Another Crazy Running Contest

Re: Another Crazy Running Contest

Did you keep track of the number of runs you did? I didn't see it, but maybe I overlooked it. Also, did you post your final MF%?

I didn't keep track of runs but before I started, I calculated that Meph should drop around 1.2 S/U per run at my players setting and MF level. When I dropped the MF, I recalculated it to be 1.1 so a drop of about 10% in items but my speed improved by more than that. If my calculations were correct, then I did somewhere in the neighborhood of 5500 runs.

My final MF% ended up being 517% which could easily be increased to 577% if I swapped out a SoJ for a 30% Nagelring and dropped an Ist (30%) into my DF. I was going to do the Nagelring switch but forgot about it as I gained levels (the extra +1 skill helped out when I was running Meph in the 70's).

Final gear ended up being:
Harly (74% MF)
Tal's Ammy
Tal's Armor (112% MF)
Tal's Belt (15% MF)
3-piece Tal's Bonus (65% MF)
Death's Fathom (30%; my new favorite toy)
35% FCR Spirit Monarch
Trang's gloves
War Travelers (50% MF)
SoJ
rare 10% FCR ring (as shown in previous post)
Gheeds (39% MF)
12 x 7% MF SC = 84% MF
13 x 6% MF SC = 78% MF
517%

Congrats to Gahzban, Bobthewarrior, Smips and Fabian. And a bigger congrats to Ohomemgrande for finding such a good metalgrid(and loads of other nice stuff :))

Very nice work Ohomemgrande, and nice improvement of the perfect grail.

If I am correct you have 3x4 free space in your inventory for picking up stuff, was that enough?
And did you consider to use anything on weaponswitch?

Last edited:

Very nice work Ohomemgrande, and nice improvement of the perfect grail.

If I am correct you have 3x4 free space in your inventory for picking up stuff, was that enough?
And did you consider to use anything on weaponswitch?

I left a 2 x 4 open space and carried the cube. Most of the time, that was enough but every so often Meph would drop 3 large items so I'd S&E with one item on the cursor. For the rare occasion that Meph dropped 4 large items, I just picked up two items, went through the portal, dropped them in the stash, then returned to the Durance to pick up the other two items.

On weaponswitch I was carrying CTA/Spirit. For Meph, all I used was Battle Command as the +1 skill increased my damage by about 8-10% and pushed my CM to -170%. Meph never seriously threatened me so BO just added extra time to the runs.

Big congrats on completing your goal!! I can see how running a contest of this nature would provide encouragement for running, I may take up something like this in the future...:scratchchin:

Seeing as you found so many items, how are you going to handle this:
I'll also limit taking to only one of each item unless there is a compelling reason to give out more (i.e. want to build a dual Ali Baba wielding Barb)
Both Gahz and I qualify to take one of each item with more items left to pick... (heck, Gahz alone could take 3x of everything with a few picks left over)

While I'm waiting on Gahz to make picks, I would like to know the quality of your cold facets, please.

Seeing as you found so many items, how are you going to handle this:

Both Gahz and I qualify to take one of each item with more items left to pick... (heck, Gahz alone could take 3x of everything with a few picks left over)

While I'm waiting on Gahz to make picks, I would like to know the quality of your cold facets, please.

You're free to take what you'd like up to the limit but since I also offered to give away the leftovers to anyone that asks after the top 5 have chosen picks, I figured I'd add my 2 cents to not over-indulge in the spirit of forum generosity. But, I won't stop you from claiming the full prize :)

Like I said, my facet drops were disappointing. Only one 5/5 (lightning) dropped which I swapped out for an inferior 3/5 in my perfect grail stash. Nothing else improved on what I already have and this is what dropped:

Lightning-Die: -5/+3; -4/+5; -4/+3
Poison-Die: -3/+3; -4/+4
Cold-Die: -3/+3
Poison-Level: -4/+3
Fire-Level: -5/+3; -3/+4
Cold-Level: -5/+3

As a reminder, I'll only give out facets as part of the initial 6 item picks (I can always use facets).

Gheed's Luck was generally bad as well:
87/11/38; 94/10/21; 140/13/32; 88/12/22; 134/14/33; 110/13/26; 148/15/21; 134/10/29; 121/12/36; 153/12/31; 123/15/21; 153/15/30

If there's any other items folks want to see, let me know. Response may be slow during the day (U.S. West Coast) but I'll try to get information as fast as possible.

Congratz Ohomemgrande :). I'm glad I get a pick too! I've already got mine eyed up...Hope it doesn't get taken!

I received your PM. Apparently Ghazban either hasn't been around or hasn't checked his PM's.

Got my pm Ohomemgrande. Have some general idea of what items I want, just waiting to see what Ghazban and BobTheWarrior choose for their first picks to know what's left for me. I'll try my best to have a quick turnaround on my request once my turn comes up.

Per someone's request, the Ormus Robes in the prize stash: (Fire Ball x 2, Frost Nova, Nova)

I'll put a plug in for a Frost Nova sorc as it's a hoot to play.

Still trying to get in touch with Gahzban (he's at least been on the forums in the past few days) so let's be patient for a while still... Regardless, much won't happen over the weekend unless things start happening in the next few hours as I'll be traveling for the U.S. holiday weekend.

And of course, if there's other readouts anyone wants, let me know.

Code:
Ormus' Robes 
Dusk Shroud 
Defense: 455 
Durability: 16 of 20 
Required Level: 75 
Required Strength: 77 
Fingerprint: 0xdacf99a 
Item Level: 87 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+10% to Cold Skill Damage 
+13% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+10% to Fire Skill Damage 
+3 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only) 
+20 Defense 
Regenerate Mana 10%

Ormus' Robes 
Dusk Shroud 
Defense: 468 
Durability: 14 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x1d6e4b4e 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+14% to Cold Skill Damage 
+13% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+11% to Fire Skill Damage 
+3 to Nova (Sorceress Only) 
+11 Defense 
Regenerate Mana 14%

Ormus' Robes 
Dusk Shroud 
Defense: 424 
Durability: 10 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x953d79ac 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+11% to Cold Skill Damage 
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+14% to Fire Skill Damage 
+3 to Frost Nova (Sorceress Only) 
+17 Defense 
Regenerate Mana 10%

Ormus' Robes 
Dusk Shroud 
Defense: 460 
Durability: 12 of 20 
Fingerprint: 0x5653ff68 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+12% to Cold Skill Damage 
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+10% to Fire Skill Damage 
+3 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only) 
+18 Defense 
Regenerate Mana 13%

Congrats on the find :thumbsup:

Sorry, I totally forgot that thread. My apologized... I didnt have time for D2 lately.

Im mainly looking for:

Tal's amy
Lightning facet -4/+5

I dont have time to check if those are availlable for now. But Ill check later today. If they are availlable those will be my pick.

Again sorry for the delay.

edit: my choice is done I got some interest in other stuff but I wont be too greedy as most of the stuff would end in a giveaway which I dont have time for now...

Gahz

Last edited:

Congrats on the find :thumbsup:

Sorry, I totally forgot that thread. My apologized... I didnt have time for D2 lately.

Im mainly looking for:

Tal's amy
Lightning facet -4/+5

I dont have time to check if those are availlable for now. But Ill check later today. If they are availlable those will be my pick.

Again sorry for the delay.

edit: my choice is done I got some interest in other stuff but I wont be too greedy as most of the stuff would end in a giveaway which I dont have time for now...

Gahz

No problem on the delay. One Tal's Ammy and one -4/+5 lightning facet will be on its way. I probably won't send anything out until Tuesday (as I'm traveling).

Next up is Bobthewarrior with a single pick.

I will take the cold-level -5/+3 facet, please.

bobthewarrior.d2 at gmail.com

One lightning-die(-5/+3) facet please :)

ValeofAldur (at) gmail (dot) com

Looks like I'm up.

I'll gladly take that Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band off your hands :)

Smips63@yahoo(dot)com

First picks have been sent out to Gahzban, Bobthewarrior, Kassul & Smips. Please reply in the thread to acknowledge receipt of items.

Next up is Fabian with a single pick followed by whatever large haul Gahzban wishes.

Sent to Gahzban:

Code:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x8251e342
Unidentified
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Set (4 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x690d3059
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

Sent to Bobthewarrior:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x7123b52c
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 43 Frost Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+3% to Cold Skill Damage

Sent to Kassul:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe7d79df5
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+3% to Lightning Skill Damage

Sent to Smips:

Code:
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xa962e35e
Item Level: 99
+1 to All Skills
3% Life stolen per hit
+4 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+50 Maximum Stamina

note that this item was one where I had an improvement so I kept the Mephy one and replaced it with a Baal drop.

I would like to have the Stone of Jordan please :)

fabbe _ sjoblom @ hotmail . com

Received! Thanks & congrats again Ohomemgrande. Encourages me to resume playing D2 a bit more often. :thumbup: Now, to decide if I'll give it to my pure litsorc or my javazon...

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xe7d79df5
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+3% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance