...And Then Comes Back (A Returnee Thread)

Vaguely recall you being really good (well, enough to run me over blindfolded anyway), so that's too bad. :< How was the new campaign from a story aspect? Not really interested in getting it for the actual gameplay. :badteeth: Accursed new units.

JMoD went to omg originally, but he might've finally passed it along after failing to get the jewels he wanted for a 20/-20 poison PvP thing... or something like that? Team Kittens!!! is likely the current owner, but unclear who specifically has it. Well, it probably still has 4x Ist in it anyway. Useless shield is useless.

(Retired around the time you stopped coming here, so no dice on restarts.)

MFO, you must... or at least gieb luck when the time comes. >_>

I'll fix that for you.
Actually, in Brood War Mutalisks are > Archons, as long as the Mutalisk controller is good (Korean).
But in my case, I'm obviously not Jaedong so I have nightmares Mutalisking and controlling rest of my crap at the same time. And you know what Archons do to your average Muta user :) My SC 2 experience is pretty limited but I hear it's unfunny how OP is Zerg. Oh well... I can live without that game.

JMoD went to omg and then passed on to nulio. Last time he mentioned it, it was something about +20/-20 fire facets and PvP Blaze sorc or something equally failish. Unless nulio lied, you know where you have JMoD to steal :badteeth:

I remember you! Welcome back, and I'll say it - you can sign out, but you can never leave...I've come back thrice?

Welcome back!

Once you reach a certain level of wealth, runewords are (ironically) the final frontier when it comes to off-beat builds. 1.13 speeds the process up from years to months, which is good thing in my book. We've all been at this long enough that I don't think anyone really feels nostalgic about past-patch rune odds.

While I was making all my weird budget builds, all my rune wealth was being funneled toward Champ. What's funny is that I could STILL throw a couple more runes at him to optimize him further!

Once you reach a certain level of wealth, runewords are (ironically) the final frontier when it comes to off-beat builds. 1.13 speeds the process up from years to months, which is good thing in my book. We've all been at this long enough that I don't think anyone really feels nostalgic about past-patch rune odds.
Right, so much it's crazy.

I'm currently working on a dream Bowazon - something I've wanted in some capacity or another ever since 1.10 came out and I read the Bow damage comparison thread on the amazon forum. And of course it uses so many damn runewords - Pride, Faith, and Fort. Just also happens to use CoH, CtA, and Kingslayer.

I'll fix that for you.

But in my case, I'm obviously not Jaedong so I have nightmares Mutalisking and controlling rest of my crap at the same time. And you know what Archons do to your average Muta user :) My SC 2 experience is pretty limited but I hear it's unfunny how OP is Zerg. Oh well... I can live without that game.

JMoD went to omg and then passed on to nulio. Last time he mentioned it, it was something about +20/-20 fire facets and PvP Blaze sorc or something equally failish. Unless nulio lied, you know where you have JMoD to steal :badteeth:

well

nublio wanted to troll with some stupid 20/20 fire shield for his fbsork, and then tell you it was for a blazesork, but greedy nub only had 2 fire jools, and was so damn hesistant I offered to just socket the last two for him

i socketed it with a 5/5 poison and a 5/5 lightning and i think right now everyone is just upset with everyone

if you want it back, it's 10/10 5/5 5/5 jmod, still pretty awesome imho

let's just not talk about that jmod anymore...

Perfect thread for my comeback. havent played in god knows how many years good thing i had my atma stashes save on a flash... wow alot of newbies i remember the days of Greybeard and Bone throwers and Alter Ego well i did join in 2003 :)

@maxicek: Oh hi. Pretty sure this is a sign I need to put a two-handed sword wielding character in the to-do list. :)

@Nagisa: Unless you’re at the tip top or scraping bottom it’s tough to make absolutes about skill level in Starcraft (there’s just so much to do!) but I definitely was not bad, by any means, at either game. Largely just an issue of time input – I have a tendency to get pretty obsessed with things I’m into (pretty sure that’s a huge revelation lol) and it’s hard to put in a lot of time toward something and not have results.

As for the campaign for Heart of the Swarm: I thought it was fantastic, though, to be fair, I’m not exactly a tough sale on anything sci-fi (for some reason I glanced over at my bookcase when I wrote this and that definitely corroborated the story: Frederik Pohl, Philip K. ****, Michael Crichton, Michael Flynn, etc.); several steps up from Wings of Liberty, in my opinion, which I felt was good, too, though, so maybe that qualifies my opinion somewhat. There are definitely quite a few answers in HotS, whether that appeals to you or not.

(Retired around the time you stopped coming here, so no dice on restarts.)
Makes sense, what with having a completed item and rune grail and all that. ;p I told myself unless I come up with a build that actually requires Enigma, I’m not allowed to make one until I’ve made a Last Wish (and before that I'd definitely want at least a Faith...), so, if you’d like to help with that you could do a quick restart and find me the necessary Jah runes which should take you, oh, two days or so? :badteeth: :whistling: :crazyeyes: ;p

MFO is still a ways off. We’ll see when it rolls around whether I’ll be competing or not. If not, I’ll put up a trade thread, FT: luck, ISO: checks/money orders... ^_^

@frozzzen: It’s not just Koreans who can have good muta control. It’s just only Koreans can have good muta control and not have 3 larvae sitting at all their hatcheries. :badteeth: As for SC2, let me illustrate how strong Zerg is: a 15 year old who plays Zerg makes everybody else in the world look bad. He even beat God in the last MLG; it’s insane! Obviously this is from no skill of his own. ;p

@Crazy Runner Guy: This really is a special place, and any time you spend wandering around the internet at large only makes you realize that more.

@TopHatCat64: Honestly I would say patience represents the only frontier in off-beat build construction/completion, but I do get what you’re saying. As for Champ: pretty much any build will always have room for improvement. Runes, charms, rares, crafts, what have you. It’s the nature of the game. Also the thing that makes a character like Champ interesting in the first place. :)

I guess the thing with the improved rune drop rates for me is this: it takes away a ton of the mystique of the high runes and the things done with them. Yes, you can now own those cool items you could only dream of before, but in general I’ve found the owning of the object of the dream rarely is as sweet as just having the dream, and in one fell swoop they removed a lot of those dreams from the game. It’s not a bad thing objectively by any means, and it’s long done now, but it just saddens me a little, being one of those overly romantic saps you’d think evolution would’ve weeded out by now.

@TrollMG: OmgHai2Joo. Also, accepting second place? The spam king relinquishing his throne without a fight? This is madness! If you’re actually taking a dive in this fight, well then, I must agree with kestegs. ;p

About the JMoD: ROFL! That’s a pretty awesome (awful?) story. If it’s actually just sitting around socketed and nobody wants it/is using it then I would take it back. I’m sure I can figure out something to do with it eventually – I just never could decide what to do with the thing when it was empty. If someone’s actually using it, well then they’re welcome to hold on to it.

@deathsguard666: Welcome back! Wow, Alter Ego? You are old school! lol

Take it back, and then if you ever leave, give it to someone who will actually use it :)

Also MFO is obviously mandatory, come on now.

JMoD has been with both Joanna and nubio, yet you are brave enough to still consider taking it back? :p

Alrighty, will take your word for it on HotS and... go watch an LP. >_>

You are obligated to join MFO, so prepare yourself. Need area runner(s),[strike] so that I can finally run Baal[/strike] since a certain someone will just make over 9000 excuses about why he's not running Pit [again]. The more you resist, the less likely we will forget once the thing actually comes. :badteeth:

Thanks for the FN comparison thread. I finally got around to reading it today. I DID make the FN sorc already and deeded it after a weekend of palying :p Death explosions aren't nice, but oh well. Maybe I'll make the cheaper Tal's FN sorc sometime since I've never used tal's before. One thing I tried with mine was to use ravenfrost, wisp projector, and black oak shield (max block) for the gratuitous cold and some lite sorb. It worked really well, until I died!

Have any resources on Blova sorcs? It sounds so fancy, and I need more chars to run AT with if I'm ever going to cover 60k more.

Also, I have a video of my FoHer in AT, so maybe you just need to see it to believe it ;)

... Have any resources on Blova sorcs? ...

Yes, yes I do.

First and foremost there's the guide Liquid_Evil, bcoe, BobTheWarrior and I did. Beyond that, the mat threads for the respective authors's builds: bcoe, BobTheWarrior, Liquid_Evil and maareek. There's a video of Liq's runner and a vid of my runner in the guide thread. I know a couple people also tried out the build (I remember taking Blova into some MPs and someone [Albatross?] asking a lot of questions and then bringing his own version in sometime later, much to my joy) but I only found these two in the Mat/Pat thread.

Obviously it's been many years since I built/used Blova, but if you have any questions you can feel free to ask (if I don't know/don't remember I'll just make something up and blame your deeds on someone else. :badteeth:)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High