Acquiring high runes

McGruber08

Mar 28, 2020
I sometimes wonder why I don't just stick to Offline, while I get connection interruptions and no separate drops. I guess I like the idea of co-op but then who gets the torch? Guy with the keys I guess.

Anyway I am trying to make a smiter online build. I have been doing numerous runs everywhere, Trav, AT, PIT, Meph and Arcane mostly. A few days ago I got a SUR rune on a Trav run but not much else other then Jalal's Mane.

A friend is fully decked out with 3 characters and waiting for him to get back to me on what his secret is. Offline its just a matter of time and luck on p7 kurast.
Do some people piggyback (jump into p8 baal run games and just run a different area and take the loot)? Is that effective or is it just a matter of them having more time to commit?

I could farm portal keys or something, I just don't know what people want. On Traderie I offer up essences and elite uniques and perfect 7% mf small charms but no one seems interested.

So what is the secret?

Here's a little excerpt from my last piece about getting from mid runes to High Runes:

Finally, I wanted to offer a trade tip to those of you who have a lot of currency runes and items. I’ve been asked a few times about turning these into the coveted High Rune to get your hands on those best-in slot items to finish off your main character.
https://www.purediablo.com/the-state-of-trade/
The first goal is to cube up your runes from Puls to Um, Ums to Mal, and Mals to Ist or trade them up if you can catch a good buy. Sometimes players will unload a higher value item for ½ price simply because they’d rather take some quick cash – then you turn around and take a little more time to sell at a premium. Once you have those Ists you can search out sellers and buy Gul, Vex, Ohm and Sur. If you trade aggressively you can get your hands on a Lo, Jah, or Ber for a lot less then the stated price. Hope that helps you in your search for those final pieces to complete your build.

I haven't used traderie, but you can either price your items aggressively, advertise them constantly or just list them and wait for traders to come to you. So take a loss, spend a lot of time, or have to wait for a buyer/seller. Pick your poison. I've traded here and on our Discord, but most of my 'wealth' came from cow drops, Puls, Um, Mals.

You have to find something you are good at and enjoy farming and then you will get some stuff to sell - like your charms and uniques. Sounds like you could probably look around for MFSC and essences.

Farming keys themselves is worth your time, even if you don't run the Ubers. You are right, you can make 2 Ist off of 4x3 keyset. It takes a while to farm keys, but every build can do it. Finding a perfect ptorch or storch will net you a Ber - the highest rune of all. But if you are going all in on torch running, be prepared to sell off those crappy 12/16 dudu torches for Um - Mal. I'd stick to running the keysets and getting your 2-4 Ist a week. After a few weeks, you'll have enough to trade for your Sur - Lo. And hopefully on the way there you get something cool like war travs or eth elite 4os armor.

Finally, the more wealth you build up, the more money you can make. Period. It's easier to farm cows with a javazon with a griffon's. A Meteorb sorc with full Tal's is pretty much unstoppable. Get to the next level up in the end game and watch your wealth grow.

• If you have time, you spend it boosting your trade everywhere you can.
  • You can also spend time searching buyers/sellers with the best price to get a good deal.
  • If you need fast cash, lower your prices.
  • Not a great idea to build wealth, but sometimes you just need that mid rune right now
  • If you can afford to wait and get full price, let the buyers/sellers come to you.
  • Waiting also allows you to get multiple offers - a good way to auction off high value items.

Reactions: McGruber08
Thanks for the pointers.

I talked to my buddy and he said he was playing 10 hours a day in 3 man games when it first came out. Well that does explain how he was so decked out.
Will re-read your post in the morning and make some notes and keep at it.

Reactions: Nokk
My barb was soloing online and horked a Sur on some skeleton mages near Fire Eye the other day. My advice for rune hunting is to kill as much stuff as you can, as fast as you can with whatever character you feel comfortable playing. Also kick open every stash, chest, barrel, ect. Eventually you find them, but on the way there is so much good crafting stuff just waiting to be picked up. I never have enough gems to craft or reroll charms. If you get bored, try farming different areas. I'm pretty much too lazy to do serious trading like I used to do in the old game so whatever I use, I probably found it myself.

Reactions: McGruber08
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High