess I wouldn't recommend it for mf runs, I suppose.

Welcome back. Nice to see some more faces on the forums. Looking forward to reading the Pat-thread for that bone necro. ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High