Advices for a better bowazon gear

TheOnlyLuca

May 11, 2017
Hi experienced diablo 2 players!

I would like to get some help about bowazon gears which would be better for me to beat hell more easily.

Here is my setup:

http://imgur.com/a/lp60z

I can beat hell, but it takes so long time.
I would like to use the strafezon.
I checked many threads, but i am currently in a set so i can get the bonus from it.
Please look at the picture, and please give me an advice which items should i change. (i think i need to take another armors instead of mavinas (but they are looking so cool))

+ what kind of charms should i get?

Sorry for my straight question, my english isnt very good.

Thank you in advance!

The main problem I immediately see is Mavina's weapon. Its damage is just way too low. =(

I've always avoided mavina because of the low damage weapon. A runeword like Harmony or Faith would surpass it, given your base weapon is at least an elite weapon of some kind (doesn't have to be +3 enhanced Grand Matron Bow). Definitely make a Faith if you got the runes. It's ED% is locked at 330%, which is waaaaaaaaaay more than your mavina+bonuses.

A nice typical setup would be:

1. using a Harmony or Faith (or if you want to use frozen arrow as main skill, Ice runeword is wonderful)

2. maxing pierce without putting many points in it (Razortail belt, with +skill, make it equal to 9 pierce, while Razortail gives you +33 pierce!)

3. using Laying of Hands gloves for the fire resist + increased attack speed + massive damage to demons bonus (since most monsters are demons in the game). OR any rare gloves that gives +skills and/or resists and/or leech. OR knockback gloves if you don't have any form of knock back

4. put the Fortitude armor on yourself for the giant boost in damage.

5. put as many points into dex as you can while maintaining a health pool as comfortable as you can make it. You can try to find items that gives you Life/Vita, so you don't have to waste points into life. (I run around with 531 life (652 with fort on), enough strength to wear my fort (84 str for wyrmhide though you need 103 for your archon plate, and all my points into dex (318 without gear, 341 with charms and raven).

6. get a source of crushing blow for faster killing as well. Helmets like Guillaume's Face have a 33% chance of crushing blow (though it's low for bows, but its still great), and/or get Gore Rider boots (15% crushing blow and 15% deadly strike), and/or get more deadly strike with Highlord's amulet.

7. try and get any torch (oh nevermind you already got one)

8. Ravenfrost (which you have already. keep it!)

9. Anni charm, which I think you have, because I see 2 soulstone graphics in your inventory

10. Reaper's Toll on your merc. with this, any monster your merc touches will die in 2 seconds.

11. Harmony runeword on weapon switch for the extra boost in running speed (optional of course)

Of course, try to balance these with your own mix of resist gear and charms, so you don't die from a few stray elemental projectile. :p

I currently have a multi-shot setup and do 798-1781 (regular Matriarch bow) with 45% faster attack speed (laying of hands glove, and jeweled stealskull), and without any source of crushing blow, and every regular monster on the screen in a solo game dies within 5-7 seconds. I don't have a torch or anni :(

Last edited:
The main problem I immediately see is Mavina's weapon. Its damage is just way too low. =(

I've always avoided mavina because of the low damage weapon. A runeword like Harmony or Faith would surpass it, given your base weapon is at least an elite weapon of some kind (doesn't have to be +3 enhanced Grand Matron Bow). Definitely make a Faith if you got the runes. It's ED% is locked at 330%, which is waaaaaaaaaay more than your mavina+bonuses.

A nice typical setup would be:

1. using a Harmony or Faith (or if you want to use frozen arrow as main skill, Ice runeword is wonderful)

2. maxing pierce without putting many points in it (Razortail belt, with +skill, make it equal to 9 pierce, while Razortail gives you +33 pierce!)

3. using Laying of Hands gloves for the fire resist + increased attack speed + massive damage to demons bonus (since most monsters are demons in the game). OR any rare gloves that gives +skills and/or resists and/or leech. OR knockback gloves if you don't have any form of knock back

4. put the Fortitude armor on yourself for the giant boost in damage.

5. put as many points into dex as you can while maintaining a health pool as comfortable as you can make it. You can try to find items that gives you Life/Vita, so you don't have to waste points into life. (I run around with 531 life (652 with fort on), enough strength to wear my fort (84 str for wyrmhide though you need 103 for your archon plate, and all my points into dex (318 without gear, 341 with charms and raven).

6. get a source of crushing blow for faster killing as well. Helmets like Guillaume's Face have a 33% chance of crushing blow (though it's low for bows, but its still great), and/or get Gore Rider boots (15% crushing blow and 15% deadly strike), and/or get more deadly strike with Highlord's amulet.

7. try and get any torch (oh nevermind you already got one)

8. Ravenfrost (which you have already. keep it!)

9. Anni charm, which I think you have, because I see 2 soulstone graphics in your inventory

10. Reaper's Toll on your merc. with this, any monster your merc touches will die in 2 seconds.

11. Harmony runeword on weapon switch for the extra boost in running speed (optional of course)

Of course, try to balance these with your own mix of resist gear and charms, so you don't die from a few stray elemental projectile. :p

I currently have a multi-shot setup and do 798-1781 (regular Matriarch bow) with 45% faster attack speed (laying of hands glove, and jeweled stealskull), and without any source of crushing blow, and every regular monster on the screen in a solo game dies within 5-7 seconds. I don't have a torch or anni :(

Hi tchan!

First, thank you for your very helpful advices!!! I've already got the items you mentioned. My damage now is waaay better! I feel like my character is the death incarnate! The venom lords and oblivion knights and everything is disappearing in front of me! ;)

Only difference between your items, that i got a damage helmet instead of Guillaume's Face (bone skull with jewels +dmg and +def) because i have gore riders.
I will send some screenshots when i am finished with work.

Do you have any advices for charms? grand - max damage, or etc?
My poison resist and fire resist are almost max, but the lightning and (if i remember correctly) the cold are zero.
Yesterday i've found a small charm that icreasing my lightning resist by 8. (more than nothing)

But on the worldstone keep lvl 2 the ghosts (or whatever) one hitting me.

Thank you one more time for the very good advices!

You're welcome :D

Definitely get as much fire and lightning res as possible first, then cold, then lastly, poison. If you can replace some poison res with lighting, that'll be ideal.

Yep those souls will one shot u if u got zero light res o.o; Avoid em until u get more res.

For charms, yes, any small charms with +light res and/or +damage +ar +life is good, even when it seems a small amount. If you got the inventory space, keep any grand charms that give you those big lightning res (26%-30%).

I wouldn't use GCs for resist, SCs are more efficient and very easy to gather. Also, CB is ineffective for a bow wielder, don't pick an item based on it. Use something else such as Vampire's Gaze for the dual leech/DR/MDR, plus cold damage is nice. Even Shako or Andariel's would be better. Alternatively, Tal helm gives you leech and Mavina's is actually nice. You could even use use giant skull and stick two ias jewels in it if you want the 30ias without using up a socket quest.

May be my luck, but I hardly find enough small lightning res charms. I mostly find the grand charms with light res, so I keep what I can get. Crushing blow is a nice supplement to have, but yeah first and foremost, get your speed and damage up.

If you have a single point in Guided Arrow, you can shoot Burning Souls from around a corner, where they can't hit you.

If you have a single point in Guided Arrow, you can shoot Burning Souls from around a corner, where they can't hit you.

I think they changed it so that guided arrow need to be line of sight now. =(

Ah, we must be playing different patches. I'm still playing 1.13*, and it works perfectly.

*And going back to some 1.07 this afternoon.

Ah, we must be playing different patches. I'm still playing 1.13*, and it works perfectly.

*And going back to some 1.07 this afternoon.

I'm on the battle net most recent patch, 1.14d. Yep they made it line of sight only. I miss the days of shooting around corners. Also, I remember that patch that let guided arrow have pierce, and everyone would just kill act bosses so fast because it'll just keep piercing over and over and over for each shot. :p

Yeah, that was the 1.09 patch, when the Buriza (Burrito cannon) was king. That was a lot of fun. Cow after cow after cow...

Yeah, that was the 1.09 patch, when the Buriza (Burrito cannon) was king. That was a lot of fun. Cow after cow after cow...

Good times :D I think they lowered the attack speed/power of Buriza later on? It doesn't feel as powerful anymore now in the current patch when I got it.

If anybody would like to play in party, you can add me as a friend on the Battle.net :)

battlenet name is TheOnlyLuca - character name is Krisztina.

I forgot to send the pictures about my current gear, and i am working again, so maybe i can post the screenshots in the evening if you are curious :D

If anybody would like to play in party, you can add me as a friend on the Battle.net :)

battlenet name is TheOnlyLuca - character name is Krisztina.

I forgot to send the pictures about my current gear, and i am working again, so maybe i can post the screenshots in the evening if you are curious :D

Sure! What realm are you at? US west/east? Europe?

I got no characters on USeast :(

I'll start a new one after the ladder reset this month on the 30th :)

I met and will join a Europe group that's gonna play after reset too. Wanna join us?

Thread is:

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/need-advices-on-bowazon-build-ladder-reset.942855/

Thank you for inviting me! :) I am on Europe ladder, not on USeast :D

I dont know exatly if I begin a new ladder character, because honestly i am not really intrested in any character except bowazon. :D
Starting a new game with a bowazon would be pointless.
I really dont know what will I do after the ladder reset. o_O

Thank you for inviting me! :) I am on Europe ladder, not on USeast :D

I dont know exatly if I begin a new ladder character, because honestly i am not really intrested in any character except bowazon. :D
Starting a new game with a bowazon would be pointless.
I really dont know what will I do after the ladder reset. o_O

There are several different builds to do with bowazons. I love bows in general, in all video games. Some don't represent the power of the bow enough. Some games make them too wimpy, and shoot too slow. I have to sink an arrow into an enemy like 10 times to kill it, while a player with a melee character hits them twice and its dead. :eek:

The last season (current season i guess) I made a multi-shot Faith zon for the first time. I was always reluctant to use muli-shot because of the 3/4 penalty (I remember when it used to not have that. Those days were GLORIOUS), but with Faith it can offset the penalty a lot, by putting it on a fast bow. I shot so fast things die in 5 seconds. But it does use a lot of arrows >_>;

My favorite build was always Frozen Arrow, but I could never get it to full power because I never had enough runes to make Ice, or have room to have any grand charm zon skillers. I'll try that next season. Frozen arrow + strafe.

You can try making Phoenix runeword, which is crazy expensive, but gives you -28 fire resistances on monsters you hit, so your Immolation arrow would hurt them a lot. But then, Immolation arrow got that annoying timer on it. Maybe you can strafe, then Immo, then strafe, repeat? It's also a bit flashy too, casting lvl 22 firestorms and absorbing the souls of the dead with Redemption aura. (probably don't wanna use this if you got a Necro in the party)

You can also make a support zon, if you play with friends. It's one of the few builds that focus more on debuffing enemies than dpsing enemies. I recently found this out btw. If you make Silence runeword, use strafe, 100% pierce, you'll be able to cast blind on everything on the screen. That would stop everything in their tracks except any players within a foot of a monster.

Similarly, you can also just make Delirium helm runeword, strafe, and make everything confused and attack each other. (doesn't work for some enemies that spot you first, sometimes. it seems kinda random)

You can also make Wrath runeword, use strafe, and it'll cast Decretify on everything, giving everyone else in your party a nice damage bonus as they mow down enemies.

Wanna make a flashy necro zon? Make Brand runeword, use strafe, and you'll be shooting out lvl 20 Bone Spears with each enemy hit. It also casts Amplify Damage on the poor critters on top of that. Ouch!

Actually, Ice has a 22% chance to cast lvl 22 Frost Novas, so with a quick strafe, you'll be flashing off those things as well. Damn, I'm looking forward to making Ice.

For further crazy spells flying around, equip your act2 merc with Rift runeword, and you'll be seeing Tornadoes and Frozen Orbs spewing across the screen. Got many high runes just laying around? Use them to make Destruction for your merc, and you'll be seeing Volcanoes, Novas, and Molten Boulders expelling from your merc.

With that said, Faith runeword is THE best dps and attack speed-wise. But the other bows can be a lot more fun :)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you need 30 more IAS to hit the last Guided Arrow breakpoint with a GMB. Switch belt for Nosferatu's. Get a Cat's Eye or Highlords Amulet (I prefer cat's eye). And then I would switch your boots for War Travelers.

if you would stack with mavinas it would be good with some exceptions. if you changed it, it is even better :) as for me, i would prefer at least highlord amu, especially if you need li resi. but mainly because of deadly strike. still guly is nice choice, you probably lack some fhr, it has str, cb and ds (!). although you have critical strike, untill you have 100%, every dl is good imho. as for as charms, definitely ar/min/life and some nasty poison dmg are welcome too. as bowa has nice bonuses to ar, don't go for items with %ar but some hard +ar. i personally like harmony very much. cheap, vigor, nice ele dmg and +valkyra which is very important with that build. very important is what kind of aura has your merc too, but i don't know yet ;-) but he definitely lacks some fhr because palas are very vulnerable in this. if you need some extra crowd control delirium helm for your char or merc is very good option. my friend played a lot bowa with faith and very recommended me to take baba merc with lawbringer. it is really good choice as for as killing speed, safity, crown control and bonus is extra dmg to undead and pi solution. as for as skill points usage i really never like too much strafe and used it very very rarely, although it depends on plaing style. i appreciate your points in valkyra, cause she is my favourite pet when i play bowa :) add: as for as bow i dropped rare bow with enhanced dmg over 400% iirc! it is not elite, but i cherish it like treasure. i would finally one day upgrade it and use it. it has more useful bonuses :cool: unfortunatelly i have not screenshot and have no idea where it is. maybe after some bans i find it and take screenshot. add2: i would recommend usage of +min dmg rather than enhanced dmg jewells...

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High