Guilherme with 23 max jew
Angelic amy
70 life 3x max jew armor.
Eth honor lance
Angelic rings
Ik gauntlets
Waterwalk
Death sash
Charms 9/10 max grand charms with 15 life sc under those.
Boing 4 combat: 2 bo helm, amy and weapons (no sojs today ;/). This should give me +8 to my bo. Just switch equip after .
Skillpoints:
11 bo
1 spear mastery
3 prereq
1 battle command
max leap attack
11 in leap.
Stats: minimum to use eth honor lance the rest in vita.

Well this is the current setup, any suggestions about it?Also wondering if ias helps 4 leap and if the weapon i picked is the best 1 to use. Oh last question: change some leap tactics with me

Remco

Are you honestly looking for suggestions or is that just for drooling? :xgrin:

Seriously, I guess the death sash is for the CBF and nothing more right? CBF is really sweet indeed, but remember it's a crappy belt otherwise (alone at least) and it cannot be upped. Well, I guess CBF is crucial, so you just might have to stick with it.

The setup does seem almost impeckable, but I do have another alternative for such a build and it's about the rings/ammy. I'm NOT even suggesting this, I'm just telling you all about the alternative which I'd probably use instead (if I had it, duh).

Ammy: Mahim Oak Curio.
Rings: Rare or crafted (blood) ones.

Why? Well, you get VERY sweet bonuses from the Mahim and I'd say they are equal to, or outweighs the set bonuses from Angelic. That depends on what rings you can get of course too, but if you do get decent rings, it'll be >> angelic in my book. I guess it's a matter of preference (and/or wealth). Anyway, I'm just bringing it up so that it (my favorite alternative) doesn't get over looked.

Another alternative, this too, a matter of preference, would be if you found a 3 sock super barb helm. +15 str, and the deadly/crushing are sweet indeed, but if you could get one with +BO, Spear mastery, Leap, it might actually be worth it because of the three (hopefully) sockets. But, again, it's mostly about preference. The thing is, I'd like to think you'll 1 hit KO most of your opponents in that lvl range, wether you have the CB/DS or not.

Seems like solid build enough anyway. I'm just showing some viable (highly) alternatives!

Oh, and yes: The eth Honor Lance is probably the best choice. You might want to get a really fast/high blocking shield (Whistans, oh yeah) on switch for the "closing in" on your pray too. Or, if you're really fast/good with the switch, maybe a Rhyme shield. Why? Well, if you only use your lance when actually attacking and swiftly switch back, you'll have CBF most of the time and you can get a better belt than death's...

Good luck!

Well

doubleOObubble said:
Are you honestly looking for suggestions or is that just for drooling? :xgrin:

Seriously, I guess the death sash is for the CBF and nothing more right? CBF is really sweet indeed, but remember it's a crappy belt otherwise (alone at least) and it cannot be upped. Well, I guess CBF is crucial, so you just might have to stick with it.

The setup does seem almost impeckable, but I do have another alternative for such a build and it's about the rings/ammy. I'm NOT even suggesting this, I'm just telling you all about the alternative which I'd probably use instead (if I had it, duh).

Ammy: Mahim Oak Curio.
Rings: Rare or crafted (blood) ones.

Why? Well, you get VERY sweet bonuses from the Mahim and I'd say they are equal to, or outweighs the set bonuses from Angelic. That depends on what rings you can get of course too, but if you do get decent rings, it'll be >> angelic in my book. I guess it's a matter of preference (and/or wealth). Anyway, I'm just bringing it up so that it (my favorite alternative) doesn't get over looked.

Another alternative, this too, a matter of preference, would be if you found a 3 sock super barb helm. +15 str, and the deadly/crushing are sweet indeed, but if you could get one with +BO, Spear mastery, Leap, it might actually be worth it because of the three (hopefully) sockets. But, again, it's mostly about preference. The thing is, I'd like to think you'll 1 hit KO most of your opponents in that lvl range, wether you have the CB/DS or not.

Seems like solid build enough anyway. I'm just showing some viable (highly) alternatives!

Oh, and yes: The eth Honor Lance is probably the best choice. You might want to get a really fast/high blocking shield (Whistans, oh yeah) on switch for the "closing in" on your pray too. Or, if you're really fast/good with the switch, maybe a Rhyme shield. Why? Well, if you only use your lance when actually attacking and swiftly switch back, you'll have CBF most of the time and you can get a better belt than death's...

Good luck!

The part left to finish is the max jews on the armor. Other stuff i have atm :) I will look at the ring amy part. I agree that if i could get reasonable ar without the angelic i should dump them ;/. Amy and 1 ring with blood ring on other is idd a good option. I need to look 4 a ring with stats under 35 tho, may take a while ^^. About the helm im not sure i would manage to find or trade a helm with +3 bo and more stats. Another thing you miss is fhr then, irrc there's a break at 36 fhr 4 barbs. Wanted to try to make that with guil + 2x balance. I also found out that i prolly cant use bo switch with my helm bc the guillhaurme is so heavy ;/. The shield suggestion is idd nice, but when you suggest i switch? most of the time i try to leap him when he's like my weapon range away. Im not sure if it works to shift + leap when he's in melee range. If thats possible maybe i could use shield let him try his luck and then switch and hit him ;p. This is idd kinda 1 hit ko gambling, leapers arent famous 4 there 100% flawless aim ^^. I will try some mahim oak ring combinations to c how my ar is doing. Im aiming 4 ar around the 3-5k.
Thx 4 your suggestions,

Remco

i suggest you to switch to ik belt and ik boot
you get ar defense 40 life 40 run walk and +2 combat skills with these items together

Drop that worthles deaths sash! Slap on a string and get some DR % :). Last time I used leap attack I don't remember the cold hindering my jumping ability at all? Maybe I am wrong but eh, just what I remember. Also a leaper in PvP requires a good feel for the use of the skill and various strategies. You have a great gear there and if you are not experienced with leap barbs in PvP you might want to consult with Barry since I am pretty sure he made one recently.

Thx 4 the tips

GrnEggsNHam said:
Drop that worthles deaths sash! Slap on a string and get some DR % :). Last time I used leap attack I don't remember the cold hindering my jumping ability at all? Maybe I am wrong but eh, just what I remember. Also a leaper in PvP requires a good feel for the use of the skill and various strategies. You have a great gear there and if you are not experienced with leap barbs in PvP you might want to consult with Barry since I am pretty sure he made one recently.

So i will prolly dump death sash. I wanna test first if it affects my swing speed, bc that was what i feared. If i swing slower there's a chance i will just miss the guy and missing with leap isnt really something to be ashame of but it still hurts :). I planned the ik gloves + ww combo bc ww gives more stats. Im not sure that frw would help that much on a leaper. Maybe i should try out a bit which i like better. At first i will just duell priv with loot on so i can practise some and ****. When i feel that i know the tricks enough i will put op the charms etc. If there are things i should really know about leaping just post them to ^^.

"The shield suggestion is idd nice, but when you suggest i switch?"

When you get in attack range, still keeping some margin of course. Also, if you aren't planning on attacking with anything but the Lance, ie leaping, then you *could* use a charged item with the shield, "Weaken" comes to mind. I guess this is cheese-boarderline, you have to figure that out by yourself. Anyway, the Mahim amu gives +10% to AR, so even if you may not net as much as with Angelic, you'd still get a very nice AR, and getting great crafted/rare rings at lvl 35 should be NO problem at all. You can get ones with alot of stats, AR and life, which will save you even more life than Angelics (together with Mahim of course).

"I also found out that i prolly cant use bo switch with my helm bc the guillhaurme is so heavy ;/."

I don't get that part, explain?

"Im not sure if it works to shift + leap when he's in melee range."

I don't think that works, what should work though, is holding ALT as well. That way, you don't target the opponent and while you have huge range with the Lance, you'd have a nice chance to hit. I'd like that confirmed though - I'm not sure if the barb attacks at landing when holding ALT. Someone?

Re

doubleOObubble said:
"The shield suggestion is idd nice, but when you suggest i switch?"

When you get in attack range, still keeping some margin of course. Also, if you aren't planning on attacking with anything but the Lance, ie leaping, then you *could* use a charged item with the shield, "Weaken" comes to mind. I guess this is cheese-boarderline, you have to figure that out by yourself. Anyway, the Mahim amu gives +10% to AR, so even if you may not net as much as with Angelic, you'd still get a very nice AR, and getting great crafted/rare rings at lvl 35 should be NO problem at all. You can get ones with alot of stats, AR and life, which will save you even more life than Angelics (together with Mahim of course).

"I also found out that i prolly cant use bo switch with my helm bc the guillhaurme is so heavy ;/."

I don't get that part, explain?

"Im not sure if it works to shift + leap when he's in melee range."

I don't think that works, what should work though, is holding ALT as well. That way, you don't target the opponent and while you have huge range with the Lance, you'd have a nice chance to hit. I'd like that confirmed though - I'm not sure if the barb attacks at landing when holding ALT. Someone?

Its idd alt :) Did some research since last post. If he's in melee range and you use alt + attack you will use leap a. If he's out melee range you need shift + attack tho ^^. Im making my build so that i will get exactly 115 str with stat bonus from guilhaurme and ik gaunts. However if i drop helm 4 a bo helm i wont have enough str to requip it and i have to fool around with str charms to get it back on after i put my bo helm off. This is doable but prolly gets annoying after 3 times :).

Having a shield and a wand with decrep charges on it would probably be optimal. Slowing them is a good way to keep them from escaping your Leap Of Death. :D

for some reason this lvl 19 barb thought it was necessary to use weakon on my lvl12 charge pally... Needless to say I could not hit the cheesy bastard :(. So weaken is definately good lol but it is the cheese and looked down upon. Also never thought about that alt+attack sequence good job guys I learned something today :). Also for switching BO helm and such it would probably be easier to have a tancred's armor to swap on (+15 str) and or twitch (+10 str). If you need more than that then find some magic boots that add like 10+ to str to also swap on (I think you can get +20 str on boots at lvl 35 not sure though), if +5 more str is all you need then sanders would do it. Swapping on 1-2 items to get an extra BO is definately worth it especially if you are gonna do BO helm + 2 BO weaps on switch. Not sure if that will work for you but something to atleast think or look at.

I thought weaken just made you do less damage, not lowered AR... but i could be wrong :D

"Also for switching BO helm and such it would probably be easier to have a tancred's armor to swap on (+15 str) and or twitch (+10 str)."

Or, you could of course go with a much easier alternative: P-amethysts in 3/4 sock armor anyone? :lol:

Ahhh I am profoundly wrong! Weaken does only lower dmg grrr... I don't know how you can get more than 2.8k AR on a lvl 12 charger then :( Stupid barb. Anyways yea I completely forgot about useing gems in armor seeing as I haven't done that since classic :). Back then I would always have a 2 P-amethyst helm to slap on at lvl 1 and then equip nice gear as early as possible lol.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High