Amorphis - 1.00 HC Sorceress

I always have some IP Banned trouble, but most of the time it goes after a few minutes. Since 2 days, it's almost every time. I'll MP an admin, thanks.

In Act 2, same damage and mana problem as ever, but it gets worse.
I killed monsters around waypoints or wells, and I skipped other monsters. Xp progression is slow when you kill slowly, but I can't be more efficient for the moment.
The good thing in patch 1.00 is Scarab throw lightning bolt only when they die.

I entered the maggot lair, still remembering the final room in act2 normal.
I used most of my remaining mana pots in a room full of big worms around a boss, I didn't want to let them time to breed and fill every space with maggots.
Amorphis63.jpg

I found the final room, it was quiet, I went for the staff and left.
Amorphis64.jpg

After that, I felt like hunt for Radament (for the merchants discount :p).
It was TP party every 20 seconds, because of all skeletons archer packs, that can empty my mana bubble ni a few seconds
Amorphis65.jpg

A Gem shrine gave me my first perfect Diamond...
Amorphis66.jpg

Radament was slain, I bought every TP scroll Drognan had at 10% discount to celebrate !
Amorphis67.jpg

In the claw viper temple, the most annoying monsters were the salamander. They seem to have a great cold resistance, and I didn't feel easy when facing more than 3 of them.
Amorphis68.jpg

Moment of truth..
Amorphis69.jpg

My mercernary didn't last long, I 've been surrounded by salamanders, I have to Save & Exit the first try. Really scary...
The good news, is the map is really nice (even if I found the stairs late). So, 2nd attempt to get the Amulet : once surrounded, I teleported around, drank a rejuv, took the amulet and vanished. No glory here, but it's done.

The arcane sanctuary took a lot of time. Because I took the 3 wrong paths first, most of all because of ghoul lords, who are tough to kill, they got huge cold resist too, I guess.
Amorphis70.jpg

Found a unique and a set item on the way...
Amorphis71.jpg

Amorphis72.jpg

The invocator is a tough guy, he deals big damage, and was surrounded by many ghouls.
Amorphis73.jpg

Time for Duriel. His tomb was cleared slowly.
Once in his room, I realized how his charge could be lethal : one took away my mana shield and drops my life by 60%. So 2 charges in a row would mean death. Amorphis is not ready to face him, at lvl 28. I'm running out of mana and rejuv potions too, so I have to step back, strengthen her, find nicer stuff...
Amorphis74.jpg

It would be a good idea to repeatedly run normal cs and cows for levels and items. even at p1, normal cs should be giving you reasonable xp (or at least what passes for such). the ability to quickly find certain uniques very quickly from the cow king cannot be understated. by reloading the map repeatedly until favorable patterns are found, you could be holding a frostburn in under an hour.

@Barl, thanks, that's what I did, not in CS however, because of Oblivion Knights very hard to kill for me.

So I get back in Lost City, because I had there a mana pool and a Well close to the waypoint, it allows me more killing without TPing.

Found some grailers there :
Amorphis75.jpg

Amorphis76.jpg

Amorphis77.jpg

I noticed a strange bug with my boots :
Amorphis78.jpg

I have to take them off and back on to reset, if I don't it 's like if I don't wear them.
It's annoying, and I suspected it was because of the required strength which I reach because of many items, including a +5 STR flair.
As I don't want to wear this flair forever, I put 5 more points in STR when reaching lvl 29. And I had not the bug any more.

I had to mule out some items, so after that, I get back to some cow king run. I found some more grailers, not many of them I could use but Tarnhelm.
Amorphis79.jpg

Amorphis80.jpg

Amorphis82.jpg

Also found that nice ring with a great mana bonus !!
Amorphis81.jpg

Finally, I get to lvl 30. 1 point in frozen orb, 1 in clod mastery, the +1 skill from tarnhelm, it was time to face Duriel again.
Amorphis83.jpg

This time, it was easy.
Amorphis84.jpg

Ready for Kurast !

An interesting and entertaining read, thanks for doing this!

What all is needed to get 1.00 up and running? My last windows XP lost it's HDD, so that is out for the foreseeable future.

Hi !

Thanks guys !
Unfortunately, I'm ashamed to anounce that Amorphis passed away.
I forgot the last screenshot...

Basicaly, she cleaned act3 NM really easily. No threat, nowhere.

In the durrance lvl 3, she entered the main room, and was on the middle branch (near where the red TP opens when Mephisto dies). I static'ed around IIRC, and saw on the right side of the room a concil member (Bremm ?) spamming HUGE lightning bolts. Not regular one, but really massive bolts.
I said "oh oh, I 'll go on the left, maybe".

I did this, and started to fight a ghoul. Didn't see Bremm and the bolts anymore, they were on the other side of the stream.

And suddenly, boom, no more mana, nor mana shield, and a second after that, nothing, slained by BREMM ?

I remembered after the shock, I red someone here talking about invisible bolts. It seems that's what killed her, because the only monsters on the screen were a pair of ghouls, Bremm was far from here. I never saw a bolt when she died. :(

I 'll be on vacation friday, so I won't restart now. Maybe I'll be humble and restart SC, don't know. It was fun, but I want more of this !

Sorry for the aborted story.

@Chaostar
Ai :-( What a shame, dude!
And yeah, invisible bolts are a thing in every patch, even 1.14.
It could also have been de-sync, which is very nasty in earlier patches.

Condolences! No shame in dying to MSLE - it's a rite of passage for Classic. Offhand, do you recall roughly what Amorphis' lightning resist, life, and MDR were? Bremm's sparks would deal 26-28 damage apiece (slvl 50), so if Amorphis was hit by an invisible white blob, that would've done her in.

Hey, I don't really remember her stats, no, I switched some pieces ef equipment in act3, and it happened a few days ago, I've a lot of "IP banned" this week, I can't write often in this forum.
LR was between 20 and 40 I think. MDR, 0 or 1 I think ^^

RIP!

Very nice read and what a brave feat to try!

As an easy way to gather some pretty good stuff early is to look for Act IV (norm will do at first) maps with Unique/Champion packs near WP. Roll some of those who drop stuff worth lots of gold (heavy armory comes to mind, staves, paladin rods and wands etc.) and go gamble those 2500 gold boots, leather gloves, caps and quilted armors. With some good luck you could get some great rares straight from the monsters themselves. Remember to check poppables as well, they are bound to drop same item base every time (like a rack would). Bosses drop also same kind of items again and again.

I was rocking some quite ok items when I reached Norm CS since I picked everything worth selling on my play through and gambled away. Basic uniques are pretty easy to gamble as well.

Edit; I think I may have done even some norm LK for gold, it really doesn't take a lot to get ok ones, since the lightest versions are so cheap (and you don't have to put so much those, if any, much needed stat points to strength by using them!).

Thanks ! I could easily farm more cow king for stuff. I wasn't patient enough, but the fact is I felt safe and easy in act3, for the first time in the game maybe.
But you re right, better stuff could have make a différence.

I m not done with this, I ll .be back :)

Sorry to read about the deeds. Looking forward to the next attempt.

Sorry to hear about the ignoble death due to invisible lightning! Shame on Brem, may he die many a death to atone for that sin. I too am eagerly awaiting your next efforts!

Hi guys ! Thanks for all your support. I'm sorry I didn't gave news, first I was in vacations, and I also have a lot of trouble with the IP Banned stuff, I can't access this forum anymore, unless I use Opera and its VPN feature... really boring :(
Anyway...

After Amorphis's death, I had to avenge her.

I have to confess I gave birth to 2 or 3 more sorceresses who died prematurely, one in act 2 by a fast scavenger, another by a light bolt Mephisto throw in her face while I was trying to make a screenshot...
I felt really dumb, even if I know the first levels are dangerous whitout equipement and any useful skill.

Anyway... Kvist is ready to face Diablo in Hell !
kvist1.jpg

kvist2.jpg

The main objectives for normal is to get safe to lvl 18 and get glacial spike, with main invest in vitality, strength for minimum equipment requirement, and a few energy.
Then, to get lvl 24 and mana shield and raise energy.
Finally, lvl 30 and frozen orb, masteries, and a big cow level farming for stuff.

Fighting with the stick is still a good option in the beginning... as long as you avoid to be surrounded.
kvist3.jpg

Lvl 6 brought Ice Blast, first serious spell to use.
kvist4.jpg

The whole first act was done fast, Cain saved, the countess was easily slained.
kvist5.jpg

I hoped to find a weapon rack offering scepters in the countess tower or in the crypt, it would provide a lot of money, but there wasn't.

No real nice drop to notice, but an average rare belt. No luck too with Akara, I hoped to find a +3 ice blast staff, I didn't.
I finished the act at full speed, and took down Andariel. I just hitted lvl 10.
kvist6.jpg

kvist7.jpg

I gave act 2 a try, but it was really too hard for a lvl 10 sorceress. This guy followed be to town to kill me.
kvist8.jpg

I didn't find a good staff, I get back to act 1, without more luck. And when I found one, it was too expensive :
kvist9.jpg

I went to the mausoleum and the crypt to gain some xp, and some magic item to sell. I found this on the second run in the Crypt's chest :
kvist10.jpg

Rixot's Keen, my first grailer. Useless, but it worth 5000 gold coins.

I returned to act2, to get to lvl 12 in the desert. Low killing process, and still no nice staff from akara.

Then I decided to go to Radament. Killing 1 skeleton is a challenge, I had to get back to town a lot to refill mana. Anyway, I finished the quest :
kvist12.jpg

One skeleton beside Radament gave Hsarus Boots. They will be better than the cracked boots I found in the beginning.
kvist13.jpg

After a lot of shopping to Akara, I mean A LOT ! I finally get this, for all my money :
kvist15.jpg

Time to leave my starting staff, and get a real ice blaster !

It's a relief, I can one shot kill almost every monster now.
With that new staff, grab the horadric cube was easy.
kvist16.jpg

The search for the staff's pieces was easy too, I had to retry the claw viper, the first was ruined by a stupid mercerary who brought all the vipers to me.
2nd try was done alone, and the room cleaned.
kvist17.jpg

I shopped 2 nice items from Elzix, including this cool belt, and 20%mf gloves.
kvist18.jpg

I also dropped this nice amulet
kvist19.jpg

Then, I killed a lot a monsters in the palace and the arcane sanctuary, I could reach lvl 17 right after I killed the summoner

The 20% mf helped quickly : I found cathan 's visage in the canyon, right after that a rare bow (only my 3rd rare item from the start).
kvist21.jpg

Duriel was easily slained, gave me Wizendraw, and I can reach Kurast. I'm only lvl 17.
kvist22.jpg

Nice to see you back at this - good luck!

LCS and skills update when you get a chance please.

Yeah, I forgot about stats. I played this part a few weeks ago, so I can only remember.

In the end of act 2, it was pretty simple : skill points in heat, static field (maybe 4 or 5 each), and 1 to all skills I need to access Frozen Orb, Teleport, Mana Shield.
Attributes, a few in Strength, a lot of Vita, some Energy.
Resists near zero, I guess ^^

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High